As an fyi about battery issues on the watch.

i had the same issue of my battery draining like crazy after I did an unpair and re pairing of my watch, i posted about it on this forum.

After updating to ios 1.0.1 my girlfriend and i noticed taps and drawings were taking ages to arrive even when we were on the same network at home, over 30 mins.

Apple suggested I unpair my watch and re pair from the backup made, it fixed the issue with the messages but after doing this the battery lasted till 4 pm on a normal working day when it had previously been at 40% when putting on charge last thing at night.

Unpairing and Re Pairing again fixed the issue.

Might be worth trying this as not everyone seems to be having the same battery longevity issue.

It appears all sorts of strange things can happen when unpairing and re pairing a watch.

We noticed additional problems when your phone is limited on storage space and its struggling to do the watch backup.
    suprmanx7 likes this.
    06-11-2015 12:38 PM
    Today the watch is doing very well. 5hrs of standby so far and its at 82% with 2hrs of use. I unpaired it last night and when I paired it back to the phone I chose to install apps later. I then went and picked the apps that I wanted but I did it one at a time, I watched as the apps installed and waited till it was done and moved to the next one. I noticed that on the auto install after you restore the watch from a backup, the apps stay hanging in "installing" this might be the major cause of the battery draining so much.
    06-11-2015 01:28 PM
    Didn't work for me. I downgraded to 8.4b4 and reset the watch os2. But it still told me I must upgrade...... It appears that 8.4b4 really isn't compatible with Watchos2 as mentioned earlier
    Last edited by rmiller66; 06-11-2015 at 04:29 PM.
    06-11-2015 02:04 PM
    Now its getting some media play, maybe it will stir up some response. I wonder how much service fees are

Users struggle with Apple Watch downgrades as Apple charges service fees to fix watchOS issues | 9to5Mac
    06-11-2015 02:28 PM
    The article implies that a 'lucky' user finding how to invoke DFU is what will solve the problem. Ok but don't expect iTunes to be able to restore firmware to a watch.

The update is managed by the app on the phone. So it's possible theoretically to flash it but no one knows how to put it all together.

All you would have in DFU is a useless watch. Also downloading the firmware is useless at this point.

I wonder how the firmware has been obtained. Perhaps those folks know a bit more of the puzzle.

The fact that apple genius' are not trained to flash a bricked watch means Apple has not anticipated this happening.

As a commentator pointed out we are supposed to be devs and not using hardware we rely on day to day. So it's easy to see how Apple did not plan for this.

Normal users expecting to be able to go back to 1.0 from 1.0.1 due to frequency of heart rate monitoring have way too high an expectation from Apple.
    06-11-2015 03:04 PM
    i repaired with 2.0 and enabled diagnostics and a couple of hours later i message and sms worked perfectly fine
    06-12-2015 09:08 AM
    I took it to Apple and they sent it to be re flashed at the depot. Kind of a pain but I should have known better than to put beta software on. My biggest issue was not really the watch but having to leave 9 on my phone. It was needing to be charged more often than the watch. At least they are doing it at no charge. I hear people that have called in were charged.
    anon(5718668) likes this.
    06-12-2015 10:18 AM
    Trying WiFi connection only on watch for a few hours to see if it helps/hurts battery life on phone and/or watch.

I had trouble with watch, wifi connection until I forced slower wifi connection as explained in separate thread.

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=331581
    06-12-2015 12:06 PM
    I took it to Apple and they sent it to be re flashed at the depot. Kind of a pain but I should have known better than to put beta software on. My biggest issue was not really the watch but having to leave 9 on my phone. It was needing to be charged more often than the watch. At least they are doing it at no charge. I hear people that have called in were charged.
    how long did they say?
    06-12-2015 12:16 PM
    how long did they say?
    I was given a quotation of 'a few days' to 'a week' and that was Wednesday but I've had no movement on the repair tracker yet.
    06-12-2015 01:03 PM
    I was also told a few days.
    06-12-2015 01:06 PM
    Today I took my watch to genius they say they have no such policy to help you downgrade....(I am in hong kong)
    06-12-2015 01:28 PM
    Can you tell me which Apple store you did this at? Thanks
    06-12-2015 01:48 PM
    Called support and they couldn't do anything except told me they could flash my watch in store. I questioned them since everyone is having to have theirs sent out, but went to Apple Store in grand central station (NYC) today and sure enough they sent it out. They gave me a little bit of resistance at first but I told them I have apple care + on the watch and the update has made the watch unuseable so they agreed to send it out but were unsure if I would be charged a repair fee. The repair invoice they emailed me shows a possible cost of $229 but a balance of $0. I'll report back when I recieve it back
    06-12-2015 02:16 PM
    I go to the causeway bay apple store in Hong Kong today ,maybe a few days later go to ifc apple store
    06-12-2015 02:22 PM
    As an fyi about battery issues on the watch.

i had the same issue of my battery draining like crazy after I did an unpair and re pairing of my watch, i posted about it on this forum.

After updating to ios 1.0.1 my girlfriend and i noticed taps and drawings were taking ages to arrive even when we were on the same network at home, over 30 mins.

Apple suggested I unpair my watch and re pair from the backup made, it fixed the issue with the messages but after doing this the battery lasted till 4 pm on a normal working day when it had previously been at 40% when putting on charge last thing at night.

Unpairing and Re Pairing again fixed the issue.

Might be worth trying this as not everyone seems to be having the same battery longevity issue.

It appears all sorts of strange things can happen when unpairing and re pairing a watch.

We noticed additional problems when your phone is limited on storage space and its struggling to do the watch backup.
    This has definitely helped me! Thank you! I was having bad battery issues
    06-12-2015 03:14 PM
    Called support and they couldn't do anything except told me they could flash my watch in store. I questioned them since everyone is having to have theirs sent out, but went to Apple Store in grand central station (NYC) today and sure enough they sent it out. They gave me a little bit of resistance at first but I told them I have apple care + on the watch and the update has made the watch unuseable so they agreed to send it out but were unsure if I would be charged a repair fee. The repair invoice they emailed me shows a possible cost of $229 but a balance of $0. I'll report back when I recieve it back
    Are you really willing to possibly spend $229 just to have an OS flashed. To me that is nearly the cost of the watch, so I might as well wait it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    suprmanx7, Just_Me_D and RobtRoma like this.
    06-12-2015 03:19 PM
    After turning BT off on phone (watch using wifi)averaging 6%+ for last 4 hours. The beauty of this is I can leave the phone on the charger and move freely around house. Hopefully this gets me through to an update.
    06-12-2015 03:50 PM
    Are you really willing to possibly spend $229 just to have an OS flashed. To me that is nearly the cost of the watch, so I might as well wait it out.
    Exactly. I can't believe how many people were/are willing to install a beta OS on their shiny new Watch. Let them iron the bugs out before giving this a try unless you are an absolute diehard willing to put up with all the problems beta software is known for.
    suprmanx7 likes this.
    06-12-2015 04:25 PM
    I wonder if there is a watchOS 1 configuration profile?!! That might make the Apple Watch app download 1.0.1, any thoughts?
    MikeyDeezy and anon(5718668) like this.
    06-12-2015 06:06 PM
    I wonder if there is a watchOS 1 configuration profile?!! That might make the Apple Watch app download 1.0.1, any thoughts?
    I was thinking about this earlier. I'm guessing if Apple is motivated to give us a method to restore 1.0.1 that would probably go about it that way.
    06-12-2015 06:13 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No I wouldn't. I would rather damage the watch and burn an apple care + replacement. But I would think even if they wanted to charge me the apple care + would cover most of it.

I also think some kind of fix will be released in the upcoming weeks. Whether from apple or hackers I'm not sure.
    Last edited by mletang; 06-13-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    06-13-2015 06:38 AM
    Hey Guys,

Do you think this sound like something optimistic?

How can I downgrade Watch OS 2 to 1.0.1?-screenshot_2015_06_13_12_10_00.png

Apple Music website (at the bottom)
    06-13-2015 07:14 AM
    Can't wait for beta 2 or a way to downgrade.. on Os 2 i can't reply to text message, only the dismiss option is shown every time i get a message, and when i go to the watch message app, the folder is empty ... sucks
    06-13-2015 02:11 PM
    I seem to remember that the battery improvements don't get full treatment until 3rd beta releases. Hope I'm wrong.
    06-13-2015 03:01 PM
386 ... 56789 ...