Watch OS 2 beta 5 available to developers

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This is weird... woke up the watch and saw this:

IMG_0793.jpg

My 5 6 and 7 disappeared! Got 'em back by switching to a different face and back again... weird...

PS: when you take watch screen shots they show up in Photos on your phone in the screenshots album... :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is weird... woke up the watch and saw this:

View attachment 87173

My 5 6 and 7 disappeared! Got 'em back by switching to a different face and back again... weird...

PS: when you take watch screen shots they show up in Photos on your phone in the screenshots album... :)

I've yet to see anything like that happen on my Watch, but thankfully, the glitch was easily fixed for you...:)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has gone back to what it was before installing this beta... and the missing numbers issue hasn't happened since... :)

Edit to add I just noticed this... on the watch home screen - the clock icon shows the actual time...

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
OK so since I took the plunge with iOS9 on my primary device I am going to unpair my SS Watch and Pair my phone with my Sport Watch that has watchOS2 on it.

I guess if it is bad I could go back to the SS watch with 1.0.1

Or I guess I should ask... Can I restore a backup of 1.0.1 to 2.0 and vise versa?

Worst case I guess setting it up as new wont kill me :)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
OK so since I took the plunge with iOS9 on my primary device I am going to unpair my SS Watch and Pair my phone with my Sport Watch that has watchOS2 on it.

I guess if it is bad I could go back to the SS watch with 1.0.1

Or I guess I should ask... Can I restore a backup of 1.0.1 to 2.0 and vise versa?

Worst case I guess setting it up as new wont kill me :)

No restore unfortunately. All because all Watch updates happen via iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't mean a restore, per se, but when you setup up the Watch it asks if you want to pull from the backups stored on the phone or setup as new.

smajka73

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I also had the lower numbers disappear on the utility face. Problem solved the same way - by switching faces and going back.

Also having an issue with the watch not turning back on. It's happened randomly with 1.01 and with the Beta 4 of 2.0. Finally, it happened just now when I was trying to unpair/pair with my iPhone again. It is not a drained battery because it's happened while it was 70% charged. Anyone having this issue?

By the way, I am able to solve the problem by placing it back on my charger and waiting a minute or two.

smajka73

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I have tried all the betas and this BETA 5 has been better on battery life than 1.0.1.
To explain my usage, its fairly high. Mostly used for workout sesh in the morning (about an hour). Then just messages and phone calls for notifications.
Took it off the charger at 7:00am, currently at 1:30pm im at 69%. Thats 31%/6.5 hours. 4.76% an hour. Not bad for including the workouts. After my workout i was at 88% at 8:30am (time i finished the workout), so its more like 31%-12%= 19%/5 hours = 3.8% an hour.

Reminder, having auto install apps will kill battery, especially if you have auto update apps on your phone! Its silent and you dont even know its happening.

Thank you! My battery life has been dropping at an alarming rate, so I hope this works. I also read the Weather app with location services is a battery killer, too.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Also having an issue with the watch not turning back on. It's happened randomly with 1.01 and with the Beta 4 of 2.0.
That might be an issue to take to an Apple GeniusBar... my battery issues that I initially observed on the beta have disappeared - I'm back to the same battery life I had on WatchOS 1.0.1 after un-pairing and re-pairing my watch and iPhone.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Really bad battery today on watch. The only difference is I used simple watch face with only calendar. Anyone hear of this face hurting battery? I know in b4 some had crashes with it. Curious.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! My battery life has been dropping at an alarming rate, so I hope this works. I also read the Weather app with location services is a battery killer, too.

My Watch has been off the charger for 10.5 hours and my battery level is currently at 73%. I'm running WatchOS 2 Beta 5, by the way...:)

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
16 hours off the charger yesterday with about an hour workout tracked and at bed time my watch was at 54%

watchOS2b5 is fine on battery :)

Of course I just got my first crash though while trying to look at a mail message

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
A wrinkle... in a few minutes... as in less than half an hour - my watch went from around 45% battery to alerting me it was at 10% and should low power mode be enabled... I hope it's a random act of weirdness...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A wrinkle... in a few minutes... as in less than half an hour - my watch went from around 45% battery to alerting me it was at 10% and should low power mode be enabled... I hope it's a random act of weirdness...

More than likely, it is...:)

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Do any of you know, will a multi color digital touch message from a watchOS2 device show up on a watchOS1.0.1 device?

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So they do get the messages, but each color comes as a separate digital touch.

I sent a three color smiley and my buddy got a full smiley with white, then a full smiley with blue then a third with red

:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen