What's the most efficient watch face?

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
If one had a long travel day planned, for example, and wanted the longest battery life, which watch face would you choose? Obviously, Mickey would be out, because of the number of active pixels required. And any of the video based screens (flowers, jellyfish, and butterfly), as well.

Of the remaining, what do you think would fit the bill?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Probably the Modular face with the fewest complications; however, I'm not sure there would be that much of a marked improvement.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I disabled the wrist raise option, I like to manually tap the screen to interact with it, the screen the stays on for about 20 seconds unless you manually turn it off by covering the screen with your hand, it would be good to have different options like 5 seconds which is normally enough if you are just checking the time and probably enough time to decide whether or not you are gonna do something else.. small things but they could impact battery life ..

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If one had a long travel day planned, for example, and wanted the longest battery life, which watch face would you choose? Obviously, Mickey would be out, because of the number of active pixels required. And any of the video based screens (flowers, jellyfish, and butterfly), as well.

Of the remaining, what do you think would fit the bill?

It depends on what information you need displayed. For my money, the Modular face would be good. You can add the complications that you need, but the only "moving part" of that face is the blinking colon between hour and minutes.

That said, I have had my watch almost 2 weeks now and have always had at least 40-45% battery left after a 16-17 hour day, so I don't see an issue with battery not lasting, even on a "long travel day". I have the activate on wrist raise "on", and don't have any issues with it affecting my battery.

Millbrook

May 15, 2015
Visit site
My understanding is that the faces that light up the fewest pixels are the most energy-efficient. So, for long battery life, I would choose the Simple or Utility face with the level of detail turned down low, and only those complications that I felt I needed for that day.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've tried all of the available watch faces and have yet to see a difference in battery life between them. Having said that, my two most used watch faces are Modular and Utility.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use Simple, mostly because I like the classy look of it. Not really sure that any of the watch faces will deplete the battery noticeably faster. Just look at the screen less ;)

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Yea, I had the wrist raise display feature enabled since I received the watch several days ago. But I've just spent all of today with the tap to display enabled, and I like it. And the cover-to-kill screen feature really becomes second nature! I think using this feature is the best solution for my lifestyle. After all, I haven't worn a watch in over a dozen years, so it's not like it was a habit, looking at my wrist for information.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73