Does anyone wear their Apple Watch while playing sports?

thecondor33

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering wearing my Apple Watch Sport while playing softball games. I'd like the activity to count towards my daily goal. I also play a lot of basketball in the winter, so I've been contemplating that as well. Although with basketball I am hesitant just for the safety of those I'm playing with. Would hate for someone to get hit in the face by my watch. Anyone have any experience with wearing their watch while playing sports?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I wear it all the time :) Running, weight lifting, all types of gym cardio, jumping rope, playing basketball, etc...

No issues at all. I make the band a bit tighter than during the day to make sure the HR monitor has good contact with my skin.

328iGuy

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I wear mine everytime I play golf (3x/week on average) as we walk the course generqally, so use it towards my goal and steps app counter as well.

viewfly

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Buy a tennis sweat band and wear it over the watch for some bump protection.
31c48f8dcaaa3235b56e05da4eb409fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrincessKick

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I do Taekwondo with mine (hand pad plus a thick long wristband on it while sparring). I also wear it to the gym. No issues *knocks on wood*

suprmanx7

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Yea no issues here, work out early mornings do insanity max 30. I got the applecare + on it so i guess i dont mind buffing it or what not.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't wear it during basketball. If someone gets their finger stuck it between your wrist and the band either the band will snap making the watch go flying or they will break their finger.

I tried wearing a nike fuel band while playing pickup basketball and that exact thing happened when someone reached for a steal and the band flung across the floor. Wouldn't risk it with an apple watch.

Joe Fish

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I thought I invented the first "iWatch Sweatband" because I wasn't about to not wear it to work but in concrete construction things can get rough especially around gritty concrete/sand/grout etc... So I cut several bands from a black tube sock and then covered my wrist watch perfectly even quite strikingly I might add! It also makes you more low profile if you don't want to draw attention to it for whatever reason or circumstances.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I wear it playing tennis, racquetball, weightlifting, and when I mountain bike. I do wear a sweat band over it when I mountain bike.

WST88

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
One of the reasons I wear the watch is to track activity. Wearing while I am most active is a benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thecondor33

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all for the input. I definitely wear my watch while running, weightlifting, and during fitness classes. However, I was more curious on some of the sports where there is a greater chance of impact. During the summer I play a lot of softball, and I was debating leaving it on and maybe wearing a wristband over it. However, I recently decided not to try it. Too many times where my wrist gets full of dirt, and I don't want that getting to the watch. I also was debating on basketball for the winter, but I feel like the risk of hurting someone else with it is too high. IE hitting someone in the face or their finger getting caught on it, that type of thing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro