Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Watchos2 now official

Done !

It took about 1h and 20 minutes.

But can't print screen...
Anyone have this problem ?
I use to hit both button in rapid succession and it work.
Now it does not...

Have they change the way to print screen in 2.0 ?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

The GM is/was working so well for me I hesitated to update... but I am so I'm sure not to have the bug they delayed the release for...

GM users should update. The bug had to do with Fairplay and made some third party apps not work.

:)

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Done !

It took about 1h and 20 minutes.

But can't print screen...
Anyone have this problem ?
I use to hit both button in rapid succession and it work.
Now it does not...

Have they change the way to print screen in 2.0 ?

Nope same method for a screen shot.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Also if you are having issues after the update, un-pair and re-pair the watch :)

yankeebhoy

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

Thankfully the issues I was having seem to have ironed themselves out somehow. Hey Siri is still very hit and miss though.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

Also if you are having issues after the update, un-pair and re-pair the watch :)

Well I did un-pair and in the process of re-pair I'm stuck in the validation of my password for 15 minutes now...

I should wait tonight for that cause it seem apple server are loaded...

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

Dropped to 1 day now - annoying as I was probably looking forward to this more than iOS 9 ...

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

Warning:

Whatever you do, Don't un-pair right now cause it's impossible to pair...

Wait a few days...

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

All installed and working. Took about 2 hours in the end. Multi-colour modular watch face is very pleasing to the eye!

Access Excess

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Updated to watchOS 2 a couple of hours ago.

Did Apple stick with the old volume toggle UI for the Music app/glance? I thought it was now a circular thing in the middle of the bottom part of the screen.

Also, am experiencing an issue with the Digital Crown when launching the Music glance. It won't modify the volume unless I first tap on + or - first, like I have to focus the volume widget. Then it works.

Anyone else experience this?

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

I've been trying to update, but my iPhone screen has been stuck on 'Verifying' for ages. Any suggestions?

Laura

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Warning:

Whatever you do, Don't un-pair right now cause it's impossible to pair...

Wait a few days...

I unpaired and repaired within minutes of getting the new watchOS installed. Odd that yours didn't work.

xandermac

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Went perfectly for me. 15 minutes to download, probably 20 to update and reboot, twice! I'm guessing the 2nd reboot was to restore a backup.

ChrisLynham

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

Stabdard phone and watch reboot tried countless times but in the end a force reboot of the watch (crown and button) sorted it.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

I've been trying to update, but my iPhone screen has been stuck on 'Verifying' for ages. Any suggestions?

Laura

Yeah, mine stuck on Verifying for about 20 min.

give it time; the servers are slammed. Just read today that 50% of iPhone users that could have upgraded to iOS 9.0 in the last 5 days.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

My installation went smoothly. It did seem to go slowly on the installation step, where the bezel populates as it proceeds in a circle, but no issues. There was a substantial pause when I was attempting to log into my watch with my passcode, but it eventually worked without further anomalies, so just be patient. The processor and amount of RAM in the watch is not up to the iPhone's specs. Afterwards, I had to uninstall/reinstall a couple of financial apps to get them to work, but they're fine now.

One bonus, I have an Insteon Hub Pro (w/HomeKit) which allows me to control my lights using Siri on my iPhone and iPad over WiFi around the house. With this update, I can now invoke Siri to do this on my Apple Watch, which is very cool. "Hey Siri, turn on my Living Room Fan." Now, if only the remote access over cellular could get fixed!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77