How can I downgrade Watch OS 2 to 1.0.1?

Xnitrox45

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
They pulled the update but failed to update the website text as still reads as if the link will take you to the download for beta 2 and it won't. Takes you to beta 1. Your supposed to be able to get the update over the air once available again, FYI.

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Beta 1 does, beta 2 doesn't. Every time I try to pair, after 2 minutes it fails (watch/iPhone lose BT communication)

You can't pair your watch with iOS9 Beta 2 and Watch OS2?

I've got iOS9 Beta 2 on the phone and trying to pair it with the Watch on OS2 beta 1 ... fails every time; even after hard resets for both devices :'(

Mouxy

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Yep...

I'll be honest, this iOS Beta seems way more stable, and the battery seems "ok" now, but I'm not sure if upgrade the watch will be a good move

I just tried this: Download the watch Beta profile and install it on the phone, restart the phone and after that you should be able to pair the watch, but DON'T Upgrade the Watch OS :D

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Yep...

I'll be honest, this iOS Beta seems way more stable, and the battery seems "ok" now, but I'm not sure if upgrade the watch will be a good move

I just tried this: Download the watch Beta profile and install it on the phone, restart the phone and after that you should be able to pair the watch, but DON'T Upgrade the Watch OS :D

Problem for me is that the watch is currently on the last beta and had a factory reset so all i can see is the pair screen etc. The profile file I've downloaded is for watchBeta2. Trying to source the 1st profile file at the moment to put on the phone ( which is on the 2nd Beta )

Last edited:

upapple

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Trying to reinstall IOS9 beta1 and to restore for IOS beta 2 (alt+....). In my case New WOS beta 2 is installed correctly... seems to me. Saw usual process. See battery after few hours. Hope, hope, hope...

plucas

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
How can you tell if you have installed the latest version of Apple watch os 2 beta 2? What new features should I be looking for?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The rumor is Apple incorrectly made the watch update available (but nor workable) to everyone not just those with beta certificates. That's why they pulled it. That could be good news as opposed to critical flaw in beta 2 as reason to pull it.

It's funny how some online take this as evidence we will be able to downgrade. Not likely.

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
that makes sense ... slightly annoying as I'm now not sure what I've got installed on the watch. I'm sure it's Beta 1.

The phone is now back on Beta1 too and I've installed the WatchOS Beta 1 profile too - just literally finished restarting..

Hoping now that they're both on Beta 1 that they'll pair ... fingers crossed!

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
No good .. phone just says it fails to pair. No reason to as why. The bluetooth icon doesn't flicker like it did on beta 2.

May just go back to 8.4 until they fix this problem or go to the Genius bar and tell them the WatchOS2 beta screwed things up and get them to send it away to be flashed back to OS 1!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice