How can I downgrade Watch OS 2 to 1.0.1?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Have you not read any of this thread? There is no way to downgrade your watch unless sending back to Apple. And you must be on iOS 9 for watchos2 to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if you don't want to lose jailbreak you don't upgrade until a jailbreak is available for that version. Generally you won't get to jailbreak a version until well after the official version has been released. That way Apple doesn't have a chance to patch the vulnerability before releasing to the public.

For what it's worth battery is much better for the watch and phone on beta 2. Not as amazing as 8.3 and 1.0.1 but much better then beta 1.

Rich Woods

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
im ****ed, i didnt really cared about the battery, i got ios9 to mess with and wannted to stay on watchos 2 for the faces, i downgraded my phone today to ios8.3 as a jailbresk is relesed, then when i pairing a nessage of ****, i did all these for jailbreak, now watch is ****ed, i really want to stay be jailbroked.
May I ask why you didn't research this before you upgraded your Apple Watch? It's common sense since there's no obvious way to downgrade like there is with Mac OS and iOS. Also, why use an iPhone if you're gonna jailbreak it?

Rich Woods

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1

If there was a way to put the Watch in recovery or DFU mode similar to that of iOS devices to restore it then I wouldn't hesitate to load WatchOS 2 beta. Although I doubt I would really be negatively affected if the beta turned out to suck on 'my' Watch, having to go through Apple to have it re-flashed is something I'm just not willing to do if things turned out to be dire. Know what I mean?

As far as I can tell, there is a DFU mode. It just doesn't do anything because it's not connected to anything. When you shut off the watch, hold down the digital crown while putting it on the charger. It goes into DFU mode. I could be wrong though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, there is a DFU mode. It just doesn't do anything because it's not connected to anything. When you shut off the watch, hold down the digital crown while putting it on the charger. It goes into DFU mode. I could be wrong though.

Okay, thanks. I'll test it out later...:)

Last edited:

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So I have setup a service thru Apple chat to send it in for downgrade. I love the new features but there's no feature worth enough to have to charge the watch 2 times a day specially on gym days. The guy said it was a 5-8 days turnaround time. Not waiting for a stable beta in the fall and kill the battery because of the charge cycles.

suprmanx7

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I've been using my 2.0 beta 2 for a while and its been great, i think i know the main culpurit for bad battery life. Its the weather. I removed it from my face on the watch and it stopped draining battery, it seems like there is something seriously wrong with it.
Everytime i turn it back on(the watch on the face), the battery drains. Can others please try this, see what you find!

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
how did you remove the stock weather app?

He means on the watch face. I had weather on my face yesterday. I didn't use the watch much beyond replying to some messages. At midnight it was at 53%! I wasn't popping up glances at all.

I also used the phone 6+ very little. Checked the forums and FB and a short call or 2. Using my mophie I got to midnight with 100% charge!

I had 2 days this week that I had to charge the watch during the day on beta 2. I believe the WiFi was wonky on those days. I had heavy phone use on those days.

I do think it's a combination of over communicating which may sometimes include the weather glance or complication. But I also think it's exacerbated by wifi wonky-ness on phone. The good news is that if those are the causes they are 100% fixable with software. If it was a new downside of the extra demand of 2.0 and 9 we would be in trouble. All evidence points to fixable.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
He means on the watch face. I had weather on my face yesterday. I didn't use the watch much beyond replying to some messages. At midnight it was at 53%! I wasn't popping up glances at all.

I also used the phone 6+ very little. Checked the forums and FB and a short call or 2. Using my mophie I got to midnight with 100% charge!

I had 2 days this week that I had to charge the watch during the day on beta 2. I believe the WiFi was wonky on those days. I had heavy phone use on those days.

I do think it's a combination of over communicating which may sometimes include the weather glance or complication. But I also think it's exacerbated by wifi wonky-ness on phone. The good news is that if those are the causes they are 100% fixable with software. If it was a new downside of the extra demand of 2.0 and 9 we would be in trouble. All evidence points to fixable.

Just saw on another thread that a bug in 9 is to be stuck on 100% on phone. That could explain my experience yesterday with the phone.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

With the progress that Apple is making with the iOS9 beta and Watch OS beta I am hoping that we will see even greater stability with the next release. Right now both my watch and iPhone are usable which is a great thing. I still love my iWatch even though I jumped the gun and upgraded.

Salvatore Scialfa

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have a ******* problem with my apple watch os 2 beta 2, everthing work but when i send text from apple watch, he send normal text and he doesn't use imessage, from iphone is perfect but from watch no, I reset 20 times apple watch and Iphone but I don't know what i can do, please help me.....

And sorry for my bad english....

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone tried to see if iOS 8.4 will pair with Watch OS 2.0 yet?

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to pair with iOS 8.4 personally?

I've been running iOS 8.4 for the last month and a half and as Apple has said and previous posters it is only compatible with iOS 9. Due to the new apis Etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro