This morning I went for my normal Saturday morning walk in the woods. About 4.5 miles done at a mix of brisk walk and jog.

After about a miles I glanced at the calorie burn and noticed it was lower than I'd expect. I looked at the distance and it reckoned I'd gone a whole 38 feet!

I stopped the app and restarted, walked a little and it said zero feet.

I tried numerous types of workout and the only one that 'worked' was indoor walk.

I got home and wondered if the pedometer was not working but, looking at the activity app it says I've done 9800 steps but only covered 1.1 miles!

Anyone else experienced this?

I'd take it straight to Apple but can't get an appointment for several days
    09-19-2015 05:49 AM
    Try using the "Other Workout"... also can try un-pairing and re-pairing the watch and phone.
    09-19-2015 07:13 AM
    Try using the "Other Workout"... also can try un-pairing and re-pairing the watch and phone.
    Yeah, I tried other but that doesn't really fix the issue. Indoor walk worked in the end but again, that doesn't fix the issue.

I assume these calculations take place on the watch as it can be used for this independantly so not sure that unpairing will help but I'll give it a go.

I'll see if it behaves after the WatchOS release and if still a problem I'll go see the Apple geniuses.
    09-19-2015 09:19 AM
    Did you have the paired phone with you on the run? Because the phone supplies GPS data for distance calculations. Otherwise, you would have to use your step count and stride length to calculate distance. If you run a repetitive route, you can carry the phone a couple of times to get an exact distance, and afterwards, adjust the distance data manually to match the step count.
    09-21-2015 03:55 AM
    Did you have the paired phone with you on the run? Because the phone supplies GPS data for distance calculations. Otherwise, you would have to use your step count and stride length to calculate distance. If you run a repetitive route, you can carry the phone a couple of times to get an exact distance, and afterwards, adjust the distance data manually to match the step count.
    Yes, I always take the phone along.

I did a reset on the iPhone and that seems to have fixed it
    09-21-2015 04:13 AM
    This happened to me today, I did an "Outdoor Walk" for 14 mins, walked a mile down the road, but when I ended the workout my watch thought I had only done 114 feet!

I updated to watchOS 2 yesterday, could this be a bug?

It's really messed up the recording.
    09-22-2015 02:27 PM
    I had this happen to me as well, and restarting the phone fixed it. I'm curious to see if watchOS 2 / iOS 9 resolve this issue.
    09-23-2015 08:47 AM
    Well I was on iOS9 and my first day with watchOS2 when it happened to me yesterday.
    09-23-2015 01:57 PM