I am not worried because i know apple will replace my watch but it is very interesting

I woke up this morning to my alarm going off on my watch like normal and i went to tap snooze ..
    nothing screen does not respond to touch

so i use the side button crown to dismiss the alarm and the whole watch face does not respond to touch

tried a hard reset .. that kinda worked ..seems part of the screen is out if i go to my apps it scrolls left and then
    enables the shake to delete apps.

i have a appointment tonight i am sure they will replace it.

but i find it strange last night was fine and this morning toast.

almost acts like water damage .. but beside rain and shower it has never been fully submerged. i do not see any moisture under the screen or glass
    etc.

is it a hardware issue or something i did ? i have apple care so i am not really worried but curious if the little bit of water did somehow get in or if the problem is unrelated.

guess i will see what they say tonight
    07-21-2015 02:13 PM
    Somerimes crap happens with electronic gear that can't be explained why... they'll take care of you at the AppleStore...
    07-21-2015 02:43 PM
    I don't think you would see water under the glass as on a regular watch, as the screen is bonded directly to the Amoled display. However, since I am a regular shower wearer of the watch I'm curious about the findings. Keep us apprised, please.
    Peligro911 likes this.
    07-21-2015 02:58 PM
    I don't think you would see water under the glass as on a regular watch, as the screen is bonded directly to the Amoled display. However, since I am a regular shower wearer of the watch I'm curious about the findings. Keep us apprised, please.
    Oh i will for sure .. they cant really hold it against me for the shower thing since the CEO said he does it also lol
    lackster2 likes this.
    07-21-2015 03:06 PM
    Somerimes crap happens with electronic gear that can't be explained why... they'll take care of you at the AppleStore...
    Oh i know they will i'm not worried
    07-21-2015 03:15 PM
    Oh i will for sure .. they cant really hold it against me for the shower thing since the CEO said he does it also lol
    The CEO can also reach into his desk draw and pull out a fresh one.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    07-21-2015 04:17 PM
    The CEO can also reach into his desk draw and pull out a fresh one.

Hahaha very true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-21-2015 04:20 PM
    I don't think Tims honesty would allow him to make the statement, knowing he had an infinite supply of backup watches at his disposal.
    07-21-2015 04:27 PM
    I don't think Tims honesty would allow him to make the statement, knowing he had an infinite supply of backup watches at his disposal.
    i always wondered if Tim has a special ios version or apple id that has everything purchased or unlocked. not that buying it would be a issue but still would be cool. He prob has i watch 2 already on his desk
    07-21-2015 05:18 PM
    What WatchOS version and iOS version are you running?
    07-21-2015 05:22 PM
    I noticed that while swimming with mine the touchscreen doesn't respond to touch until it dries off or it could be my wet hands. Lucky with have the crown as back up
    07-21-2015 05:29 PM
    As far as showering with a Apple Watch personally I would go by what's in the manual.

"Important handling information
    Exposure to liquid Apple Watch is water resistant but not waterproof. You may, for example, wear and use Apple Watch during exercise (exposure to sweat is OK), in the rain, and while washing your hands. If water splashes on to the watch, wipe it off with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. Try to minimize exposing Apple Watch to these substances and follow the instructions below in the Cleaning and care section if Apple Watch comes into contact with them:
    Soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, and any liquids other than fresh water, such as salt water, soapy water, pool water, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye, or solvents.
    Submerging Apple Watch is not recommended. Apple Watch has a water resistance rating of IPX7 under IEC standard 60529. The leather bands are not water resistant. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and Apple Watch cannot be rechecked or resealed for water resistance. The following may affect the water resistance of Apple Watch and should be avoided:
    Dropping Apple Watch or subjecting it to other impacts.
    Submerging Apple Watch in water for long periods of time.
    Swimming or bathing with Apple Watch.
    Exposing Apple Watch to pressurized water or high velocity water, for example, showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on.
    Wearing Apple Watch in the sauna or steam room."

07-21-2015 05:30 PM
    I still feel safe in the shower. Now, it's true everything can be pushed to extremes. If you have Kramers 'Commando 450' fixture from the Seinfeld "Shower Head Episode" it might be cause for concern.

Watch Touch Screen not working correctly-screen-shot-2015-07-10-11.24.25-pm.jpg
    07-21-2015 06:16 PM
    It wouldn't have to be that extreme if the Watch being water resistant is not a permanent condition.

07-21-2015 06:22 PM
    It wouldn't have to be that extreme if the Watch being water resistant is not a permanent condition.

Even the waterproof iPhone cases have a shelf life and someday I will stop swimming with my watch but for now it feels safe
    07-21-2015 09:10 PM
    Well got back from apple funny thing is on the way to apple it started working and I was having a hard time reproducing the issue lol .. Luckily thou I was able to get it to stop responding .. Bad part is they took my watch and sent it out for repair or replacement .. Won't have a watch for 3 to 5 days .. Imo they should have gave me one but Owell .. Also based on the tech inspecting he said like new condition no damage or liquid damage ..

lackster2 likes this.
    07-21-2015 10:22 PM
    What WatchOS version and iOS version are you running?
    iOS 9 beta 3 at the time and watch was 1.01 .. I did install beta 4 and that did not make a difference

07-21-2015 10:23 PM
    I also played with display watches and could not reproduce my issue on them

07-21-2015 10:23 PM
    I noticed that while swimming with mine the touchscreen doesn't respond to touch until it dries off or it could be my wet hands. Lucky with have the crown as back up
    Ya while in shower my touch screen is hit and miss and wet fingers the same .. As expected but mine was not working when it was bone dry and had not been wet at all for 24 hours

07-21-2015 10:28 PM
    As far as showering with a Apple Watch personally I would go by what's in the manual.

"Important handling information
    Exposure to liquid Apple Watch is water resistant but not waterproof. You may, for example, wear and use Apple Watch during exercise (exposure to sweat is OK), in the rain, and while washing your hands. If water splashes on to the watch, wipe it off with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. Try to minimize exposing Apple Watch to these substances and follow the instructions below in the Cleaning and care section if Apple Watch comes into contact with them:
    Soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, and any liquids other than fresh water, such as salt water, soapy water, pool water, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye, or solvents.
    Submerging Apple Watch is not recommended. Apple Watch has a water resistance rating of IPX7 under IEC standard 60529. The leather bands are not water resistant. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and Apple Watch cannot be rechecked or resealed for water resistance. The following may affect the water resistance of Apple Watch and should be avoided:
    Dropping Apple Watch or subjecting it to other impacts.
    Submerging Apple Watch in water for long periods of time.
    Swimming or bathing with Apple Watch.
    Exposing Apple Watch to pressurized water or high velocity water, for example, showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on.
    Wearing Apple Watch in the sauna or steam room."

Maybe if it happens again I'll consider not showering with it on lol .. Could be the body wash or the shampoo

07-21-2015 10:30 PM
    So I get a call from apple last night saying the repair center said nothing was wrong with my watch and I can come pick it up .. Mind you this is after two apple techs witnessed the touch screen not working .. So I basically told them no and they said well we can send it out again .. I laughed and told them so your solution is to make me wait another 5 days without my 500 watch that I have had a month .. I said no your going to replace it or give me a refund .. Needless to say after getting a manager approval picked up a new watch today. Reloaded my backup and all seems to be good.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-25-2015 09:19 PM
    So I get a call from apple last night saying the repair center said nothing was wrong with my watch and I can come pick it up .. Mind you this is after two apple techs witnessed the touch screen not working .. So I basically told them no and they said well we can send it out again .. I laughed and told them so your solution is to make me wait another 5 days without my 500 watch that I have had a month .. I said no your going to replace it or give me a refund .. Needless to say after getting a manager approval picked up a new watch today. Reloaded my backup and all seems to be good.

Outstanding, and well-done, sir...
    Peligro911 likes this.
    07-25-2015 09:29 PM
    L

Did Apple at any time suggest that the software versions you are running could have anything to do with the issue?
    07-26-2015 07:51 AM
    L

Did Apple at any time suggest that the software versions you are running could have anything to do with the issue?
    I was running 1.01 so no they did not. Also the new watch has been fine. Prior to it not working I had been running iOS 9 on my phone for over a week also before it stopped working.

07-26-2015 12:32 PM