New Apple Watch with broken face, Apple won't replace! What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertpetry

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: New Apple watch with broken face, Apple won't replace!

Some of you people are such obnoxious jerks. You are saying there is no way that a thin price of gas cousin have a manufacturing defect weakness in its curved corner? BS. Highly unusual? Yes. But I think many rumors went around about yield issues with the screens.

If you don't believe it, move to the next thread. No need to be rude. Frankly a little moderator control would be welcome to this thread.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
New Apple watch with broken face, Apple won't replace!

Some of you people are such obnoxious jerks. You are saying there is no way that a thin price of gas cousin have a manufacturing defect weakness in its curved corner? BS. Highly unusual? Yes. But I think many rumors went around about yield issues with the screens.

If you don't believe it, move to the next thread. No need to be rude. Frankly a little moderator control would be welcome to this thread.

This thread is quite tame, and the OP's question was answered multiple times. Having said that, instead of the OP just asking who he or she needed to talk to about an unresolved problem he or she thinks Apple should fix in regard to the Watch, he or she opted to share the reason for the inquiry. Numerous people found that reason to be difficult to believe, and said so. No harm done and no mod control needed.

dfine1966

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I am surprised no one has asked. Do you happen to have a picture of the broken watch. We can get a better look at what happened. If there was an imperfection in the glass it could just break. If you are close to an Apple store, just like others are telling you, you need to be very cordial and explain the situation to them. Show them the watch. If it is one piece or two pieces that broke off, show them. Most of the time you can see impact damage. If your grandson dropped it before he went to bed and took a quick look and thought it was fine and put it down. Their could of been a hairline crack that he didn't see and it broke over night. There are many possibilities. I always look at facts before making a judgement. Let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RobertsDP

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Im not 100% sure it will work, but if the touch screen still works, I would call apple and order apple care on the watch, apple will have you do some diagnosis test on the device, once it passes you will have apple care. then just take it to an apple store (prob best not to go to the store you were before) and have them fix it under the apple care plan
I know you have 60 days from purchase to buy apple care on the watch.
from the apple site:
"Purchase AppleCare+ with your new Apple Watch. Or buy it within 60 days of your Apple Watch purchase.

Visit an Apple Retail Store (inspection of Apple Watch and proof of purchase are required).
Or call (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)."

ZeroLeonheart

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I agree 100%. This person never mentioned if they went to an Apple a Store or spoke to someone over the phone. This person asks a forum for help, receives it, and proceeds to defend him/herself as though this is some kind of popularity contest, where if we personally don't believe OP, the watch will remain broken forever.

Use Google for help and stop being the person who goes onto Facebook, Twitter, or random forums asking for help that you could find on your own. How have you made it this far without a care taker?

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Im not 100% sure it will work, but if the touch screen still works, I would call apple and order apple care on the watch, apple will have you do some diagnosis test on the device, once it passes you will have apple care. then just take it to an apple store (prob best not to go to the store you were before) and have them fix it under the apple care plan
from the apple site:
"Purchase AppleCare+ with your new Apple Watch. Or buy it within 60 days of your Apple Watch purchase.

Visit an Apple Retail Store (inspection of Apple Watch and proof of purchase are required).
Or call (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)."
Trying to add AppleCare after the fact is like wanting to buy homeowners insurance after the fire... outright fraud.

johnhsa

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

Like anyone on an internet message board really even cares or can help, and like someone already said we're just hearing what you want to tell. Heard of Google search?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Way to welcome people to the site. So many people having fun at the person's expense. So you don't agree with their assessment? The OP asked for help getting in contact with someone different at Apple. Embedding advice inside of snarky arguments about the OP's feelings is just plain mean. Agreed that mods let this go on too long. Close it already. iMore forums used to be a LOT more friendly.

jjetson

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Well said, from what I see Moderators are adding to it as well. People are too used to arguing about what products are best and fighting with fanboys and trolls. Any potentially negative statement about an Apple product results in:

- Mine doesn't / didn't do that, and it would have if it was a problem beacuse ...
- It's your own fault
- You're a liar
etc. etc.

You could always pop on a competing platforms forum and get:

- That's what you get for buying crap
- Should have bought X it's better
- Apple sucks
etc. etc.

Moral of the story...don't go on the internet looking for help, it's a bunch of idiots. Especially in the technology industry. As you can see from the posts in this thread.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Well said, from what I see Moderators are adding to it as well. People are too used to arguing about what products are best and fighting with fanboys and trolls. Any potentially negative statement about an Apple product results in:

- Mine doesn't / didn't do that, and it would have if it was a problem beacuse ...
- It's your own fault
- You're a liar
etc. etc.

- Apple sucks
etc. etc.

Moral of the story...don't go on the internet looking for help, it's a bunch of idiots. Especially in the technology industry. As you can see from the posts in this thread.
The OP's question was answered on numerous occasions, and therefore, he or she did indeed receive help. Having said that, it is not insensitive or wrong to point out something that appears unlikely. None of us can prove that the glass didn't break on it own, but neither can the OP prove that it did. It's okay to be sympathetic to the OP's situation, but it's also okay to question the unlikely and point out the likely based on the information provided by the OP.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

- It's your own fault
- You're a liar
etc. etc.

- Apple sucks
etc. etc.

***** who know more than you think we do. Nice to see you joined just to troll.

Last edited by a moderator:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

from the apple site:

Nice. Wait until a device is damaged before buying the insurance. Aside from the fraud part, it's a pretty low class move.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Way to welcome people to the site. So many people having fun at the person's expense. So you don't agree with their assessment? The OP asked for help getting in contact with someone different at Apple. Embedding advice inside of snarky arguments about the OP's feelings is just plain mean. Agreed that mods let this go on too long. Close it already. iMore forums used to be a LOT more friendly.

The OP got help and advice. He asked who to contact (answers included: Apple, Tim Cook, etc). Now he wants to argue that what he claims happened, however unlikely, is gospel truth. Calling BS "BS" is not mean, it's being truthful and honest. Exactly what did the mods let go on too long?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Fact is Apple does not have to replace it.... no different if i walked in with a broken screen on my iphone.

Apple has no way of knowing if it was a accident or if you took a hammer to it or ran it over with your car.

If you break it while you are alseep vs awake does not make a difference to apple.

i understand the anger and how you can see its easy to blame a defect because you did not see it happen.

your options are to buy another one

talk to apple again maybe they will help you

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Discussion on how to defeat the insurance protection with it on or off devices will not be tolerated on the forums: Remember accidental damage is not done on purpose. Claiming damage be accidental for the purposes of an insurance claim is misrepresentation and, fraud.

Discussion closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh