Just received my new Watch for Father's Day yesterday! I took off my FitBit for the first time in a long time and migrating to the Activity App on the Watch.

I miss the sleep tracker but on my FitBit, I was able to manually enter exercise (either weight lifting or running if for some reason my fitbit was charging that morning etc). Is there any way of manually entering exercises into the Watch?

TIA (thanx in advance)
    06-22-2015 10:04 AM
    There isn't. But with 3rd party apps coming with watch os2, there will be things to come.
    06-22-2015 10:09 AM
    When you record activity (move, exercise, stand) on your Apple Watch, it gets transferred to the Health app on your iPhone, then the Activity app pulls in the data to display its results. You can also manually enter data directly into the Health app.
    06-22-2015 10:15 AM
    I don't believe the Activity app draws data from the health app, however....

I've missed a few runs with my watch and while the Health app is up to date, the Activity app for the watch never gets in sync so that day shows like a big old miss on the calendar view.

So while data may be going one way, for some strange reason the Activity app doesn't sync up with data from the Health app.
    08-01-2015 09:31 PM
    Try entering data into the Workouts data category in the Health app. I believe that data gets read back into the Activity app.
    08-02-2015 11:32 AM
    No. The activity app does not get data from healthy =(
    08-26-2015 10:30 AM
    Hey there,

i have just released an third party app to do that.

Its called manualActivity

Is it ok for you if i post an link to the app?

All the best,
    Patrick
    03-03-2017 04:57 AM
    Hey there,

i have just released an third party app to do that.

Its called manualActivity

Is it ok for you if i post an link to the app?

All the best,
    Patrick
    I did try this app, and it is STILL not recognizing my workout! Worst $2 I've spent. Worthless!
    03-10-2017 04:57 PM
    I did try this app, and it is STILL not recognizing my workout! Worst $2 I've spent. Worthless!
    It should recognize your workouts! Works for me and hundreds of others by now. Let me know what you tried to do and i will have a look at it.
    03-21-2017 03:43 AM
    Patrick, I reset my phone this morning to clean some things up. I didn't notice my watch wasn't connected when I went on my bike ride this afternoon so I decided I would try to add the ride into the app but it is not recognizing it. Now I do use Map My Ride and it is actually showing on the data page for your app but nothing is showing on the rings for this hour long ride. I used your app last night for tennis and it added it perfectly and it has worked every time too. But today there is an issue. In Apple health is shows the active calories but the rings are just not showing.

This is what is happening today when I manually enter the ride:
    Step 1: Add exercise
    Step 2: fill in all the blanks
    Step 3: click Save Activity
    The myActivities screen shows but it is not there. It does show my MapMyRide+ time but you can't do anything with it. If I go back to the Add Activity the same Cycling activity is all filled in.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted the iPhone, checked the connections to Apple Health, everything looks correct. Any suggestions?
    05-05-2017 03:19 PM
    All is working properly again. I did do a restore to 10.3.2 and it fixed the issue.
    06-01-2017 11:06 AM
    I thought I would let you know that I tried to add a workout this morning and a couple of things. When I set the System: to Miles it will not add anything to apple health but if it is set on KM then it seems to work. At least it adds the workouts but it didn't add anything to the calories. Is it supposed to add to the calories? I thought it did previously but not today.

I guess I wasn't patient enough. It has now updated the calories.

I would say the bug is still with the settings from KM to Miles.
    Last edited by dgreening; 06-02-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    06-02-2017 09:19 AM
    You’re absolutely right. I had the same issue. The data only transferred when I changed it to km...
    10-02-2017 06:14 AM