Stuck with this also. Admittedly should have just left it tbh. In town near an Apple Store tomorrow so may try and pull some strings and see what they may be able to do.
    Any luck instore?
    06-10-2015 10:51 AM
    I saw in another thread it counts as a "out of warranty repair" he was checking on price
    baz1536 likes this.
    06-10-2015 10:55 AM
    I saw in another thread it counts as a "out of warranty repair" he was checking on price
    Can you post link to thread?
    06-10-2015 10:57 AM
    Yes my friend! Took it into Bath Apple Store today. I explained what I'd done and the genius explained that it had to be sent away as they didn't have access to the diagnostic port.

Watch has been sent away ( ) but should be back with me in a couple of days to a week. No more questions asked and no other charges.

Was more happy with it being sent away to be 'flashed' than being stuck with a useless watch. Try your local Apple Store if you can't get it to work
    06-10-2015 11:00 AM
    Yes my friend! Took it into Bath Apple Store today. I explained what I'd done and the genius explained that it had to be sent away as they didn't have access to the diagnostic port.

Watch has been sent away ( ) but should be back with me in a couple of days to a week. No more questions asked and no other charges.

Was more happy with it being sent away to be 'flashed' than being stuck with a useless watch. Try your local Apple Store if you can't get it to work
    Did you book in to the Genius Bar or just go in?
    06-10-2015 11:03 AM

Historically the first beta's are 14days.. So it's a toss up, be without a watch for a week? Or keep watch as is and hope beta 2 fixes issues... Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-10-2015 11:07 AM
    Yeah, its going to be a long 2 weeks. My watch no longer taps/notifies me for anything so its pretty much useless now.
    06-10-2015 11:10 AM
    Removing the profile makes no differenct, once the OS2 is installed it is there. Even removing the profile from the iPhone does not allow to reinstall 1.0.1.
    I believe the profile is on the watch. I don't see anyway to remove it from the watch.

It is my opinion that everyone saying it worked for them hasn't checked the version in their about.

I will report back if battery is improved any by not using 3rd party apps. Since I have restored a few times today, may not have the best comparison from yesterday's terrible battery life.
    06-10-2015 11:16 AM
    Yeah, its going to be a long 2 weeks. My watch no longer taps/notifies me for anything so its pretty much useless now.
    If you restart it the taps come back briefly before not working again. Not the best workaround.
    06-10-2015 11:33 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Can't downgrade even with backup the Watch will stay on 2.0. Has anyone tried to connect the Apple Watch with an iPhone running iOS 8.4 Beta 3 or Beta 4? Because the battery life on iOS 9 (iPhone 6) is horrible. I lose 2% per minute while on screen.
    Otherwise I have to return the Apple Watch and order the 42mm version (I have 38mm and think this is a good chance since the 38mm is too small for me) but will Apple let me return the watch? Or will they send me the device back because it's not under the warranty?
    06-10-2015 11:35 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Can't downgrade even with backup the Watch will stay on 2.0. Has anyone tried to connect the Apple Watch with iOS 8.4 Beta 3 or Beta 4? Because the battery life on iOS 9 (iPhone 6) is horrible. I lose 2% per minute while on screen.
    Otherwise I have to return the Apple Watch and order the 42mm version (I have 38mm and think this is a good chance to use) but will Apple let me return the watch? Or will they send me the device back because it's not under the warranty?
    One person above went to the store and they sent the watch to be flashed as out of warranty repair.
    06-10-2015 11:44 AM
    Oh boy. No third party apps installed. Using only 3 glances. 4% battery in 30 min. You would think it's a Moto 360!
    06-10-2015 11:58 AM
    Did you book in to the Genius Bar or just go in?
    I didn't as, for some reason, there were none at my store until Saturday. Walked in around 12:30 and was given an appointment for 15:15. My store isn't normally too busy in the week so I was happy to head off and come back!

Historically the first beta's are 14days.. So it's a toss up, be without a watch for a week? Or keep watch as is and hope beta 2 fixes issues... Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well my friend, that is something that I had to consider. But I'd rather know that the problem is being fixed than not knowing what to do with it. The store was more than obliging to do so as well
    06-10-2015 12:02 PM
    I didn't as, for some reason, there were none at my store until Saturday. Walked in around 12:30 and was given an appointment for 15:15. My store isn't normally too busy in the week so I was happy to head off and come back!

Well my friend, that is something that I had to consider. But I'd rather know that the problem is being fixed than not knowing what to do with it. The store was more than obliging to do so as well

True, I might just bite the bullet and send it in..
    anon(5718668) likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:07 PM
    Hey man. Working on something that could be big. I'll let you know if it's successful.

There is currently potential for people that have access to an extra apple watch, or that have an iOS 8.3 backup with a backup of Watch OS 1.0.1.

Essentially, you would downgrade to 8.3, restore from your backup with the 1.0.1 backup, then do a Shift+Check For Update, select the iOS 9 Beta ipsw (DO NOT CLICK RESTORE) so that it keeps your settings during the update, then pair your apple watch on OS 2 beta and select restore from backup. Select the backup with OS 1.0.1 and you should be set.

Again, I'll let you know if what I'm working on pans out, which should allow anyone to downgrade.

Edit: Fails all around. When you restore from a 1.0.1 backup, people are thinking it took them back to 1.0.1 because it doesn't show the 2 new watch faces unless you select the +Add option. Looks like we have to wait it out and accept the fact that Apple says, "Zero fun allowed with your Apple Watches! If you want to play with one on beta software, spend another $400 minimum!"
    Lesson learned. (And of course I know it's Beta and of course I expected it to be buggy. I just wanted to try it out for a few days, not realizing that it couldn't be restored to a stable OS like every other product they have ever released. Before now, there really hasn't been any risk involved with trying betas out, but I see they've decided to take a different path this time.
    Last edited by JordanYork; 06-10-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    06-10-2015 12:08 PM
    Hey man. Working on something that could be big. I'll let you know if it's successful.

There is currently potential for people that have access to an extra apple watch, or that have an iOS 8.3 backup with a backup of Watch OS 1.0.1.

Essentially, you would downgrade to 8.3, restore from your backup with the 1.0.1 backup, then do a Shift+Check For Update, select the iOS 9 Beta ipsw (DO NOT CLICK RESTORE) so that it keeps your settings during the update, then pair your apple watch on OS 2 beta and select restore from backup. Select the backup with OS 1.0.1 and you should be set.

Again, I'll let you know if what I'm working on pans out, which should allow anyone to downgrade.
    Sorry, tried this one earlier to no avail! Thanks for sharing though

True, I might just bite the bullet and send it in..
    That's what I thought. They did it for free with no questions asked too so just did it
    06-10-2015 12:11 PM
    It won't work with iOS 8.4. They were clear that WatchOS 2 only works with iOS 9.

Also, isn't there a recovery mode? For example, if I shut off my iPhone, I can hold down the home button and plug it into a PC running iTunes and it puts it into recovery mode and downloads and installs the most recent firmware.
    06-10-2015 12:46 PM
    It won't work with iOS 8.4. They were clear that WatchOS 2 only works with iOS 9.

Also, isn't there a recovery mode? For example, if I shut off my iPhone, I can hold down the home button and plug it into a PC running iTunes and it puts it into recovery mode and downloads and installs the most recent firmware.
    Nothing to plug in to on the watch. At least for us.
    06-10-2015 01:01 PM
    I am currently on the phone with Apple and there is apparently a way to go about this. The tech is trying to find an article that he can email me. If this is the case I will be sharing it shortly.
    Scatabrain, rpol86 and kch50428 like this.
    06-10-2015 01:09 PM
    I am currently on the phone with Apple and there is apparently a way to go about this. The tech is trying to find an article that he can email me. If this is the case I will be sharing it shortly.
    Nice! Hopefully it's not a link to this thread..
    06-10-2015 01:11 PM
    https://ipsw.me/watch

Here are all the original firmware files....
    06-10-2015 01:13 PM
    Nice! Hopefully it's not a link to this thread..
    I just lost connection with him, but so far he is suggesting that I have to reset the app as new using the watch app on the phone, but then I lost connection and I have yet to have him call back.
    06-10-2015 01:17 PM
    Interesting, so maybe unpair phone. Revert to current ios and set up as new. Then try to pair watch?

The only issue is the watch wont pair on a device that has lower than 9. So it would have to be a new install of 9
    06-10-2015 01:23 PM
    Interesting, so maybe unpair phone. Revert to current ios and set up as new. Then try to pair watch?

The only issue is the watch wont pair on a device that has lower than 9. So it would have to be a new install of 9
    I tried that with my Dad's iPhone and it was unable to pair because he is on 8.3.
    06-10-2015 01:27 PM
    What about a fresh install of ios9?
    Scatabrain likes this.
    06-10-2015 01:29 PM
386 12345 ...