But i guess all phone warranties don't supports Physical damage. Try to go to the store where you buy your devices hope they replace it.
    docfmiles likes this.
    07-20-2015 09:40 AM
    That is why I think it was defective! The question is WHO can I speak to! I'm Not interested in opinions about what happened-I was there! A day old watch face broke off! It was all the money he had, and he chose to spend it on this product believing he'd get his money's worth.

It's easy to think he injured the watch, but not true. I expected Apple to back their product, but they did not. Now, WHO can I speak to?
    tcook@apple.com

Of course, had your grandson popped for the extra $49 for AppleCare+, it would be a non-issue. But now we're dealing with a "he said/she said" issue with a robust device has "broken all by itself" and overnight, to boot. Good luck with that.
    Not Quite Right and kazp3r17 like this.
    07-20-2015 11:32 AM
    The Withings Activit Pop had a manufacturing defect where the glass could pop (hah) while not wearing it. Even the CNET reviewer opened his drawer to find the glass on his watch shattered one day.

That manufacturing defect was rather widespread, however, which made it far easier to get a refund/exchange (I believe there was a recall). This is the first I've heard of this concerning the WATCH.
    docfmiles likes this.
    07-20-2015 11:40 AM
    That is why I think it was defective! The question is WHO can I speak to! I'm Not interested in opinions about what happened-I was there! A day old watch face broke off! It was all the money he had, and he chose to spend it on this product believing he'd get his money's worth.

It's easy to think he injured the watch, but not true. I expected Apple to back their product, but they did not. Now, WHO can I speak to?
    You're being delusional, and an absolute troll. There is no way without the help of the wearer that a "chunk" of the face just falls off.
    As far as who you can speak to, Here you go ...
    New Apple Watch with broken face, Apple won't replace! What do I do?-giphy.gif
    koltonh2002 and johnhsa like this.
    07-20-2015 11:54 AM
    Brutal!
    07-20-2015 12:18 PM
    Yeah. I feel like something is sketchy since you don't wake up to see a broken device unless someone broke it. I don't see how it would break by itself without someone messing with it. Or it might just be a defective device.
    I think it's defective, too! Apple is refusing to replace this 8 day old watch! I've always had good support from Apple. I guess they've lost their way in the corporate jungle
    07-20-2015 04:06 PM
    tcook@apple.com

Of course, had your grandson popped for the extra $49 for AppleCare+, it would be a non-issue. But now we're dealing with a "he said/she said" issue with a robust device has "broken all by itself" and overnight, to boot. Good luck with that.
    Apparently the sports watches are not so "robust!"
    07-20-2015 04:08 PM
    You're not real helpful, or funny. This ABSOLUTELY happened! I asked for help, not your "opinion"
    07-20-2015 04:12 PM
    You're not real helpful, or funny. This ABSOLUTELY happened! I asked for help, not your "opinion"
    Physical damage as you've described is not a defect subject to warranty coverage. No one here can help that.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    07-20-2015 04:16 PM
    For any Apple product that has physical damage there isn't any relief anyone here can offer but take it to a Apple Store or contact Apple CS or even contact Tim Cook.

This is a forum that is driven by opinions like any other forum. Trying convince the members here that this ABSOLUTELY happened is doing ABSOLUTELY nothing to solve your dilemma.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    docfmiles and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-20-2015 05:10 PM
    OP you wanted to know who to go to.
    You received that information.
    I expect that this is about as far as this thread can logically go.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    docfmiles and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-20-2015 05:20 PM
    Sure the Apple Watch breaks. Note how it happens.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...e-charged.html

07-20-2015 05:31 PM
    It also shatters under these circumstances.
    http://www.cultofmac.com/322741/apple-watch-repair/

07-20-2015 05:33 PM
    I think it's defective, too! Apple is refusing to replace this 8 day old watch! I've always had good support from Apple. I guess they've lost their way in the corporate jungle
    There was a pretty low chance of it being defective. Now that I think of it, if it was a defect, the watch should've been that way out of the box. Apple will only refuse if they have a good reason to. If you visit an Apple Store, you might be able to convince them about what you are saying, assuming that you are telling the whole, truthful story. You still have time to buy AppleCare. Better buy it before the window to buy it closes. Good luck.
    07-20-2015 06:19 PM
    Multiple people recommended making an appointment at the Genius Bar, calling Apple Support, and emailing Apple Support. Not just that, they gave you links for feedback too. I don't know what other type of "help" you need.
    07-20-2015 06:24 PM
    My grandson got a new Apple watch while we were on vacation last week. He woke up in the morning to find the face cracked and a piece of it broken off. We asked Apple to replace it because it's a very obvious defect and they are refusing!
    Who do we speak to at Apple to get honest support?
    You woke up and it was cracked? As In when you went to sleep it was in perfect condition and when you woke the next morning it was cracked? So it essentially cracked itself by itself over night?

I hope they laughed in your face before they said they wouldn't replace it.
    johnhsa likes this.
    07-20-2015 07:21 PM

I hope they laughed in your face before they said they wouldn't replace it.
    C'mon now......That was just mean.
    07-20-2015 08:13 PM
    Some of you people are such obnoxious jerks. You are saying there is no way that a thin price of gas cousin have a manufacturing defect weakness in its curved corner? BS. Highly unusual? Yes. But I think many rumors went around about yield issues with the screens.

If you don't believe it, move to the next thread. No need to be rude. Frankly a little moderator control would be welcome to this thread.
    Valana, DarkCutter and Scatabrain like this.
    07-20-2015 08:44 PM
    Some of you people are such obnoxious jerks. You are saying there is no way that a thin price of gas cousin have a manufacturing defect weakness in its curved corner? BS. Highly unusual? Yes. But I think many rumors went around about yield issues with the screens.

If you don't believe it, move to the next thread. No need to be rude. Frankly a little moderator control would be welcome to this thread.
    This thread is quite tame, and the OP's question was answered multiple times. Having said that, instead of the OP just asking who he or she needed to talk to about an unresolved problem he or she thinks Apple should fix in regard to the Watch, he or she opted to share the reason for the inquiry. Numerous people found that reason to be difficult to believe, and said so. No harm done and no mod control needed.
    07-20-2015 08:59 PM
    Just a link for the available service options. https://getsupport.apple.com/GetSASO...8&locale=en_US
    pkcable and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-20-2015 09:29 PM
    I am surprised no one has asked. Do you happen to have a picture of the broken watch. We can get a better look at what happened. If there was an imperfection in the glass it could just break. If you are close to an Apple store, just like others are telling you, you need to be very cordial and explain the situation to them. Show them the watch. If it is one piece or two pieces that broke off, show them. Most of the time you can see impact damage. If your grandson dropped it before he went to bed and took a quick look and thought it was fine and put it down. Their could of been a hairline crack that he didn't see and it broke over night. There are many possibilities. I always look at facts before making a judgement. Let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    docfmiles likes this.
    07-20-2015 11:59 PM
    Im not 100% sure it will work, but if the touch screen still works, I would call apple and order apple care on the watch, apple will have you do some diagnosis test on the device, once it passes you will have apple care. then just take it to an apple store (prob best not to go to the store you were before) and have them fix it under the apple care plan
    I know you have 60 days from purchase to buy apple care on the watch.
    from the apple site:
    "Purchase AppleCare+ with your new Apple Watch. Or buy it within 60 days of your Apple Watch purchase.

Visit an Apple Retail Store (inspection of Apple Watch and proof of purchase are required).
    Or call (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)."
    07-21-2015 05:12 AM
    I agree 100%. This person never mentioned if they went to an Apple a Store or spoke to someone over the phone. This person asks a forum for help, receives it, and proceeds to defend him/herself as though this is some kind of popularity contest, where if we personally don't believe OP, the watch will remain broken forever.

Use Google for help and stop being the person who goes onto Facebook, Twitter, or random forums asking for help that you could find on your own. How have you made it this far without a care taker?
    Last edited by ZeroLeonheart; 07-21-2015 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Typos
    johnhsa likes this.
    07-21-2015 07:49 AM
    Im not 100% sure it will work, but if the touch screen still works, I would call apple and order apple care on the watch, apple will have you do some diagnosis test on the device, once it passes you will have apple care. then just take it to an apple store (prob best not to go to the store you were before) and have them fix it under the apple care plan
    I know you have 60 days from purchase to buy apple care on the watch.
    from the apple site:
    "Purchase AppleCare+ with your new Apple Watch. Or buy it within 60 days of your Apple Watch purchase.

Visit an Apple Retail Store (inspection of Apple Watch and proof of purchase are required).
    Or call (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)."
    Trying to add AppleCare after the fact is like wanting to buy homeowners insurance after the fire... outright fraud.
    kazp3r17 and Not Quite Right like this.
    07-21-2015 08:15 AM
    Here is a page of Apple Contact numbers and such...

https://www.apple.com/contact/

I have also read some info on the Apple support forums that your best bet is to call in and to ask to speak with a supervisor.
    Just_Me_D and docfmiles like this.
    07-21-2015 08:58 AM
60 123