How can I downgrade Watch OS 2 to 1.0.1?

Gio Gala

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately the only way to downgrade at the moment is though Apple assistance. You can do it also at the nearest Apple Store . There is no other way to downgrade from Apple Watch OS 2 to 1. The future is uncertain.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1

On the bright side Watch OS Beta 3 appears to be super stable. My battery life is back to normal and the fluidity of the OS may I dare say is faster than what I experienced on 1.01? If future betas are this solid I see no need to downgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

On the bright side Watch OS Beta 3 appears to be super stable. My battery life is back to normal and the fluidity of the OS may I dare say is faster than what I experienced on 1.01? If future betas are this solid I see no need to downgrade.

Extremely happy here on beta 3 compared with the previous. Only annoying thing at this moment is Apple Pay being disabled!!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Extremely happy here on beta 3 compared with the previous. Only annoying thing at this moment is Apple Pay being disabled!!

Good to know, I had no idea that apple pay was disabled, I haven't even tried to use it while on the beta.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Wonder if it is in beta 4. No release notes published yet

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

I finally sent mine into Apple to be flashed back to 1.0.1. My phone was replaced and is on 8.4, so the watch was useless on the beta. Called Tuesday night, got the return box Thursday, sent watch back out Thursday, they received Friday and turned it around back to me in about 6 hours. Supposed to arrive Monday, hopefully with 1.0.1. The repair just says they didn't find anything wrong with it, but they have "updated" the software to the latest versions.

D

Deleted member 233079

I finally sent mine into Apple to be flashed back to 1.0.1. My phone was replaced and is on 8.4, so the watch was useless on the beta. Called Tuesday night, got the return box Thursday, sent watch back out Thursday, they received Friday and turned it around back to me in about 6 hours. Supposed to arrive Monday, hopefully with 1.0.1. The repair just says they didn't find anything wrong with it, but they have "updated" the software to the latest versions.

Just did the same. I'm happy with iOS 9 on my phone. Seems fine. I downgraded my iPad due to app compatibility issues. Any thoughts about running iOS 9 on the iPhone and 1.0.1 on the Watch?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Just did the same. I'm happy with iOS 9 on my phone. Seems fine. I downgraded my iPad due to app compatibility issues. Any thoughts about running iOS 9 on the iPhone and 1.0.1 on the Watch?

I can attest the WatchOS 1.01 works well with iOS 9 to this point. Having said that, I've since upgraded to WatchOS 2 beta 4 so I'm stuck with it, but it's not a problem for me. I'm been primarily issue-free with it...:)

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

Im happy on iOS 8.4 at the moment. I'll upgrade again when iOS 9 hits public release this fall. There just isn't the "gotta have it" factor in iOS 9 that other major releases have had.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

It will be a non issue next week. Everyone can safely upgrade to 2 without battery or stability issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice