Watch OS 2 beta 5 available to developers

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The look of the OS isn't changed too much. Some tweaks by adding color to the fitness complication etc.

I haven't experienced any glitches, black screen or anything in fact that would stop me from recommending you to upgrade to os2 but everyone's experience seems to be different.

The new time lapse watch faces are nice, the Apple Music app is good.

I would go for it!

I'm not a developer btw and only have one watch as a daily driver.

Same here, stable as a rock so far. Vast improvement, which one would expect I suppose.:)

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The battery life is horrible in beta 5

It was for me yesterday. I re-paired this morning. Better but not as good as before. BUT i bet it will stabilize in a day or 2 as it did before. I don't even know if the re-pairing was needed. Can't hurt. I think this is a pattern- load beta, be patient for 48 hours, it all works out on phone and watch. I bet it's indexing, getting to know networks or something that stabilizes after a short time.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: Watch OS 2 beta 4 available to developers

Keep the updates coming I still am not sure if I want to take the jump to beta on the watch lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have doubts, then it's not for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

I went ahead and did it... all seems mostly well so far... still have an issue with the Workout app on the watch - used the "Outdoor walk" - it still doesn't want to record what I do in terms of exercise time under the Activity app... and no matter what setting I have the 'On Tap' wake set at - it only stays lit for 15 seconds.

Edit to add... rebooted the watch - double checked the setting for the wake duration... rebooted the watch - and now it stays lit for the 70 seconds...

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I went ahead and did it... all seems mostly well so far... still have an issue with the Workout app on the watch - used the "Outdoor walk" - it still doesn't want to record what I do in terms of exercise time under the Activity app... and no matter what setting I have the 'On Tap' wake set at - it only stays lit for 15 seconds.

Hmmm. Maybe try rebooting the watch. As is stated yesterday, I think, if I have it set for 70 seconds and then raise and turn my wrist, the display stays lit for 15 seconds, but if I tap to wake it, it stays lit for 70 seconds. It's still a glitchy setting, though. Hopefully, it'll iron itself out or the next update will make it less glitchy.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you have the same problem?

My Watch has been off the charger for about 12 hours today with about 4 hours of time in an area I don't really get signal and I'm sitting at 74% battery left. This is absolutely the best battery life I've seen so far, and yes I'm on beta 5.

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
My Watch has been off the charger for about 12 hours today with about 4 hours of time in an area I don't really get signal and I'm sitting at 74% battery left. This is absolutely the best battery life I've seen so far, and yes I'm on beta 5.

Agreed. Definitely the best battery life so far of all the os's

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This being my first foray into Watch beta and being less than 24 hours in, I have an observation/theory after being in a place where wifi was sporadically unavailable...my watch battery took a hit... just my limited experience...

Edit to add... Battery was still draining ridiculously over the afternoon... Unpaired and re-paired the watch...so far so good...

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble opening 3rd party apps on Apple Watch? None of mine work since installing watch os2 beta 5.

Not at all, but I may not have the same apps as you. Remember, some apps may not work with the beta. Anyway, try un-pairing the Watch, and then pairing it again.

Fridis

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I had similar problems. My problem was that I could not install any third part apps at all. Nothing happened. The solution was to download a completely new app from App store and install it. After that all my third part apps was installed and functionally.

It seems that everything works ok now except one thing: I can't see my playlists. It worked with beta 4 but now they are gone. In iTunes in my iMac I have a lot of folders with playlists. One folder for classical, one for jazz and so on. Everything is working on my MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad but not on my watch. Any solution? Or is it a bug?

P?r

suprmanx7

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I have tried all the betas and this BETA 5 has been better on battery life than 1.0.1.
To explain my usage, its fairly high. Mostly used for workout sesh in the morning (about an hour). Then just messages and phone calls for notifications.
Took it off the charger at 7:00am, currently at 1:30pm im at 69%. Thats 31%/6.5 hours. 4.76% an hour. Not bad for including the workouts. After my workout i was at 88% at 8:30am (time i finished the workout), so its more like 31%-12%= 19%/5 hours = 3.8% an hour.

Reminder, having auto install apps will kill battery, especially if you have auto update apps on your phone! Its silent and you dont even know its happening.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2