watchOS2 now official

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Watchos2 now official

Mine was stuck on 5 hours remaining for well over an hour..shut it down and will try again tomorrow.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

I unpaired and repaired within minutes of getting the new watchOS installed. Odd that yours didn't work.

Maybe it's because I have a 5s...

I will get the 6s Friday !

But I was waiting for watchOS 2.0 for months now so I'm pretty 😡👎😫😱😡😡😡

Still no luck...

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Watchos2 now official

Ok I'm back in business :)

Pairing finally worked after I flush all open apps and reboot the 5s !

That just me smiling

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1442876129.599694.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Wow! I'm really late to the party...:)....Anyway, I'm downloading the official release now.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
It's been downloading all night and still says 16 hours to go! Can honestly say I've never had this trouble with an iOS update on the phone - have always installed on the day of release and never had one yet that's taken longer than a couple of hours. Guess I've just been lucky up until now ...

I'll leave it downloading at work and see what happens - getting to the point where I might just call it off and try it again in a couple of days ...

EDIT: Guess I should just learn to be patient - a couple of hours at work and it's done. Will have a fiddle about with it at lunchtime ...

Last edited:

zaapx

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I updated to watchos2 the weather complication stopped working correctly, It does not display the current location weather, only the second choice in my weather app is displayed, anyone having this problem also?

i changed the setting in the watch app but no effect whatsoever

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I updated to watchos2 the weather complication stopped working correctly, It does not display the current location weather, only the second choice in my weather app is displayed, anyone having this problem also?

i changed the setting in the watch app but no effect whatsoever

Temporary delete all your locations except your current one and it will show your current location

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

I've been trying to update, but my iPhone screen has been stuck on 'Verifying' for ages. Any suggestions? Laura

Yeah, mine stuck on Verifying for about 20 min. ... give it time; the servers are slammed. Just read today that 50% of iPhone users that could have upgraded to iOS 9.0 in the last 5 days.

Seems to be happening to a lot of people. ZDNet posted their "Simple Fix":
1. Reboot the iPhone by holding the power and home buttons for 10 seconds and the power off slider appears.

2. Turn the iPhone off, wait a few seconds and then power it back on by holding the power button down.

3. When the phone has fully booted up, go to the Apple Watch which should be on the charger for the update.

4. Reboot the Apple Watch by holding both the Digital Crown and the side button down for 10 seconds. The Apple logo will appear when the watch is restarting.

5. When the watch face appears, enter the four-digit passcode to access the watch.

6. On the iPhone run the Apple Watch app and go to Settings > General > Software Update

7. Start the update process again.