Thoughts from a former Android guy...

bbhybridchris

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have used every iPhone since the 4 up to the 6. I would usually have them for a little while then trade out or sell for an Android. The latest update to Play Services really started sucking the battery on my Nexus 6. I traded a guy for an LG G4 and had the same problem google play services was the number one user of the battery at 23% or greater. I have a MacBook and iMac so having used continuity and handoff on my iPhone 6 earlier this year I decided to trade the G4 for a 64gb iPhone 6. I am still able to use all of my google services email, Google search app, Google translate. So I was missing nothing really. The first day with the phone and I had plenty of battery left and felt back in a good place. It also helped that I am running the iOS 9 beta and it's really for me a lot better than 7 or 8. After about 3 days I was really missing one thing.....I have had an Android wear watch since they first came out in fact I own 3 of them. I manage a dairy farm and the watch even for just simple notifications for me is almost invaluable. There are times when I'm extremely busy, only have one hand available, or am in a meeting that doesn't allow me to constantly pull out the phone for vibrating notifications. I made the plunge to buy and Apple Watch even though it cost basically twice as much as any of my Android Wear watches. I've been using it the past 3 days and all I can say is WOW! It does exactly what I want...and more. The fact that I can answer and make calls when I simply don't have access to my phone is incredible. I don't use a watch for apps....they are neat to play with but the ones I do use such as the workout app for a run or walk with the Greyhounds does what it's supposed to. I'm not checking my feed on Twitter or Instagram. I have Wunderground installed for the great looking glance that I do use. Most importantly the watch pushes my notifications to me...instead of the phone being stuck on my holster and vibrating and me not knowing who or what the notification was I now know quickly in a wrist turn and a glance. If it's important I can act on it from the watch or get my phone out at the point. Any ways that got kind of long winded but just the thoughts of a dairy farmer and how the Apple Watch has changed my life for the better!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You have stated pretty much everything I love about the Apple ecosystem. I'm a little worried about my Apple Watch though, it's running watchOS beta 4, and my iPhone is running iOS 9 beta 4, and my watch decided to not want to use Bluetooth anymore. I might have to take it an Apple Store. I'm not mad about it though, it's a risk I knew when running beta software. It is invaluable when running though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have used every iPhone since the 4 up to the 6. I would usually have them for a little while then trade out or sell for an Android. The latest update to Play Services really started sucking the battery on my Nexus 6. I traded a guy for an LG G4 and had the same problem google play services was the number one user of the battery at 23% or greater. I have a MacBook and iMac so having used continuity and handoff on my iPhone 6 earlier this year I decided to trade the G4 for a 64gb iPhone 6. I am still able to use all of my google services email, Google search app, Google translate. So I was missing nothing really. The first day with the phone and I had plenty of battery left and felt back in a good place. It also helped that I am running the iOS 9 beta and it's really for me a lot better than 7 or 8. After about 3 days I was really missing one thing.....I have had an Android wear watch since they first came out in fact I own 3 of them. I manage a dairy farm and the watch even for just simple notifications for me is almost invaluable. There are times when I'm extremely busy, only have one hand available, or am in a meeting that doesn't allow me to constantly pull out the phone for vibrating notifications. I made the plunge to buy and Apple Watch even though it cost basically twice as much as any of my Android Wear watches. I've been using it the past 3 days and all I can say is WOW! It does exactly what I want...and more. The fact that I can answer and make calls when I simply don't have access to my phone is incredible. I don't use a watch for apps....they are neat to play with but the ones I do use such as the workout app for a run or walk with the Greyhounds does what it's supposed to. I'm not checking my feed on Twitter or Instagram. I have Wunderground installed for the great looking glance that I do use. Most importantly the watch pushes my notifications to me...instead of the phone being stuck on my holster and vibrating and me not knowing who or what the notification was I now know quickly in a wrist turn and a glance. If it's important I can act on it from the watch or get my phone out at the point. Any ways that got kind of long winded but just the thoughts of a dairy farmer and how the Apple Watch has changed my life for the better!

Your story is interesting. I too came from Android. I was using the Nexus 6 before I moved over to Apple about 3 months ago. Before Android, I was with Apple and had the iPhone 5. I was an early adopter with the Samsung Galaxy Gear series and bought each version of that to include the Gear S. I also dabbled with Android Wear (Moto 360, Asus Zenwatch and LG Urbane) before switching as well.

The Apple watch was what compelled me to make the move. I was amazed at the support they offered my wife to get her setup and I was also amazed when I tried the Apple Watch on.

bbhybridchris

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Your story is interesting. I too came from Android. I was using the Nexus 6 before I moved over to Apple about 3 months ago. Before Android, I was with Apple and had the iPhone 5. I was an early adopter with the Samsung Galaxy Gear series and bought each version of that to include the Gear S. I also dabbled with Android Wear (Moto 360, Asus Zenwatch and LG Urbane) before switching as well.

The Apple watch was what compelled me to make the move. I was amazed at the support they offered my wife to get her setup and I was also amazed when I tried the Apple Watch on.

Yeah it definitely has that premium feel. Like its a completed device

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2