watchOS2 now official

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Tried to update last night without success. It took about 15 minutes to download but then was stuck on verifying after 90 minutes. I rebooted phone and watch and will try again tonight. I'll admit, the battery issues are giving me second thoughts.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Downgraded from 9.1 beta to 9.0, deleted beta profile on  watch, and suddenly watchOS 2 was ready for installation.
Odd... my phone is on 9.1 beta, has a beta profile in my Watch app... I was running the Watch 'gold master' of 2.0... and I did the normal process to check for a Watch OS update and WatchOS2 downloaded and installed fine for me...

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
It is so annoying how Apple insists to tell you how you should use your data plan, just like iPhotos Library or any other update Wifi is required. I don't have Wifi at home once I pay for an unlimited LTE data plan, for the IOS9 I was able to get around this problem using personal hotspot and iTunes, but for the WatchOS 2 I had no option but going to a friend's house and asking to use his Wifi.
Other than that the update went smoothly but haven't been able to test anything yet.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It is so annoying how Apple insists to tell you how you should use your data plan,
If Apple let people use cellular data for things like OS Updates, they'd have a serious PR problem of people whining how Apple blew thru their data plan cap and caused them to owe overages charges to their providers... no matter what Apple does - somebody is honked off...

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Tried to update last night without success. It took about 15 minutes to download but then was stuck on verifying after 90 minutes. I rebooted phone and watch and will try again tonight. I'll admit, the battery issues are giving me second thoughts.

I've had great battery life with watchOS2. no complaints at all. Been off charger since 5:00AM (it's now 7:58PM my time) and still at 54% with over 2 hours use in workout mode.

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the GM, my battery life has taken a COMPLETE nosedive. What the heck happened? I never had a problem with the Betas or the GM as far as battery life. Anyone else experience this?

phildapunk

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
After I updated from GM to public release, my watch was losing 1% battery every 2 - minutes. On the first day, my watch was in low power mode by lunchtime.

I ended up resetting the watch, then re-installing the public OS. Now my battery is amazing. It's 4:40pm and my watch has 72% charge remaining, and that is after a 45 min workout at lunchtime.

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Unpaired and re-paired watch this morning. Over three hours of use and only down 5%. Seems to be back to normal. Whew!

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
First day after installation I felt the battery was draining really fast, only 81% left after 2 hours of use. Un paired the watch and restored backup, today 70% left after 12 hours of use. Going to bed happy today, seems like Watch OS2 improves battery life WHEN IT WORKS PROPERLY.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Must say I'm very pleased with the battery life. Checked yesterday after 15 hours including 120 minutes in various workouts and had 45% left.

Biggs91276

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I'm gonna buy a apple watch that already has watch os2 installed. Will it pair with my 6s plus as is or will I have to factory reset then re-install watch OS 2?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I'm gonna buy a apple watch that already has watch os2 installed. Will it pair with my 6s plus as is or will I have to factory reset then re-install watch OS 2?

Factory reset should still retain the most current OS so you shouldn't have any issues

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2