07-21-2015 10:05 AM
    Like anyone on an internet message board really even cares or can help, and like someone already said we're just hearing what you want to tell. Heard of Google search?
    07-21-2015 10:08 AM
    Way to welcome people to the site. So many people having fun at the person's expense. So you don't agree with their assessment? The OP asked for help getting in contact with someone different at Apple. Embedding advice inside of snarky arguments about the OP's feelings is just plain mean. Agreed that mods let this go on too long. Close it already. iMore forums used to be a LOT more friendly.
    Valana likes this.
    07-21-2015 11:01 AM
    Well said, from what I see Moderators are adding to it as well. People are too used to arguing about what products are best and fighting with fanboys and trolls. Any potentially negative statement about an Apple product results in:

- Mine doesn't / didn't do that, and it would have if it was a problem beacuse ...
    - It's your own fault
    - You're a liar
    etc. etc.

You could always pop on a competing platforms forum and get:

- That's what you get for buying crap
    - Should have bought X it's better
    - Apple sucks
    etc. etc.

Moral of the story...don't go on the internet looking for help, it's a bunch of idiots. Especially in the technology industry. As you can see from the posts in this thread.
    docfmiles likes this.
    07-21-2015 12:28 PM
    Well said, from what I see Moderators are adding to it as well. People are too used to arguing about what products are best and fighting with fanboys and trolls. Any potentially negative statement about an Apple product results in:

- Mine doesn't / didn't do that, and it would have if it was a problem beacuse ...
    - It's your own fault
    - You're a liar
    etc. etc.

- Apple sucks
    etc. etc.

Moral of the story...don't go on the internet looking for help, it's a bunch of idiots. Especially in the technology industry. As you can see from the posts in this thread.
    The OP's question was answered on numerous occasions, and therefore, he or she did indeed receive help. Having said that, it is not insensitive or wrong to point out something that appears unlikely. None of us can prove that the glass didn't break on it own, but neither can the OP prove that it did. It's okay to be sympathetic to the OP's situation, but it's also okay to question the unlikely and point out the likely based on the information provided by the OP.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-21-2015 at 02:00 PM.
    07-21-2015 12:53 PM

- It's your own fault
    - You're a liar
    etc. etc.

- Apple sucks
    etc. etc.

***** who know more than you think we do. Nice to see you joined just to troll.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-21-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    07-21-2015 01:08 PM
    Im not 100% sure it will work, but if the touch screen still works, I would call apple and order apple care on the watch, apple will have you do some diagnosis test on the device, once it passes you will have apple care. then just take it to an apple store (prob best not to go to the store you were before) and have them fix it under the apple care plan
    I know you have 60 days from purchase to buy apple care on the watch.
    from the apple site:
    "Purchase AppleCare+ with your new Apple Watch. Or buy it within 60 days of your Apple Watch purchase.

Visit an Apple Retail Store (inspection of Apple Watch and proof of purchase are required).
    Or call (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)."
    Nice. Wait until a device is damaged before buying the insurance. Aside from the fraud part, it's a pretty low class move.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    07-21-2015 01:12 PM
    Way to welcome people to the site. So many people having fun at the person's expense. So you don't agree with their assessment? The OP asked for help getting in contact with someone different at Apple. Embedding advice inside of snarky arguments about the OP's feelings is just plain mean. Agreed that mods let this go on too long. Close it already. iMore forums used to be a LOT more friendly.
    The OP got help and advice. He asked who to contact (answers included: Apple, Tim Cook, etc). Now he wants to argue that what he claims happened, however unlikely, is gospel truth. Calling BS "BS" is not mean, it's being truthful and honest. Exactly what did the mods let go on too long?
    Not Quite Right and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-21-2015 01:16 PM
    Fact is Apple does not have to replace it.... no different if i walked in with a broken screen on my iphone.

Apple has no way of knowing if it was a accident or if you took a hammer to it or ran it over with your car.

If you break it while you are alseep vs awake does not make a difference to apple.

i understand the anger and how you can see its easy to blame a defect because you did not see it happen.

your options are to buy another one

talk to apple again maybe they will help you
    07-21-2015 01:20 PM
    Discussion on how to defeat the insurance protection with it on or off devices will not be tolerated on the forums: Remember accidental damage is not done on purpose. Claiming damage be accidental for the purposes of an insurance claim is misrepresentation and, fraud.

Discussion closed.
    07-21-2015 01:29 PM
60 123