Email Delay to the Watch

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been noticing over the past couple of weeks that sometimes the delay from my phone getting the email to being delivered to the watch can be up to about 5 minutes.

Is anyone else experiencing the same type of issue?

I currently have my work emails (exchange) and two personal POP accounts added and they are all acting the same with the delay to the watch.

I've restarted both the phone and watch, issue is still there.

Any ideas?

Dave

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, this is what I experience as well. At first I did all kinds of things to remedy the delay; re-paired my watch multiple times, disabling WiFi calling on the phone (T-Mo user here), and actually deleteing ny Gmail App and reinstalling. Nothing seemed to work.

We may see some improvements when watchOS2 is released this fall.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although I have 4 email accounts configured on my iPhone, I have configured my Watch to only alert me for my 2 main accounts, and thus far, those alerts have been received in a timely manner.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Although I have 4 email accounts configured on my iPhone, I have configured my Watch to only alert me from for my 2 main accounts, and thus far, those alerts have been received in a timely manner.

I am with D... I only get alerts for VIP's but I get them right away.

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for replies, even my VIPs are slow on the watch. Unfortunately I can't just have VIPs on my watch I need to see all the emails... Hopefully the next os update does something.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have just VIP configured also seems like they are coming in on a timely manner. If I configure for All inboxes it would be a notification nightmare. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for replies, even my VIPs are slow on the watch. Unfortunately I can't just have VIPs on my watch I need to see all the emails... Hopefully the next os update does something.

Unpair your Watch, and then pair it again to your iPhone and see if that helps.