Suddenly my Apple Watch begun to drain the entire battery in less than a day. Under normal usage at night, the lasting battery was always around 40%, but for no reason the watch started to drain the entire battery before 10 hours of usage. I unpaired and restore the watch backup but the problem persisted, the solution was to unpair and NOT restoring the watch backup, so a new installation solved the problem. I don't have any third party app installed on the watch, so I assume it is a Watch OS bug. Reported the bug on Apple's website and hopefully a fix will be available someday. I just wished I could troubleshoot the problem and figure out what is causing it.
    08-25-2015 11:46 AM
    I had a similar issue and un-pairing and re-pairing the watch and my phone worked...
    08-25-2015 12:03 PM
    I had a similar issue and un-pairing and re-pairing the watch and my phone worked...
    Same here
    08-25-2015 06:25 PM
    Suddenly my Apple Watch begun to drain the entire battery in less than a day. Under normal usage at night, the lasting battery was always around 40%, but for no reason the watch started to drain the entire battery before 10 hours of usage. I unpaired and restore the watch backup but the problem persisted, the solution was to unpair and NOT restoring the watch backup, so a new installation solved the problem. I don't have any third party app installed on the watch, so I assume it is a Watch OS bug. Reported the bug on Apple's website and hopefully a fix will be available someday. I just wished I could troubleshoot the problem and figure out what is causing it.
    Are you running the latest 'standard' OS's or are you on any beta versions? Just curious as I'm still all 'standard' here and have no issues.
    08-25-2015 07:54 PM
    No beta for me, running the latest standard versions of Watch OS and IOS.... It is clearly a software bug once I'm able to reproduce the problem simply by restoring my previous backup when the problem happens.
    08-26-2015 01:11 AM
    My Watch has an issue with not allowing me to answer calls on it - used to work fine, but now seems to have stopped - so an unpairing is probably on the cards for me as well.

If I unpair and then immediately re-pair, will I lose the Activity app and all the historical Activity data on my iPhone?
    08-27-2015 09:10 AM
    Better thing is to unpair and set it as a new watch, restoring the backup might bring the problem back to the watch. You will not loose the activities on you phone, but will loose the activity for that day, so if you don't wanna loose a single calorie count just unpair it at the beginning of the day before wearing it on the morning.
    Adnams likes this.
    08-27-2015 09:39 AM
    Thanks Luiz - sounds like a job for early Saturday morning then!
    08-28-2015 02:31 AM
    Well, yesterday my battery drained after 12h only.... I switched off and on again and today after 15h of usage (actually today I went to the gym twice, so a more intense usage) I'm going to bed with 40% battery left. I'm pretty disappointed with what is going on, just can't rely on the watch for a full day usage since the problem seams to happen randomly.👎🏻
    09-01-2015 05:14 PM
    Well, yesterday my battery drained after 12h only.... I switched off and on again and today after 15h of usage (actually today I went to the gym twice, so a more intense usage) I'm going to bed with 40% battery left. I'm pretty disappointed with what is going on, just can't rely on the watch for a full day usage since the problem seams to happen randomly.🏻
    So after a full day's use, you're going to bed with 40% battery left and you're disappointed? Am I missing something?
    09-01-2015 07:25 PM
    I agree. 40% battery remaining at bedtime is good; on mine I have about 35% on average at the end of day.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-01-2015 07:47 PM
    That's the thing, normally at the end of the day I've got 40% left, even working out twice, but for some reason something happens to the watch and the battery drains in 12 hours, can't find explanation for the random battery drainage. Not complaining when it lasts 40%, I'm complaining about the randomly drainage.
    09-02-2015 12:53 AM