Smartwatch users for the last 2 years - a perspective

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently converted back to Apple after being with Android. I have owned all the versions of the Galaxy Gear, a Moto 360, Asus Zenwatch and a LG Urbane. I just recently purchased an Iphone 6 plus over the weekend to take advantage of the Iphone sale that Verizon was having.

At any rate, I ordered my Apple watch so, I am waiting for that device and in the interim, I am wearing my Citizen EcoDrive which I still enjoy the looks of it.

I find myself continually looking at my watch when my phone notifies me of something as I expect to see it on my wrist.

I find myself missing notifications because psychologically, I know that if a notification came in on my phone and it was important, it would be displayed on my wrist.

By the way, when I first bought my very first smartwatch, it was the Galaxy Gear. I was very much on the fence over whether a smartwatch was worth investing money into. Over time, that feeling went away when I started to appreciate the notifications, especially during meetings when I was told to put the phone on vibrate. After all, periodically glancing at my watch during a meeting was somewhat normal.

Coming from Android Wear and the minimal amount of time that i have spent with my wife's Apple watch, the Apple watch seems more superior over Android Wear. The Apple watch has some very basic functions right now but, I can tell that over time, it will grow into something more substantial. It is also way more comfy than any of the Android Wear devices that I have owned in the past to include the Galaxy Gear series and Galaxy Gear S.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I think you'll really like having an Apple Watch. No, it's not perfect, but it's getting better. I'm really excited about third-party apps being able to run natively. That is what's going to be a big improvement for me.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I used a Pebble about a week after I bought my iPhone 6, then switched to an Apple Watch on the 24th of April. I really like both Android Wear and watchOS, but because I prefer Apple products, I went with the Apple Watch. I am very satisfied with the watch, and definitely feel that the smartwatch has a legit place in a person's life.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Had my pebble for a year and half before getting a apple watch last night .. So far I like it not having 7 day battery is a adjustment but So far all good with shower etc just like the pebble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been a smart watch user for a long time... Started with the kickstarter Pebble and until June 1st when I got my Watch I have had, the Pebble Steel, Fitbit Charge HR, Fitbit Surge, Garmin vivosmart and the Garmin vivoactive.

The battery life on all of the smartwatches I have used is far better than the Watch, but I will take the tradeoff to have actionable notifications. Even the phone option on the Watch is a bonus, I wont be making long calls, but just the other day my Mother called me when I was walking in to the office. My hands were full so I answered with my nose and was able to let her know I would call her back in a little bit.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I had the Samsung Gear S before my  watch I wish the Apple Watch was somewhere in between the 2. Tizen on the Gear S was very much like using an iPod Nano 6th Gen and was very intuitive. The call quality and volume was far superior and the keyboard although small was extremely accurate and great if you wanted to reply to messages, emails or WhatsApp etc without using your phone. Built in GPS was excellent too. It was too bulky though and the Apple Watch looks and feels amazing and has great app support etc. Like I said already I wish the Apple Watch was somewhere in between the 2.

AmazingGraceTx

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a Pebble. Just started using a smart watch over the past couple of weeks and I like it. I'm considering an apple watch at some point. I like having notifications and such right there on my wrist. I'm a preschool teacher and we're not allowed to have our phones on us, but with my Pebble, I'm still in the loop. I've been playing with my son's Apple watch and I really like it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Pebble. Just started using a smart watch over the past couple of weeks and I like it. I'm considering an apple watch at some point. I like having notifications and such right there on my wrist. I'm a preschool teacher and we're not allowed to have our phones on us, but with my Pebble, I'm still in the loop. I've been playing with my son's Apple watch and I really like it.

The Watch can indeed be practical in regard to notifications and, as you put it, staying in the loop...:)....I was never interested in getting an Watch, and I can still say that it is NOT a must-have item, in my opinion. However, I'm really glad I have one and its use has become valuable and if somehow my current Watch breaks, I will quickly replace it with another one...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro