Battery not lasting an entire day anymore (FIXED)

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Suddenly my Apple Watch begun to drain the entire battery in less than a day. Under normal usage at night, the lasting battery was always around 40%, but for no reason the watch started to drain the entire battery before 10 hours of usage. I unpaired and restore the watch backup but the problem persisted, the solution was to unpair and NOT restoring the watch backup, so a new installation solved the problem. I don't have any third party app installed on the watch, so I assume it is a Watch OS bug. Reported the bug on Apple's website and hopefully a fix will be available someday. I just wished I could troubleshoot the problem and figure out what is causing it.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Suddenly my Apple Watch begun to drain the entire battery in less than a day. Under normal usage at night, the lasting battery was always around 40%, but for no reason the watch started to drain the entire battery before 10 hours of usage. I unpaired and restore the watch backup but the problem persisted, the solution was to unpair and NOT restoring the watch backup, so a new installation solved the problem. I don't have any third party app installed on the watch, so I assume it is a Watch OS bug. Reported the bug on Apple's website and hopefully a fix will be available someday. I just wished I could troubleshoot the problem and figure out what is causing it.

Are you running the latest 'standard' OS's or are you on any beta versions? Just curious as I'm still all 'standard' here and have no issues.

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
No beta for me, running the latest standard versions of Watch OS and IOS.... It is clearly a software bug once I'm able to reproduce the problem simply by restoring my previous backup when the problem happens.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
My Watch has an issue with not allowing me to answer calls on it - used to work fine, but now seems to have stopped - so an unpairing is probably on the cards for me as well.

If I unpair and then immediately re-pair, will I lose the Activity app and all the historical Activity data on my iPhone?

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Better thing is to unpair and set it as a new watch, restoring the backup might bring the problem back to the watch. You will not loose the activities on you phone, but will loose the activity for that day, so if you don't wanna loose a single calorie count just unpair it at the beginning of the day before wearing it on the morning.

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Well, yesterday my battery drained after 12h only.... I switched off and on again and today after 15h of usage (actually today I went to the gym twice, so a more intense usage) I'm going to bed with 40% battery left. I'm pretty disappointed with what is going on, just can't rely on the watch for a full day usage since the problem seams to happen randomly.👎🏻

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, yesterday my battery drained after 12h only.... I switched off and on again and today after 15h of usage (actually today I went to the gym twice, so a more intense usage) I'm going to bed with 40% battery left. I'm pretty disappointed with what is going on, just can't rely on the watch for a full day usage since the problem seams to happen randomly.🏻

So after a full day's use, you're going to bed with 40% battery left and you're disappointed? Am I missing something?

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site
That's the thing, normally at the end of the day I've got 40% left, even working out twice, but for some reason something happens to the watch and the battery drains in 12 hours, can't find explanation for the random battery drainage. Not complaining when it lasts 40%, I'm complaining about the randomly drainage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711