Watch OS 2 beta 3 available

Brandimc283

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Any idea how to force the update? I've updated to iOS 9 beta 3, but the watch app is still saying "watchOS 2.0 Your software is up to date." Driving me nuts. Any ideas?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am on the fence of getting a second watch for development to test new OS's

Post up findings on watchOS2b3 so I can be convinced :)

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Lots of people hitting the update servers. Mine sitting at "checking for update" for a while now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in no hurry to update from WatchOS 1.01. It's working great with iOS 9 as-is, and until we are able to downgrade without having to have Apple send it off, I will stay put until iOS 9 GM hits.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I discovered that if you go to the developer portal. Install the beta 2 profile to your iPhone it will then find the beta 3 when you hit the update button. Seems to be issue with beta 2 certificate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I discovered that if you go to the developer portal. Install the beta 2 profile to your iPhone it will then find the beta 3 when you hit the update button. Seems to be issue with beta 2 certificate.

Yeah that's what I figured out too.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else managed to brick their Watch? Mine was running just fine on beta 3 until around the time I updated my iPhone to iOS 9 beta 3. Now the screen doesn't even turn on on my watch. Can't seem to reset it, even leaving it plugged in it doesn't turn on so I don't think it's a dead battery. It also heats up quite a bit when on the charger.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else managed to brick their Watch? Mine was running just fine on beta 3 until around the time I updated my iPhone to iOS 9 beta 3. Now the screen doesn't even turn on on my watch. Can't seem to reset it, even leaving it plugged in it doesn't turn on so I don't think it's a dead battery. It also heats up quite a bit when on the charger.

I had someone call in today saying the update between beta 3 and iOS 9 was incompatible for him. He's sending the watch back into apple to downgrade because he was getting server errors and the watch was going crazy.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had someone call in today saying the update between beta 3 and iOS 9 was incompatible for him. He's sending the watch back into apple to downgrade because he was getting server errors and the watch was going crazy.

Hmm, I don't think it's a compatibility issue. I did just manage to get my Watch to turn back on. It's in the process of restoring a backup right now. I hope it works fine again now.

Digital-Tony

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

I updated to ios 9 beta 3 first, then to WatchOS3 (all from Developer site). No issues at all. The new WatchOS seems to work seemlessly. Even the former complication issues / hangups (stocks, weather) seem to be resolved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73