Battery life with Watch OS2

rafael4255

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I also noticed a severe drain after updating to WatchOS2, but a co-worker who also updated thought his watch was lasting longer than before. I was getting 8-10 hours per charge. He was getting almost 36!

I figured out the problem. The only thing I did differently was agree to automatically send diagnostics information. Once I turned that off, my watch instantly stopped draining so rapidly.

On your phone, go to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage and select Don't send. This will give u a warning that it will also turn off automatic sending for your Apple Watch. Acknowledge that warning and enjoy the new battery life.

Best of luck to all!

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed a severe drain after updating to WatchOS2, but a co-worker who also updated thought his watch was lasting longer than before. I was getting 8-10 hours per charge. He was getting almost 36!

I figured out the problem. The only thing I did differently was agree to automatically send diagnostics information. Once I turned that off, my watch instantly stopped draining so rapidly.

On your phone, go to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage and select Don't send. This will give u a warning that it will also turn off automatic sending for your Apple Watch. Acknowledge that warning and enjoy the new battery life.

Best of luck to all!

About to try this too and see how it goes. Thanks for the information.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I figured out the problem. The only thing I did differently was agree to automatically send diagnostics information.
My iPhone 6 running the 9.1 public beta 2 is set to send diagnostics and my watch battery life is better now than it ever has been on WatchOS2.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I experienced some strange battery drain this weekend.
I was flying from Atlanta to LA Saturday morning got on the plane with probably 95% battery level. Fell asleep during the flight for a few hours. When I woke up I noticed my battery was down to 13%.
Don't know what I did to cause this. Was using the modular watch face with new complications from the app. App in the air. I'm questioning if I had a full charge when I got on the plane because if never had battery issues. I did a reset just because.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I experienced some strange battery drain this weekend.
I was flying from Atlanta to LA Saturday morning got on the plane with probably 95% battery level. Fell asleep during the flight for a few hours. When I woke up I noticed my battery was down to 13%.
Don't know what I did to cause this. Was using the modular watch face with new complications from the app. App in the air. I'm questioning if I had a full charge when I got on the plane because if never had battery issues. I did a reset just because.

It was the little creature that lives out on the wing. Just ask Bill Shatner...:rotfl:

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting more drain too. Been off charger for about 11 hours now, and normally it would be somewhere between 60%-70% charge, now its below 50%. I'll try turning off the diagnostics. The only thing I've added to the watch since 2.0 is the Dark Sky complication. Its possible that's causing some of the drain, so I'll try turning that off too.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It was the little creature that lives out on the wing. Just ask Bill Shatner...:rotfl:

Lol might have been that Gremlin. Coming home tonight from Oakland,LA,Atlanta my watch battery was great. Not sure what happened before.

cutemoto

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
My battery is draining way to fast on 2.0 on iOS 9.0.1 and I haven't changed the way I use it. I don't know why it's draining so fast

Last edited:

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Umm. I'm running watchOS 2, using Dark Sky complication, and have diagnostics turned on, and get normal 20-25 hours on a charge, or 18 if I include my normal one hour workout. I top off in the late evening, then sleep with the watch on. I'm retired, so no worries about starting the day with a low charge. However, two days ago I woke up with only 8% battery left. Very odd. I'd never had battery issues before. Anyway, I did a two button hard reset, put it on the charger, and let it charge up to 100%. It's been good again since then. In fact, today I put it on the charger with 72% remaining charge after 11 hours in use, including my workout.

We'll see if the battery issue returns, but for now it's great.

Greg Maass

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Dark Sky complication has a battery drain bug. I started using it,and that night my battery was almost gone (it is usually at 50%). I noticed that the Dark Sky complication had the raindrop icon and no data. I removed it and no battery issues since then.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Dark Sky complication has a battery drain bug. I started using it,and that night my battery was almost gone (it is usually at 50%). I noticed that the Dark Sky complication had the raindrop icon and no data. I removed it and no battery issues since then.

Thanks for the input. Did you read about this somewhere? Does App developer know about issue? I've taken your advice and turned complication off for now. The battery drain issue returned last night as I was sleeping.

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Running WatchOS2 for a while now and absolutely no third party app installed, got the battery drain issue 5 days ago, after hard resetting the watch the problem was gone. So what I do now is resetting every night before putting it to charge, I guess that's how we should manage a beta device anyways....👎🏻

macuser82uk

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine is really bad at the moment i'am losing about 60% every day and since my notifications are not working so their is noting coming to the watch it shouldn't be really draining at a high rate really because it pretty much idle doing nothing at all really.

i was on 95% this morning had it on about 9 hours down to 48% already not really great all

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I installed a new weather app a couple of days ago named Wunderground. In addition to a Glance, it has a complication feature. So, I've been trying it as a replacement weather complication on my watch face. However, after a couple of days, I've discovered it appears to have the same battery issue as Dark Sky. With it running today, I found my battery running down 2-3% per hour above the normal 3-4% usage rate. After ~10 1/2 hours of use, my battery was down to 33%. So, I turned the complication off and returned to Apple's weather complication. Now my battery drain is back to its ~2?3% idle rate.

So, there's something amiss with the way the third party weather complications are updating/polling in the background, consuming a lot more power than Apple's default weather app.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Best of luck to all!

God Bless you bro!!!! I did this and my watch's life has improved drastically. This time yesterday I was at 65% right now I am at 93%. Taken off the charger at 7:55am. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2