Order now or wait for in store pickup

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have given in and decided to get the Apple watch. Was going to wait until gen 2 but can't anymore. Going to be birthday present. Question is thoughts on would it be better to wait until start selling in store or order online. Looking at space grey sport 42mm says 2-3 week shipping. Want buy July 4th running a race in Atlanta and want by then.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you really want it by July 4, then you should probably order it online. However, if it were me, I would wait until I could purchase in the store at this point.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Aren't they supposed to start selling in store next week? Would assume would have all of the sport models instock

Teague Kelley

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Aren't they supposed to start selling in store next week? Would assume would have all of the sport models instock

They didn't announce it at wwdc, so I doubt it'll be out next week. But who knows. Maybe it will be. Either way, your card doesn't get charged until it ships. So if it does come out you can cancel your order and go pick it up from the store. Boom.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
They are starting in store sales on the 26th of June, but what they are not saying is WHAT models will be available. I am guessing the 38mm variants of the watches will be available, but the 42mm will be a bit longer. The online store shows the 38mm shipping in 5-7 days but the 42mm are at 2-3 weeks. That tells me they have more stock of the 38mm and likely the ones that will be available on the 26th.

I would order online now and on the 26th if your Watch has not shipped yet go to the store. If they have the watch you want buy it and cancel the online order.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks I went ahead and ordered online. I got July 2-9 for shipping. I am hoping it will get moved up like others have been. If it doesn't ship before available in store will cancel and go to the store. It did charge my Amex when ordered via Apple Pay just shows as pending.

Teague Kelley

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Ok thanks I went ahead and ordered online. I got July 2-9 for shipping. I am hoping it will get moved up like others have been. If it doesn't ship before available in store will cancel and go to the store. It did charge my Amex when ordered via Apple Pay just shows as pending.

That's weird. Maybe it will ship soon. Usually they only charge when they ship. What model did you get

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Its not the actual charge. It is a hold charge. Check you Amex statement and you will see the charge when it goes through. When I ordered my watch the Amex app showed the charge right away, but it was not actually charged until it moved to PFS. I got a second notice then about the charge.

But regardless, fingers crossed that it comes sooner and if not that the one you want is available in store on the 26th :)

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Now updated delivery 6/22-6/29 so looks like pulling things up! Can't wait. Will be out of town all next week so 6/22 works.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice