Has anyone else found their company iPhone security profile impacting the Apple Watch?
    The email security profile we get when we add our work email to our iPhone adds complex pass codes and wiping on 10 failed attempts. This results in not being able to have a passcode for the Apple Watch as it cannot support complex pass codes. Instead you are forced to unlock using your iPhone.
    Makes sense but an annoying consequence.
    06-25-2015 08:30 AM
    The Watch is still a new device and the OS is still a work in progress. Hopefully, a future update will address this matter. Anyway, I'm not restricted by such policy at my place of employment, but hopefully, others will comment soon.
    06-25-2015 11:10 AM
    I am the one who manages those restrictions at my company and while it is a pain in the ****, the watch can receive corporate data and thus needs to have the same security requirements as the phone. Until Apple can put an itty bitty keyboard on the watch the only way to enter complex passwords is with the unlock with iPhone feature.

I think Apple did it right on this one as the security mimics the phone.
    06-25-2015 12:08 PM
    I can't imagine my employer approving the Apple Watch anytime soon. We just got approval to run IOS8 on our devices and only with additional security requirements. The fingerprint scanner on our devices has been deactivated by our admins. I use the watch with my personal iPhone only.
    06-26-2015 08:12 AM
    I can't imagine my employer approving the Apple Watch anytime soon. We just got approval to run IOS8 on our devices and only with additional security requirements. The fingerprint scanner on our devices has been deactivated by our admins. I use the watch with my personal iPhone only.
    The first thing I wondered is if your admins are walking around with Androids attached to their hips.
    06-26-2015 12:37 PM
    The first thing I wondered is if your admins are walking around with Androids attached to their hips.
    No. Both android and Apple devices are approved. They did not approve IOS8 until recently because it is not FIPS compliant. They added an additional layer of security to accommodate IOS8.
    06-27-2015 10:19 AM