Watch OS 2 beta 3 available for developers...

Reportedly adds AppleMusic support...
    07-08-2015 01:10 PM
    And I just happen to have a developer friend.
    07-08-2015 01:15 PM
    Yes!
    07-08-2015 01:49 PM
    Any idea how to force the update? I've updated to iOS 9 beta 3, but the watch app is still saying "watchOS 2.0 Your software is up to date." Driving me nuts. Any ideas?
    07-08-2015 02:10 PM
    I am on the fence of getting a second watch for development to test new OS's

Post up findings on watchOS2b3 so I can be convinced
    07-08-2015 02:13 PM
    Any idea how to force the update? I've updated to iOS 9 beta 3, but the watch app is still saying "watchOS 2.0 Your software is up to date." Driving me nuts. Any ideas?
    Just keep trying. Just showed up for me (Boston).
    07-08-2015 02:35 PM
    Lots of people hitting the update servers. Mine sitting at "checking for update" for a while now.
    07-08-2015 02:43 PM
    Still nothing showing OTA for watch update.
    07-08-2015 05:18 PM
    Weird, I found the OTA for it immediately, whereas I can't seem to get the OTA for iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-08-2015 05:25 PM
    Think I will try the beta 3 for my watch
    07-08-2015 05:26 PM
    I'm in no hurry to update from WatchOS 1.01. It's working great with iOS 9 as-is, and until we are able to downgrade without having to have Apple send it off, I will stay put until iOS 9 GM hits.
    miketko and dchandler like this.
    07-08-2015 05:35 PM
    I discovered that if you go to the developer portal. Install the beta 2 profile to your iPhone it will then find the beta 3 when you hit the update button. Seems to be issue with beta 2 certificate.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-08-2015 09:23 PM
    I discovered that if you go to the developer portal. Install the beta 2 profile to your iPhone it will then find the beta 3 when you hit the update button. Seems to be issue with beta 2 certificate.

Yeah that's what I figured out too.
    07-08-2015 09:54 PM
    Has anyone else managed to brick their Watch? Mine was running just fine on beta 3 until around the time I updated my iPhone to iOS 9 beta 3. Now the screen doesn't even turn on on my watch. Can't seem to reset it, even leaving it plugged in it doesn't turn on so I don't think it's a dead battery. It also heats up quite a bit when on the charger.

07-09-2015 02:00 AM
    Has anyone else managed to brick their Watch? Mine was running just fine on beta 3 until around the time I updated my iPhone to iOS 9 beta 3. Now the screen doesn't even turn on on my watch. Can't seem to reset it, even leaving it plugged in it doesn't turn on so I don't think it's a dead battery. It also heats up quite a bit when on the charger.

I had someone call in today saying the update between beta 3 and iOS 9 was incompatible for him. He's sending the watch back into apple to downgrade because he was getting server errors and the watch was going crazy.
    07-09-2015 05:58 AM
    I had someone call in today saying the update between beta 3 and iOS 9 was incompatible for him. He's sending the watch back into apple to downgrade because he was getting server errors and the watch was going crazy.
    Hmm, I don't think it's a compatibility issue. I did just manage to get my Watch to turn back on. It's in the process of restoring a backup right now. I hope it works fine again now.

EmceeGeek likes this.
    07-09-2015 08:16 AM
    You sir are a genius! Worked. I would have never fit turned this out. Thanks so much!
    07-09-2015 09:56 AM
    You sir are a genius! Worked. I would have never fit turned this out. Thanks so much!
    Please use the 'quote' option so that we can know to whom you're replying. Thanks...
    07-09-2015 10:05 AM

I updated to ios 9 beta 3 first, then to WatchOS3 (all from Developer site). No issues at all. The new WatchOS seems to work seemlessly. Even the former complication issues / hangups (stocks, weather) seem to be resolved.
    Just_Me_D and munchkinsdad like this.
    07-09-2015 10:21 AM
    Hmm , having issues with thte heart rate sensor this morning using thr workout app, anyone else?
    07-09-2015 10:40 AM
    I updated to ios 9 beta 3 first, then to WatchOS3 (all from Developer site). No issues at all. The new WatchOS seems to work seemlessly. Even the former complication issues / hangups (stocks, weather) seem to be resolved.
    I agree, it's running smooth as butter!

07-09-2015 11:26 AM
    Yeah, I decided to try holding the crown and power button simultaneously. It turned on, went to download dial and reset itself. I had to re pair to my iPhone and reinstall all my apps, the works. That was this morning, after a very short time my screen became unresponsive, I had to tap the crown and wait a few seconds for the screen to turn on and I couldn't interact with it. Great. So again I reset holding crown and power button simultaneously. Now so far, it is smooth and working better than ever. I think the exercise circle is working better too ha ha. I am on my feet literally all day at work and it has been telling me that I've had 0-1 minute(s) of exercise. Today though by lunch it says 15 minutes.

07-09-2015 12:35 PM
    Yeah, I decided to try holding the crown and power button simultaneously. It turned on, went to download dial and reset itself. I had to re pair to my iPhone and reinstall all my apps, the works. That was this morning, after a very short time my screen became unresponsive, I had to tap the crown and wait a few seconds for the screen to turn on and I couldn't interact with it. Great. So again I reset holding crown and power button simultaneously. Now so far, it is smooth and working better than ever. I think the exercise circle is working better too ha ha. I am on my feet literally all day at work and it has been telling me that I've had 0-1 minute(s) of exercise. Today though by lunch it says 15 minutes.

You might need to unpair the watch again, delete the profile from your phone, then set it up as a new watch (don't restore from backup). Whatever bug or glitch exists should go away. I had something similar happen when updating from watch beta 1 to beta 2 and that process cleared it all up.
    tsparks1 likes this.
    07-09-2015 12:56 PM
    You might need to unpair the watch again, delete the profile from your phone, then set it up as a new watch (don't restore from backup). Whatever bug or glitch exists should go away. I had something similar happen when updating from watch beta 1 to beta 2 and that process cleared it all up.
    I'll try that if it happens again, so far after the second reset it seems to be stable again.

Digital-Tony likes this.
    07-09-2015 01:06 PM
    Thanks for this info. Worked like a charm for me.
    Digital-Tony likes this.
    07-09-2015 02:13 PM
34 12