How can I downgrade Watch OS 2 to 1.0.1?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1

No good for me yet. Still 2.0. Going to remove all 3rd party apps. Theory is they are malfunctioning and sucking up battery.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
from reddit

"Was running terribly on my 42mm SS.
I restored my iPhone 6+ back to iOS 8.3 through iTunes, and restored a backup from last week sometime. I then downloaded the IPSW again for iOS 9 from IMZDL. I flashed this via iTunes but instead of doing a restore, I held Option (on Mac) and did an update, so it kept my 8.3 content from last week.
I was then able to re-pair with my watch and instead of setting it up as new, I pressed restore backup on to Watch, it picked up a backup from end of May when I got it.
Job done, going to set it up as new, but with the 1.0.1 software, because 2 is so so crap on battery!
6+ on iOS 9 Mac on El Capitan Watch on 1.0.1
Not having an accessible tethered port really is a PITA!"

This doesn't work. You get an error that you need an update.

leonchowleon

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

here are the methods that i try,they also doesn't work
current:watch os 2,ios9
1.unpair them and restore from backup os1.0.1/1.0 (after restore it keep os2)
2.first erase all the content and setting on watch then repair them
2a)set up as new(keep os2)
2b)restore from backup os1.0.1/1.0 (same as above)
3.downgrade my iPhone to 8.3,it don't allow me to pair

trevkat

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone think that the profile "watchOS 2 beta" installed in settings under general is what is preventing the watch from going back? Has anyone tried removing the profile before trying any of the recommended steps?

trevkat

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

if you select it there is an option to delete it. dont you see that? it should be there. This has to be what is stopping it from going back to 1.01. Its at least worth a shot.

trevkat

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

in Settings>General towards the bottom right above the reset option you should see "profile". If you select it there is an option to delete it. I am at work so i cant try all the steps until later today. Its worth a shot though. thoughts?

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Removing the profile makes no differenct, once the OS2 is installed it is there. Even removing the profile from the iPhone does not allow to reinstall 1.0.1.

ocrane

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

I saw in another thread it counts as a "out of warranty repair" he was checking on price

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Yes my friend! Took it into Bath Apple Store today. I explained what I'd done and the genius explained that it had to be sent away as they didn't have access to the diagnostic port.

Watch has been sent away ( :( ) but should be back with me in a couple of days to a week. No more questions asked and no other charges.

Was more happy with it being sent away to be 'flashed' than being stuck with a useless watch. Try your local Apple Store if you can't get it to work :)

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Yes my friend! Took it into Bath Apple Store today. I explained what I'd done and the genius explained that it had to be sent away as they didn't have access to the diagnostic port.

Watch has been sent away ( :( ) but should be back with me in a couple of days to a week. No more questions asked and no other charges.

Was more happy with it being sent away to be 'flashed' than being stuck with a useless watch. Try your local Apple Store if you can't get it to work :)

Did you book in to the Genius Bar or just go in?

ocrane

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Historically the first beta's are 14days.. So it's a toss up, be without a watch for a week? Or keep watch as is and hope beta 2 fixes issues... Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trevkat

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, its going to be a long 2 weeks. My watch no longer taps/notifies me for anything so its pretty much useless now.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Removing the profile makes no differenct, once the OS2 is installed it is there. Even removing the profile from the iPhone does not allow to reinstall 1.0.1.

I believe the profile is on the watch. I don't see anyway to remove it from the watch.

It is my opinion that everyone saying it worked for them hasn't checked the version in their about.

I will report back if battery is improved any by not using 3rd party apps. Since I have restored a few times today, may not have the best comparison from yesterday's terrible battery life.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, its going to be a long 2 weeks. My watch no longer taps/notifies me for anything so its pretty much useless now.

If you restart it the taps come back briefly before not working again. Not the best workaround.

sebastiaaan

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. Can't downgrade even with backup the Watch will stay on 2.0. Has anyone tried to connect the Apple Watch with an iPhone running iOS 8.4 Beta 3 or Beta 4? Because the battery life on iOS 9 (iPhone 6) is horrible. I lose 2% per minute while on screen.
Otherwise I have to return the Apple Watch and order the 42mm version (I have 38mm and think this is a good chance since the 38mm is too small for me) but will Apple let me return the watch? Or will they send me the device back because it's not under the warranty?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal