Notifications with wrist detection off only! Help!

Sergio Hegner

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Watch worked fine for a week and now I had to set wrist detection off on the iphone app to have watch receiving notifications. I've tried everything as restarting it and iphone, turning bluetooth off and on and so...this occurred with other two watches I had too (and sold) so I don't think its a hardware failure. I'm very upset. Anyone else with this issue?

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem as well, I had to turn off mock iPhone and set it up manually because for some reason it was working the other way.

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

Sergio Hegner

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Have you been to a apple store ? Or maybe try Un pairing it and setting up as new ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Brazil and there's no Watch support yet. I've tried un pairing and setting as new too...but as I told, this happened with my other two watches so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. The fact is that watch is not recognizing it's on my wrist so it locks when the display goes dark. If I activate the password it shows it's locked and ask me for the code.

Is the unlock with phone setting checked ? Also do you have a passcode on your phone turned on ?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Mine has touch ID and passcode on phone when I setup watch I set a passcode and turned on the unlock with phone .. So if I put watch on and unlock phone the watch unlocks stays until I take watch off again.

zebonaut smith

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes; same issue. My only solution was to turn off wrist detection to get my email notifications. This killed my watch credit card, so I simply re add my card any time I go to the store, then turn off wrist detection again to get my notifications. Apple needs to fix this PRONTO.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
out of curiosity have you tried to pair your watch with a different iphone ? at least at that point you would be 100% it is the hardware / software of the watch and has nothing to do with the phone. Then maybe you can get apple to replace it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now I think it's faulty sensors...very upset!

Make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and get it fixed or exchanged. There's no need to keep getting frustrated about it, especially when it is still fairly new and is not working in the manner it is on our devices.

Sergio Hegner

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
out of curiosity have you tried to pair your watch with a different iphone ? at least at that point you would be 100% it is the hardware / software of the watch and has nothing to do with the phone. Then maybe you can get apple to replace it

Yes, I tried and still no detection. The point is that I live in Brazil and there's no support yet. A friend of mine brought it to me from the USA.