What do you do on your  Watch that is different (and cool)?

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
So yes, fitness, clock, news, calls, messages...blah blah

But what do you do that is different than the usual mumbo jumbo?

Is there a really cool app that stands out?

I think the tide will turn in OS 2.0 (like going from web apps to regular apps on iOS 1.0->2.0. But in the meantime...what can I do fun on it?!?!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't do anything that I consider different and cool with my Watch. I do what you call the usual mumbo jumbo, but that's exactly what I want to use it for. Alerts, notifications, quick replies, notes taking, weather checks, Pay, fitness stuff, and of course, keep track of the time. I don't need my Watch to do anything else.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll let ya know on Monday. I just pulled the trigger on a SG Sport Black Band.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't do anything different with my apple watch, the same thing I do on my iPhone. Check time, weather, messages, notifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Time, Weather, Stocks, Messages, Notifications, Calls, Activity Monitoring. Nothing out of the ordinary or anything "cool" (even though all those things are cool to me) :)

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm too cool for an Apple Watch.

I changed jobs and I don't get constant calls and text all day long anymore. (Thank God).

I'll evaluate the situation again if and when anything changes.

�� <<--- That's supposed to be the Spock emoji.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I talk to Siri. At work I just raise my arm and tell Siri to set a timer for 90 minutes and stuff like that. I never thought I'd talk to my phone but this is super convenient at work with gloves on or dirty fingers. It was also nice for navigating through London.

Other than that I use it for workouts at the gym.

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
GPS was the surprise for me. I do all of the normal stuff...but after a long road trip recently I became sold on the turn by turn. Using the stock Apple Maps app, It gave me taps and alerts when I needed to make turns. I went nearly 400 miles without having to check my phone or bug my wife to keep an eye on it. Perfect!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I talk to Siri.

Siri and voice dictation are the big unexpected things for me. I almost never use Siri on my iPhone, but I use it a lot on my watch - open apps, set a timer, answer text messages (technically that's not Siri, but you get the point). I'm a VERY slow one finger texter, so voice dictation for answering texts is wonderful.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
It's not cool by my standards but I put my Dunkin Donuts gift card into Passbook. I can then bring up the QR code to pay (Dunkin doesn't take Apple Pay yet). I love the look on the cashier's face since most of them have never seen this yet.

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The usual texts, add to my water app to know how much water I drink each day, add reminders, turn by turn directions, weather, step/fitness tracker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro