convince me to buy it

Coleman Robertson

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I have Android wear and am considering getting a apple watch what is the difference and which one is better I have a iPhone 5s as my current phone BTW

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't really convince you as I can't convince myself. Though I don't like anything on my wrist period, it has nothing to do with the watch.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

dezee38

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I don't think u need anyone here to tell u to purchase the watch. I think u've already made up ur mind. I think u know all there is to know already. You're already an apple user, and if ur like most I know, u've done ur due diligence. If ur asking whether to spend the money, well no one knows ur bank account like u, can't help u here. It's Apple, so u know the quality. I have the watch, I love it, it's my 1st wearable. It's been a nice way to kick off the next tech genre for myself. Simply put, to quote my favorite sports apparel.......just do it.

MikezDroid

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I have Android wear and am considering getting a apple watch what is the difference and which one is better I have a iPhone 5s as my current phone BTW

Posted via the iMore App for Android
Buy it after tomorrow (update day) and if you don't like it return it within 14 days.

Sent from my SM-G928G using Tapatalk

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Coleman,
I suggest you follow the posts on this site and others regarding the Apple Watch in the coming weeks. What we (early adopters) have had thus far has, in my opinion, been watch0.9, and we are about to get the real 1.0, even though they insist its 2.0.

We are about to see a big change, because Native Apps will, for the first time, be allowed to run on the watch. I suggest this will be like comparing iPhone 1 to iPhone 3G; a world of difference in performance. So we're really in the early innings in this ballgame. In time, you will reach your own informed conclusion.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I can't really convince you as I can't convince myself. Though I don't like anything on my wrist period, it has nothing to do with the watch.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

I'm the same way not liking things on my wrist especially when playing Bass but the
 Watch Sport is so light there are times I think I have it on but I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't want anyone to convince me to buy, but I am on the fence about purchasing one. A little background about me: I've had every phone since the iPhone 4 and every iPad. In fact, the first generation iPad made me want to purchase the iPhone. I had the first iPod touch almost as soon as they were released. My experience at being an early adopter is ok. I was not convinced the watch was for me because I do not like small screens or faces in this case. What is making me think about it is the fact that I have given away all my previous iPhones and iPads to my parents or my significant other. Now equipment is being retuned to me meaning I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 5s that have made their way back to me as my folks and SO are current with the latest iDevice.
I am going to trade both in, and with the new found windfall, I was thinking it would be a great opportunity to try out the Watch with minimal investment.
I was reading some of the questions about pairing with a new phone. I currently have the 6 Plus with the 6s Plus due to arrive on the 25th. Should I wait until I have my new phone and pair with that one instead of pairing with my current phone that will be using only for 10 more days? I know I am the only one who can decide, but what good are these forums for if you can't ask people to share thoughts and experiences?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't want anyone to convince me to buy, but I am on the fence about purchasing one. A little background about me: I've had every phone since the iPhone 4 and every iPad. In fact, the first generation iPad made me want to purchase the iPhone. I had the first iPod touch almost as soon as they were released. My experience at being an early adopter is ok. I was not convinced the watch was for me because I do not like small screens or faces in this case. What is making me think about it is the fact that I have given away all my previous iPhones and iPads to my parents or my significant other. Now equipment is being retuned to me meaning I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 5s that have made their way back to me as my folks and SO are current with the latest iDevice.
I am going to trade both in, and with the new found windfall, I was thinking it would be a great opportunity to try out the Watch with minimal investment.
I was reading some of the questions about pairing with a new phone. I currently have the 6 Plus with the 6s Plus due to arrive on the 25th. Should I wait until I have my new phone and pair with that one instead of pairing with my current phone that will be using only for 10 more days? I know I am the only one who can decide, but what good are these forums for if you can't ask people to share thoughts and experiences?

The Watch will be tied to your account, not the device so if you're going to have the Watch before you get your iPhone 6S Plus, go ahead and pair it with your iPhone 6 Plus. Besides, if you create a backup afterwards, you'll have the option to restore the Watch backup when you pair it with the new iPhone later on.

btebeau

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I can't convince you to buy one, no one should. Only YOU can decide if it is worth having or not. I can say that it has been a valuable addition to my life. It has helped me to lose weight by getting me to exercise more. It has kept me in touch with calls, texts and other info I would have missed before. It has also let me know at a glance what calls, texts and other info I can ignore until it is more convenient.
Guiding me with taps to a destination has proved to be valuable, quick responses to others have been great, but, to be honest, I have not found that many 3rd party apps that I feel I have to have, but I think that will change tomorrow when native apps are possible.
For me, it has been great and I am glad I bought it. Only you can decide if it might be a worthwhile investment for you, and if so, try it.

Last edited:

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Coleman,
I suggest you follow the posts on this site and others regarding the Apple Watch in the coming weeks. What we (early adopters) have had thus far has, in my opinion, been watch0.9, and we are about to get the real 1.0, even though they insist its 2.0.

We are about to see a big change, because Native Apps will, for the first time, be allowed to run on the watch. I suggest this will be like comparing iPhone 1 to iPhone 3G; a world of difference in performance. So we're really in the early innings in this ballgame. In time, you will reach your own informed conclusion.

What he said! I think the ability to run apps natively is going to be a huge step forward. I think the future is bright for the watch

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd never try to convince a stranger of anything. Think for yourself if you're an adult. If you're a minor ask your parents' permission.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
My local Best Buy started carrying them.
Between reward zone and AMEX points I got the 42MM Milano SS for less than the sport!
TBH I was just gonna flip it but then the urge took the better of me and I cracked open the box and paired it up with my 5S.
Well I'm keeping it.

Lucylouboo

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I love my Apple ceramic Watch...it tells me turn right/left in maps in areas I'm not familiar with. When shopping I don't have to take my phone out my purse to see if it's something important. Sitting outside I don't need my phone as long as I'm still within reach. And I'm losing weight! There's a lot I need to learn how to use but here I get lots of advice. Wish I hadn't waited so long to get it!!!! ??????

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox