Can you be so kind to send your watch OS 1.0 backup to me? Is that possible? I need my watch!
    06-10-2015 08:52 PM
    It will not work. I advise you to go back to 2.0beta until there is a fix. I'm sure the dev community is looking for a fix. It won't take long.
    06-10-2015 09:00 PM
    Friendly reminder: if you removed your watch dev profile, remember to put it back on your phone or you won't get any (hopefully) upcoming beta updates.

Cheers.
    trevkat and JordanYork like this.
    06-10-2015 09:01 PM
    As suggested before, I reset my watch and set it up as a new watch and have taptic and messages working again!! whooohoo.
    Battery has only gone down 4% since 8, so thats not too bad I think?

Will report back tommorow after a full day of use.
    06-10-2015 09:41 PM
    My issue is that I want my activity data from my backup of my phone on iOS 8.3. I didn't think of not being able to continue that activity data when upgrading to iOS 9 and watchOS 2. Any suggestions?
    06-10-2015 09:53 PM
    After the create watch as new in 2.0 I am seeing 33% used in just under 7 hours. Not quite as good as before but workable.
    06-10-2015 11:25 PM
    actually i want to downgrade to 8.3only cause ios 9 is easily get hot and the battery drain i cannot accept it.However when I downgrade to 8.3 i cannot use my watch...
    if one week later it still cannot downgrade to os 1 I will still downgrade my phone and use the watch without pair!!!!
    06-11-2015 01:47 AM
    Hopefully it won't come to that. Fingers crossed.
    06-11-2015 02:03 AM
    Hi guys, this has been a really interesting thread, I was considering trying the beta ios 9 and watch os 2 but I guess i will wait now till its the public beta, hopefully it will be more stable by then.

It looks like going forward it might be prudent to do a backup of your watch before doing any update, I am pretty sure the three times I have unpaired mine it was after doing the 1.0.1 update so I havent got a 1.0 backup either.

I hope you guys get them sorted.
    06-11-2015 02:35 AM
    Guys, in NO WAY you'll be able to go back to earlier version.
    There's a success rate of 1 user being able to do it. A user with one post and nothing else. This means NO USER won.
    Apple doesn't copy firmware file on backup, it wouldn't make any sense.

Don't get fooled by that "1.0 or 1.0.1" near OS version on watch backup; also in iTunes you see iOS version next to backup file saved previously, this doesn't mean that inside you can find a copy of the firmware.

There could be just two possibility to reflash an older version:
    - Send it to Apple and pay
    - Hope that Apple will release a tool to reflash it by bluetooth (as long as it's possible to flash this way, it should be easy for them to release such tool) but it's pretty impossible that this could happen.

So let's wait for the new beta in a couple of weeks.
    06-11-2015 04:02 AM
    it's can not software to 1.0.1
    06-11-2015 04:57 AM
    There could be just two possibility to reflash an older version:
    - Send it to Apple and pay
    - Hope that Apple will release a tool to reflash it by bluetooth (as long as it's possible to flash this way, it should be easy for them to release such tool) but it's pretty impossible that this could happen.

So let's wait for the new beta in a couple of weeks.
    My Watch was sent off to Apple through the Genius Bar with no additional charges and no questions asked
    06-11-2015 05:27 AM
    My Watch was sent off to Apple through the Genius Bar with no additional charges and no questions asked
    That's quite what I was expecting, others here told that maybe could be charged.. Hope they will not
    anon(5718668) likes this.
    06-11-2015 05:52 AM
    They actually sent the watch to Apple, or did they solve (downgraded) instore?

Thanks!
    06-11-2015 06:13 AM
    They actually sent the watch to Apple, or did they solve (downgraded) instore?

Thanks!
    Hi there! Unfortunately to process of flashing the device cannot yet be completed in store so the device was sent off for a depot repair. I was told it should take a couple of days to a week! Hope that answers your question
    Mouxy likes this.
    06-11-2015 06:27 AM
    Just a question for everyone on the 2.0 software because this is bothering me. In the watch app on the iphone under glances it is showing the default "weather" app twice. I know its just a bug but its irritating me and i didnt notice it until I started trying to downgrade back to 1.01.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!!!
    06-11-2015 07:01 AM
    Yes I've got the same. I just deleted the extra weather in glances.
    06-11-2015 07:08 AM
    Yes I've got the same. I just deleted the extra weather in glances.
    Thank you so much!!! Yeah I did the same.
    06-11-2015 07:54 AM
    Guys, just because I haven't tried it yet... The watch 2.0 and iOS 8.4 B4 are incompatible, right?
    Thanks!
    06-11-2015 08:32 AM
    Guys, just because I haven't tried it yet... The watch 2.0 and iOS 8.4 B4 are incompatible, right?
    Thanks!
    Yes
    06-11-2015 08:48 AM
    Thanks!
    I would wait until they get the battery life back up.
    06-11-2015 08:59 AM
    I'm in the same situation and have been following this thread since yesterday. I tried everything and there is no way to downgrade as of now. I finally ended up bringing my watch yesterday at Apple and like some other people here they have no way to do it in store so needed to send it in to the depot. They said a few days and again gave no guarantees that it will be done.

They explained that they have no way of flashing the watch in store, they don't even have replacement units.

Hopefully the depot does it.
    anon(5718668) likes this.
    06-11-2015 09:33 AM
    I'm in the same situation and have been following this thread since yesterday. I tried everything and there is no way to downgrade as of now. I finally ended up bringing my watch yesterday at Apple and like some other people here they have no way to do it in store so needed to send it in to the depot. They said a few days and again gave no guarantees that it will be done.

They explained that they have no way of flashing the watch in store, they don't even have replacement units.

Hopefully the depot does it.
    And did it cost anything, or did they ask for your developer email?
    06-11-2015 10:13 AM
    i had a lot of issues, but was able to get it to work, at least to the next update , my phone battery was awful , I did a clean iOS 9 install and set the phone as new and install the apps one by one, the ones that didn't work got deleted ( few of them)

On Apple Watch I had issues with Tap and sound, weather app, alerts. on this I erase everything, set as new and didn't do the apps automatically, when I did at the first time the apps where stuck installing, so by doing them one by one I made sure they got installed, I kept resetting the watch until I got most of the apps working, took at least 5 times. My current issues now are that I can only reply to iMessages, regular messages don't work, the weather app has issues, so I'm using the weather channel app, and the battery sucks, but yesterday it lasted until 10:00pm, not bad until the next update
    06-11-2015 10:58 AM
    Interesting thread. I guess a lot of us assumed downgrading from 2.0 back to 1.0.1 would be as simple as going from 9.0 to 8.3.

My watch is workable but my iPhone is awful. Slow to charge and quick to drain. I went to sleep last night with my battery on 58% (not plugged in) and after 7 hours without any use from me (the phone still does it's own thing) the battery was completely dead when I woke up. I'm going to charge this morning and put it on battery reserve mode / turn off background app updating and see if that helps the battery. If it doesn't, I'm going to be forced to downgrade to 8.3 and put my watch back in it's box for a few weeks. It's a nice luxury but not as necessary as my iPhone (first world problems).

I'm a registered app developer so I read the Genius Bar might be willing to send it off but the Apple Store isn't worth the drive. Good luck to anybody who figures out a way to downgrade watch OS

edit: I'm going to attempt to re-charge my phone. It's been plugged in for 2 hours and it's gotten to 3% but continues to die. I've left it along for about 30 minutes and it's still on the red battery drained icon.
    Last edited by J_blatto; 06-11-2015 at 12:25 PM.
    06-11-2015 11:34 AM
386 ... 45678 ...