Well it's now 11.00pm and mine had 20% left so not too bad. IPhone is a different story
    Scatabrain likes this.
    06-10-2015 06:02 PM
    Ladies, and Gentlemen As I am no genius on this, I guess it was just by luck that i was able to figure this out. I also was one of you that jumped the gun and installed all the Beta OS. On my Applewatch, iPad, iPhone, OS X. But as Beta goes, they are all but too buggy for everyday use. So to the good stuff. I have highlighted the info below that will help solve this head ache!!

Pre-work: Make sure your iPhone that the watch is synced to and has the old back up is still running iOS 9. It will need to find the backup 1.0 Applewatch file

Step 1. Factory Restore Applewatch
    Step 2. Sync Watch manually do not use the QR scanner as it only reads the 2.0 profile
    Step 3. Restore from backup any previous 1.0 back up. 1.0.1 backups will not work as it was an OTA update
    Step 4. Let watch do it's magic

And........wait for it, wait for it..... Repaired!! Back to WatchOS 1.0
    Follow OTA update back to 1.0.1 and recover your backup file.

I suggest everyone remove iOS9 as well after the watch is fully restored.

Thank you.
    06-10-2015 07:00 PM
    Thank you, I am trying this right now and will confirm if it worked for me.
    06-10-2015 07:11 PM
    Ladies, and Gentlemen As I am no genius on this, I guess it was just by luck that i was able to figure this out. I also was one of you that jumped the gun and installed all the Beta OS. On my Applewatch, iPad, iPhone, OS X. But as Beta goes, they are all but too buggy for everyday use. So to the good stuff. I have highlighted the info below that will help solve this head ache!!

Pre-work: Make sure your iPhone that the watch is synced to and has the old back up is still running iOS 9. It will need to find the backup 1.0 Applewatch file

Step 2. Sync Watch manually do not use the QR scanner as it only reads the 2.0 profile
    Step 3. Restore from backup any previous 1.0 back up. 1.0.1 backups will not work as it was an OTA update

Thank you.

Only tough part is having the 1.0 file, my watch never made a backup before going to 2.0
    06-10-2015 07:23 PM
    Ouch. always make a backup before trying any Beta.
    06-10-2015 07:29 PM
    i only have 1.0.1 backup...
    06-10-2015 07:30 PM
    Try is anyways and see if that will work. Mine gave me an error on 1.0.1.
    06-10-2015 07:34 PM
    https://ipsw.me/watch

those are the ipsw files, I wonder if i can insert them into the phone via iexplorer...
    06-10-2015 07:35 PM

Thank you.

I did the Erase All Settings option on the Watch. Manually paired it with my iPhone running 9.0. Let it restored a backup from May 9th and this method did NOT work unfortunately. Still on 2.0.
    06-10-2015 07:50 PM
    I did the Erase All Settings option on the Watch. Manually paired it with my iPhone running 9.0. Let it restored a backup from May 9th and this method did NOT work unfortunately. Still on 2.0.
    I wonder why it work for some and not others. Either the first guy didn't really fix it. Or somehow you missed a step?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-10-2015 07:57 PM

Question is, did it say 1.0 or 1.0.1
    06-10-2015 07:58 PM
    I hope 1.0.1

06-10-2015 07:58 PM
    Can you believe I just deleted my 1.0 backup just 20 minutes before?
    06-10-2015 08:00 PM
    I am testing this now. I did have 4 separate 1.0 backups, so I am lucky. I am not one to delete backups until I need to for space. I guess that is a good thing.

UPDATE: This DOES NOT work. I did exactly as was described and my watch is still on 2.0. I am willing to bet the OP still is as well, and just thinks they are back on 1.0. Or they never successfully upgraded to WatchOS 2.

suprmanx7 likes this.
    06-10-2015 08:02 PM
    I am testing this now. I did have 4 separate 1.0 backups, so I am lucky. I am not one to delete backups until I need to for space. I guess that is a good thing.

I just realized i have a back up from before this, so I still ave the back up (iphone, i think its in there). Waiting on you before I restore the phone
    06-10-2015 08:04 PM

Thank you.
    Didn't work for me, sadly. Still on watchOS 2
    06-10-2015 08:05 PM
    Didn't work for me, sadly. Still on watchOS 2
    can you confirm that t was a backup labeled 1.0?
    06-10-2015 08:06 PM
    It said 1.0 on the backup. When that backup was done there was no 1.0.1 yet.
    06-10-2015 08:06 PM
    I just realized i have a back up from before this, so I still ave the back up (iphone, i think its in there). Waiting on you before I restore the phone
    It did not work. Do not waste your time. I am going to bet that Apple will release a solution if enough people were to voice their problems on the developer forums. I am hoping that beta 2.0 somehow allows it to pair with iOS 8.4 at least for those of us who only want to downgrade our phones.

06-10-2015 08:07 PM
    can you confirm that t was a backup labeled 1.0?
    Yes, 1.0 backup from May 12th
    06-10-2015 08:07 PM

Thank you.
    This DOES NOT WORK! In fact just to make sure I didn't mess it up I tried it 2 different times. I also had a 1.0 backup. I'm giving up and just leaving it the way it is. I'm sick of restoring this damn thing lol.
    06-10-2015 08:10 PM
    Guess ill just reset it and set up as new. Will see if i have similar results tomorrow. Today it was not the best, no taptic, bad heart sensor,i worked out and comparatively it was way off from my usual Wednesdays.
    06-10-2015 08:13 PM
    HI everyone,

This was working but for some reason the watch told me to pair with iPhone again. After i downgraded my iPhone to iOS 8.3 it did not work??? This sucks. I will keep trying as i believe we are getting a bit closer.
    06-10-2015 08:22 PM
    Does anyone have the compilations option on their apple watch app, and it doesnt load anything? was it there before?
    06-10-2015 08:25 PM
    That's part of 2.0Beta. I also seen it on the options but when you select it, it does nothing. Complications is a new feature they were demoing during WWDC
    06-10-2015 08:31 PM
386 ... 34567 ...