Digital crown sticking

phfox1868

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Alrighty guys now I know this has been an issue that's already been addressed by Apple but their "solution" of running it under water and drying it off is not working for me.

I find that when ever I workout and sweat a decent amount my digital crown starts getting difficult to turn and at some points completely sticks until I move it back and forth. Can I live with this, yes, do I want to, no.

I already have received a replacement Apple watch once because it got so bad the crown would actually not turn at all at points and when I could move it I would really have to force it.

Apple really preached the fitness aspect of this watch, and is the main reason to why I invested in one. I'm upset because almost every time I use it in a fitness capacity, the crown gets sticky because of my sweat.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do, or any further information about this issue??

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Alrighty guys now I know this has been an issue that's already been addressed by Apple but their "solution" of running it under water and drying it off is not working for me.

I find that when ever I workout and sweat a decent amount my digital crown starts getting difficult to turn and at some points completely sticks until I move it back and forth. Can I live with this, yes, do I want to, no.

I already have received a replacement Apple watch once because it got so bad the crown would actually not turn at all at points and when I could move it I would really have to force it.

Apple really preached the fitness aspect of this watch, and is the main reason to why I invested in one. I'm upset because almost every time I use it in a fitness capacity, the crown gets sticky because of my sweat.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to do, or any further information about this issue??

Take it back to Apple and talk to them. I am not aware of any "fixes" aside from running it under water - which you have already tried. Apple would be the best place to take your watch for a fix or to launch a complaint.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I sweat a lot and I clean mine a few times a week to keep things rotating smooth.