Native app and Complication issue, how can I get them working?

Seventies1

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Native app and Complication issue

Morning all.

Updated to Watch OS2 last night and have had an issue with both Dark Sky and iTranslate crashing my watch. Both worked well under WOS 1.1. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times. Neither appears to be working as a native app as they are both very slow to attempt to load.

Any thoughts?

Mike

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Native app and Complication issue

I have the same problem with Dark Sky. I've put the complication on my watch face but it refuses to load when pressed.

I get the spinning loading graphic and then it drops back to the watch face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seventies1

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

Think I might have found the answer. On Watch App on iPhone go to notifications and turn off Mirror iPhone alerts from the affected app. Seems to be working ok now.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

I actually just did a hard reset on both phone and watch and it works now

Seventies1

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm still not convinced these apps are working as they should, even after doing the hard reset on phone and watch. They are the only two apps I have which are supposed to work natively on the watch, but they both seem slower than on WOS 1.1

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

I don't believe Dark Sky is a native app. It offers complications, and "Watch OS 2 support". Is that the same as a native app? I find this very confusing in that if an app runs natively on the Apple Watch, it should say that in the app store description, or on the app's web site (nothing there either). Having said that, I'm having no problems with the app and use it as my center complication in the Modular watch face.

Seventies1

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

Dark Sky and iTranslate are both shown as Native apps. They both show up on my Modular face as complications, but the actual apps don't seem to be as quick as I expected. Or maybe I am just missing something!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I have Dark Sky as a complication using the simple watch face showing the temperature. Tapping the temp loads the complete forecast quickly much faster than before wOS 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

I have both Dark Sky and iTranslate installed on my Apple Watch, and both are working normally.

Seventies1

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site

The updates that were pushed out a day or so after WOS 2 seemed to sort the problems I was having out. Now both apps are working fine:cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234