Post your favourite Watch Apps in pictures!

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Was thinking this might be a tad more appealing than the default 'what apps do you use on your watch' thread. I like and need visuals to get curious and think that with apple watch more than ever the success of an app is determined by its design. There's so many apps I've tried already which sounded promising but pretty much looked dreadful or were really cumbersome and slow to operate... so this thread is designed to show off the ones you think are exemplary in implementation and/or use. For the sake of variety I would suggest we exclude stock apps and make it all about what's available on the App Store.
Just snap a pic of your favourite app(s) on your wrist and tell us about it.

I couldn't decide on just one so I quickly rigged up this beautiful collage of my personal favourites. Those are the apps that I would really miss if I took off my watch for longer.

IMG_1780.JPG

Clockwise:
1) Pulse VIC: Local public transport monitoring and time table app. Nothing an iPhone can't do, but the way it's designed is just right on. If I need to know when the next tram is leaving, it's one tap away and on my wrist
2) App in the Air. Love it on iPhone and watch. In my opinion an absolute must for travellers. Tells you gates, check-in and boarding times, flight duration on the plane etc. Great implementation.
3) CommBank: again a local bank in Melbourne. Gives you the cardless cash option. Three taps and I have a code on my wrist which allows me to withdraw money from ATMs. Wallet can stay at home.
4) Daily Water: literally all this thing does is tap me on the wrist and remind me to have water 5 times a day. It's stupid simple but exactly what I need.

your turn, everyone :rotfl:

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, there are not many good third-party apps for that watch, currently. :concern:

hehe I guess that's what I was trying to disprove with this thread. I for one feel like some of the stuff does add value to my watch (the ones above in particular). :p

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Here, Stevie, just cause you made it. :p

IMG_2805_zps06fc436e.jpg

P.S. I tried to include Twitter but it wouldn't load even after a reset and I didn't feel like uninstalling.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I think this thread can be answered more fully once we all have watchOS2 installed, along with the attendant native apps that will most certainly be introduced in the fall. In the interim, while there are a few usable apps, for the most part we are just marking time.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The native apps :) because those are the fast ones :)

but if I have to pick, Authy since I use that everyday to authenticate to my accounts. No picture though, use your imagination :)

gmabev

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20150811_182431.jpg
iMoreAppImg_20150811_182447.jpg
iMoreAppImg_20150811_182455.jpg
Fandango-my movie tickets are ready to go.
Take Me There-can enter and save multiple locations and pull up when needed to get directions.
Up Next-to do check list. Can add from items directly to watch.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW