I had to reset and reload it. I'm surprised but not completely shocked; it is after all a little computer on my wrist. It works fine again and it reloaded just the way I had it set up, just only slightly unnerving. I have to admit it was convenient to be able to get it done with just the watch and phone, but I'm hopeful that this doesn't start to happen regularly. I do have Apple Care but I'd rather not have to use it.

Anyone else out there who has had to reset and reload? If so, how often, and what wonky stuff was it doing? Mine was just going black every time I touched it and wouldn't load anything (of course, this happened right when a guy from work asked "So, how do you like your Apple Watch?") 😝
    08-31-2015 11:14 PM
    I've had my watch close to a month and had to restore it two weeks ago. The haptic feedback wasn't working. Been fine ever since.
    All of these devices have to be restored from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Microcosmos likes this.
    08-31-2015 11:36 PM
    More than likely some watchOS or app bug bit you, rather than the hardware. I haven't had to do a restore, but I have had to do a two button reset a couple of times over the past four months when it started behaving abnormally. If the issue returns, I'd uninstall third party apps to see if it stabilizes, then start adding them back one by one until the issue returns.
    Microcosmos likes this.
    09-01-2015 02:25 AM
    I've had my watch close to a month and had to restore it two weeks ago. The haptic feedback wasn't working. Been fine ever since.
    All of these devices have to be restored from time to time.
    True, and I knew that...still kind of took me by surprise!! (And at a very awkward moment!! He's still getting an Apple Watch anyway, BTW)
    09-03-2015 10:20 PM
    More than likely some watchOS or app bug bit you, rather than the hardware. I haven't had to do a restore, but I have had to do a two button reset a couple of times over the past four months when it started behaving abnormally. If the issue returns, I'd uninstall third party apps to see if it stabilizes, then start adding them back one by one until the issue returns.
    Thanks Dave, I completely forgot about the two button reset. That may have been enough to fix the temporary wonkiness! I'll try that if it happens again.
    09-03-2015 10:21 PM
    I had to do it once in the last two months

Happened when I tried to set up a new app in glances
    Microcosmos likes this.
    09-04-2015 09:11 AM
    I had same problem just after first update, did the two button reset, no problems since and I have had my watch since early May, everything working as it should.
    Microcosmos likes this.
    09-04-2015 09:31 AM