So far no issues or damage and my lifestyle is pretty crazy
    nmburns likes this.
    08-12-2015 09:10 AM
    Apple lists the back material as "composite" (whatever that means) on the Sport model, and "ceramic" on the other two models.
    I stopped into an Apple store to try the two diff sizes on and the guy said the back of the Sport watch is plastic... I think I'm going to go with the Sport though because it's so much lighter. I have a very small wrist/arm and the SS was just too heavy for me. I know it sounds silly, but for me, it was too much. I am going to get the Sport 38mm version with the black band - I can't wait!!!
    08-12-2015 05:18 PM
    Short answer: No problems yet, and not for a lack of trying.

Longer answer: I have always been a strong advocate of using a screen protector on my iPhones. It seems that whenever I don't, I get a ding, scratch or worse within a week. I pre-ordered my Apple Watch Sport, and was really worried about how well the screen would hold up. Honestly, I had worried that I should have chosen an edition with a sapphire crystal rather than the sport watch with gorilla glass.

Once I got my watch (on day one) I purchased a screen protector from Amazon, but it was a big waste of money. The curved nature of the glass made it impossible to stick it on reliably. After a few days of trying, I gave up and decided to let it get scratched up if it was going to get scratched up.

Months later, having dropped it, having banged my wrist against many a hard object, having had the watch fly off of my wrist because I had not fastened the buckle correctly, I haven't got a single scratch or ding, on the glass or on the metal. I could sell it as new.
    nmburns, tsparks1 and maurinho217 like this.
    08-13-2015 03:59 PM
    Short answer: No problems yet, and not for a lack of trying.

Longer answer: I have always been a strong advocate of using a screen protector on my iPhones. It seems that whenever I don't, I get a ding, scratch or worse within a week. I pre-ordered my Apple Watch Sport, and was really worried about how well the screen would hold up. Honestly, I had worried that I should have chosen an edition with a sapphire crystal rather than the sport watch with gorilla glass.

Once I got my watch (on day one) I purchased a screen protector from Amazon, but it was a big waste of money. The curved nature of the glass made it impossible to stick it on reliably. After a few days of trying, I gave up and decided to let it get scratched up if it was going to get scratched up.

Months later, having dropped it, having banged my wrist against many a hard object, having had the watch fly off of my wrist because I had not fastened the buckle correctly, I haven't got a single scratch or ding, on the glass or on the metal. I could sell it as new.
    Same here, I'm 6'5" of clumsy and not a mark or a scratch anywhere on my sport edition.
    nmburns likes this.
    08-17-2015 07:51 PM
    Same here, I'm 6'5" of clumsy and not a mark or a scratch anywhere on my sport edition.
    Great to hear, thank you! I finally ordered mine and it will arrive on Thursday!!
    08-18-2015 11:15 AM
    Stainless Steel watch - still looks new after almost 3 months.
    nmburns likes this.
    08-18-2015 11:28 AM
    Apple lists the back material as "composite" (whatever that means) on the Sport model, and "ceramic" on the other two models.
    I guess "the best of my knowledge" was a bit lacking... DOH!
    nmburns likes this.
    08-20-2015 10:22 AM
    Which screen protector do you use?
    I have the Spegin Steinheil Flex. It's not bad but it's not great either. It's been durable but it was a pain to put on and it is noticeable. bamf-hacker had another brand on his watch that he really liked and recommended. I'd look into that if I were you.
    nmburns likes this.
    08-20-2015 10:41 AM
    I got a 42mm sport on launch day, after 2 weeks I had a deep scratch on the glass from an unknown source. I sold my watch and got a steel one instead. Touch wood, it's fine since then. Mine might be an isolated case, I really don't know what caused it and I was not doing anything hardcore with it on.
    08-20-2015 06:41 PM
    I have the Spegin Steinheil Flex. It's not bad but it's not great either. It's been durable but it was a pain to put on and it is noticeable. bamf-hacker had another brand on his watch that he really liked and recommended. I'd look into that if I were you.
    Skinomi Tech Skins

http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi%C2%AE-...mUvbUpU2577635

However, I am no longer using any kind of screen protector on either of my watches.
    08-21-2015 02:31 PM
35 12