How can I downgrade Watch OS 2 to 1.0.1?

Mouxy

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I sent the watch to Apple and I just received this email:

The technicians couldn't reproduce the symptom you mentioned when you requested service. They confirmed that your product meets our specifications for performance, usability, and functionality. They also installed the latest software and firmware, if necessary.

We're sending it to you along with a letter that provides more information. You'll get it in about two business days.

-----
So I'm not sure if the downgrade was performed, but let's see.

Did anyone here received this email after sending the watch for a downgrade?

ocrane

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Dropped off Tuesday to the genius bar, checked my support profile and saw "Replacement product shipped" I guess they must have just replaced it.

Apple_user

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Fixed my battery issue. It died by 8pm. Lost 5 % an hour.
The issue was all the watch apps were set to download and all said were "installing". But no apps were installed. So I turned them all off. I then turned on one at a time and they installed or uninstalled just fine. The battery is still 100% after 2 hrs.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Fixed my battery issue. It died by 8pm. Lost 5 % an hour.
The issue was all the watch apps were set to download and all said were "installing". But no apps were installed. So I turned them all off. I then turned on one at a time and they installed or uninstalled just fine. The battery is still 100% after 2 hrs.

Didn't have the apps installing issue. Battery draining like a mofo.

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
So I went service support on the website and chat with a rep, They sent me an empty box by overnight FEDex, I received it on the second day, mail it back, and on the second day they sent me an email this email, and should receive my watch on Monday, because of the weekend

"Passed inspection!
Our technicians performed complete diagnostic checks on your product.

Model: APPLE WATCH SPORT 42MM
Repair ID: D159126363

The technicians couldn't reproduce the symptom you mentioned when you requested service. They confirmed that your product meets our specifications for performance, usability, and functionality. They also installed the latest software and firmware, if necessary.

We're sending it to you along with a letter that provides more information. You'll get it in about two business days. "

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1

Hopefully today will see a new beta release for both watch and iPhone.
Maybe Apple will provide a profile for downgrading.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just received my Apple watch from Apple service center, same watch but is back to 1.0.1. Hopefully I can hold my urge to update it again when Beta 2 comes out

Seriously? You're actually considering reinstalling the beta again after you've had Apple re-flash WatchOS 1.01 for you when you decided that you no longer wanted the beta on it? Wow!

Last edited:

pepms

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
how long did it take from when you left your watch at genius bar or shipped it until you got it back? im going to the us next week but only going to be for one week i want to know if there will be enough time for them to downgrade it and ship it back, thanks!

ocrane

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
how long did it take from when you left your watch at genius bar or shipped it until you got it back? im going to the us next week but only going to be for one week i want to know if there will be enough time for them to downgrade it and ship it back, thanks!

dropped mine off on a Tuesday night, got it back Friday afternoon

MikeyDeezy

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious what is the process:

Do you just directly tell them you updated your Apple Watch to 2.0 and now you need it reverted back to 1.0.1?

Edit:
I went through the motion online and have a box arriving to my address within the next 2 days. I hope a method of downgrading is released within the next few days before I ship this guy off.

Last edited:

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I'd wait till you get back from the states on the risk it is not returned in time.

By next week there should be another beta that may give a profile do you can downgrade it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I'd wait till you get back from the states on the risk it is not returned in time.

By next week there should be another beta that may give a profile do you can downgrade it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one at Apple has ever said they would help us downgrade the watch. The most likely outcome is better battery life at the 3rd beta release. We are hoping sooner but nothing is a sure thing. The only thing we can count on is the final beta before release in Sept to have everything worked out.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

No mention of battery as its own issue in notes. Could be secondary related to fixed issue - we can hope!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner