How can I downgrade Watch OS 2 to 1.0.1?

vader317

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Ladies, and Gentlemen As I am no genius on this, I guess it was just by luck that i was able to figure this out. I also was one of you that jumped the gun and installed all the Beta OS. On my Applewatch, iPad, iPhone, OS X. But as Beta goes, they are all but too buggy for everyday use. So to the good stuff. I have highlighted the info below that will help solve this head ache!!

Pre-work: Make sure your iPhone that the watch is synced to and has the old back up is still running iOS 9. It will need to find the backup 1.0 Applewatch file

Step 1. Factory Restore Applewatch
Step 2. Sync Watch manually do not use the QR scanner as it only reads the 2.0 profile
Step 3. Restore from backup any previous 1.0 back up. 1.0.1 backups will not work as it was an OTA update
Step 4. Let watch do it's magic

And........wait for it, wait for it..... Repaired!! Back to WatchOS 1.0
Follow OTA update back to 1.0.1 and recover your backup file.

I suggest everyone remove iOS9 as well after the watch is fully restored.

Thank you.

ocrane

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Ladies, and Gentlemen As I am no genius on this, I guess it was just by luck that i was able to figure this out. I also was one of you that jumped the gun and installed all the Beta OS. On my Applewatch, iPad, iPhone, OS X. But as Beta goes, they are all but too buggy for everyday use. So to the good stuff. I have highlighted the info below that will help solve this head ache!!

Pre-work: Make sure your iPhone that the watch is synced to and has the old back up is still running iOS 9. It will need to find the backup 1.0 Applewatch file

Step 2. Sync Watch manually do not use the QR scanner as it only reads the 2.0 profile
Step 3. Restore from backup any previous 1.0 back up. 1.0.1 backups will not work as it was an OTA update

Thank you.

Only tough part is having the 1.0 file, my watch never made a backup before going to 2.0

MikeyDeezy

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

Thank you.

I did the Erase All Settings option on the Watch. Manually paired it with my iPhone running 9.0. Let it restored a backup from May 9th and this method did NOT work unfortunately. Still on 2.0.

ocrane

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I did the Erase All Settings option on the Watch. Manually paired it with my iPhone running 9.0. Let it restored a backup from May 9th and this method did NOT work unfortunately. Still on 2.0.

I wonder why it work for some and not others. Either the first guy didn't really fix it. Or somehow you missed a step?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am testing this now. I did have 4 separate 1.0 backups, so I am lucky. I am not one to delete backups until I need to for space. I guess that is a good thing.

UPDATE: This DOES NOT work. I did exactly as was described and my watch is still on 2.0. I am willing to bet the OP still is as well, and just thinks they are back on 1.0. Or they never successfully upgraded to WatchOS 2.

suprmanx7

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1

I am testing this now. I did have 4 separate 1.0 backups, so I am lucky. I am not one to delete backups until I need to for space. I guess that is a good thing.

I just realized i have a back up from before this, so I still ave the back up (iphone, i think its in there). Waiting on you before I restore the phone

Daniel Smith4

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

Thank you.

Didn't work for me, sadly. Still on watchOS 2

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1

I just realized i have a back up from before this, so I still ave the back up (iphone, i think its in there). Waiting on you before I restore the phone

It did not work. Do not waste your time. I am going to bet that Apple will release a solution if enough people were to voice their problems on the developer forums. I am hoping that beta 2.0 somehow allows it to pair with iOS 8.4 at least for those of us who only want to downgrade our phones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2