Watch OS 2 beta 5 available to developers

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So they do get the messages, but each color comes as a separate digital touch.

I sent a three color smiley and my buddy got a full smiley with white, then a full smiley with blue then a third with red

:)

Oh okay. Thanks for finding out for us...

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
A wrinkle... in a few minutes... as in less than half an hour - my watch went from around 45% battery to alerting me it was at 10% and should low power mode be enabled... I hope it's a random act of weirdness...

Did you change any complications or a face today?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I finally took the plunge and installed beta 5 to my watch. Took it off the charger at 6am and by 2pm was completely dead! Wasn't even wearing the stupid thing.

The Lannisters send their regards.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys and gals for being the Guinea pigs. After reading this thread, I'm glad I've stayed put on 1.0.1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I finally took the plunge and installed beta 5 to my watch. Took it off the charger at 6am and by 2pm was completely dead! Wasn't even wearing the stupid thing.

This bothers me because I can't imagine doing anything differently than you did during installation, and yet, my battery life is pretty much the same as it was with WatchOS 1 and 1.01 -- Excellent. My Watch has been off the charger for just under 10 hours today and my battery is hovering around the 75% mark. Have you un-paired and then paired it again to see if things improve for you?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This bothers me because I can't imagine doing anything differently than you did during installation, and yet, my battery life is pretty much the same as it was with WatchOS 1 and 1.01 -- Excellent. My Watch has been off the charger for just under 10 hours today and my battery is hovering around the 75% mark. Have you un-paired and then paired it again to see if things improve for you?

Not yet it's charging right now. Perhaps I'll try that later but that's a pain considering each time I do I have to call my bank to add my debit card to Pay.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not yet it's charging right now. Perhaps I'll try that later but that's a pain considering each time I do I have to call my bank to add my debit card to Pay.

You shouldn't. The last time few times I reset my Watch, all I had to do was receive a verification code from Apple.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't. The last time few times I reset my Watch, all I had to do was receive a verification code from Apple.

Not with my bank Golden1 I have to call each time yet with my Chase card I can get a code via text. It's annoying LOL.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Was just playing some music in my car and my now playing glance wasn't showing anything playing.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok did the unpair and repair 'D and that fixed my now playing glance now to see how battery fares.

Last edited by a moderator:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Your battery thing may be a fluke like mine noted above... I'm at 45% 14+ hours off the charger today.

I second the fluke thing. I took my watch off the charger this morning at 9:30am, did an hour bike ride and now at 10:45pm I am at 66%

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Beta 5 has had by far the best battery out of all the watch OS including 1/1.0.1.

I put mine on charge last night at 21.30 until 22.15. Fully charged. It is now 18.15 and still have 52% left. I have been camping so had restricted access to charge points but had no problems the whole weekend !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Your battery thing may be a fluke like mine noted above... I'm at 45% 14+ hours off the charger today.

I had the battery issue went from 45 percent to shutting down in around 4 hours or less it def had something to do location and weather. I unpaired and repaired and it seemed to solve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital-Tony

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Is anybody on Watch beta 5 having trouble deleting mail through GMail? On the watch I can only archive, not delete, even though settings mirror iPhone where it deletes correctly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR