S
    How's this beta compared to the 1st?
    so far much better both for 9 and watch in regards to battery.
    Mouxy likes this.
    06-24-2015 10:27 AM
    How's this beta compared to the 1st?
    Battery life on the watch seems to be much better. Other than that, I havent really noticed much of a difference.
    Mouxy likes this.
    06-24-2015 01:01 PM
    I am avoiding the beta because of the watch. Especially after seeing this thread. Maybe in a later public beta but it way too early for a daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-24-2015 02:18 PM
    I am avoiding the beta because of the watch. Especially after seeing this thread. Maybe in a later public beta but it way too early for a daily driver.

I think it's far too early for iOS 9. Think I read that FaceTime has been disabled for now. Must be to prevent non devs updating.

06-24-2015 02:36 PM
    I think it's far too early for iOS 9. Think I read that FaceTime has been disabled for now. Must be to prevent non devs updating.

I am on 9 and just did a FaceTime. It worked every time for audio and sometimes video. So it's wonky but not disabled.

Apple might hold back new stuff for beta but I haven't ever heard they dwarf existing features to discourage anyone from using a beta.
    06-24-2015 03:34 PM

If there was a way to put the Watch in recovery or DFU mode similar to that of iOS devices to restore it then I wouldn't hesitate to load WatchOS 2 beta. Although I doubt I would really be negatively affected if the beta turned out to suck on 'my' Watch, having to go through Apple to have it re-flashed is something I'm just not willing to do if things turned out to be dire. Know what I mean?
    06-24-2015 03:42 PM
    If there was a way to put the Watch in recovery or DFU mode similar to that of iOS devices to restore it then I wouldn't hesitate to load WatchOS 2 beta. Although I doubt I would really be negatively affected if the beta turned out to suck on 'my' Watch, having to go through Apple to have it re-flashed is something I'm just not willing to do if things turned out to be dire. Know what I mean?
    I know exactly what you mean. I agree if there was a user DFU mode I would be less hesitant.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-24-2015 03:44 PM
    Having has a watch on os2 it was nice however much preferred iPhone on 8.4. So have gone back to 1.0.1

06-24-2015 03:59 PM
    Having has a watch on os2 it was nice however much preferred iPhone on 8.4. So have gone back to 1.0.1

Did you have to have Apple re-flash WatchOS 1.01 for you?
    06-24-2015 04:14 PM
    Did you have to have Apple re-flash WatchOS 1.01 for you?
    No I didn't. I sent back my steel watch and bought a new one in store.

06-24-2015 04:22 PM
    No I didn't. I sent back my steel watch and bought a new one in store.

Oh okay. Thanks.
    06-24-2015 04:23 PM
    I found that I had to do a full 'content reset' on the watch before I could successfully update to WatchOS2 Beta 2 via the Phone. It kept failing and after doing that it updated perfectly fine. Although, it is a very slow process to update!

Happy with both beta's on the devices. Not long till the public beta now ( 5 days ) as well as the public release of 8.4 for Apple Pay / Music - exciting times!
    06-25-2015 05:55 AM
    I found that I had to do a full 'content reset' on the watch before I could successfully update to WatchOS2 Beta 2 via the Phone. It kept failing and after doing that it updated perfectly fine. Although, it is a very slow process to update!

Happy with both beta's on the devices. Not long till the public beta now ( 5 days ) as well as the public release of 8.4 for Apple Pay / Music - exciting times!
    I very much doubt we will get another iOS 9 beta release till second week July also doubt it will be the public beta. I expect that at beta 4 or even 5 at the end of July.

06-25-2015 06:03 AM
    I very much doubt we will get another iOS 9 beta release till second week July also doubt it will be the public beta. I expect that at beta 4 or even 5 at the end of July.

Well .. I think we'll get another Beta (dev only) in 2 weeks, then I guess a public beta after that - they said some time July so could be mid-month.

8.4 Will be out soon though
    06-25-2015 06:25 AM
    Well .. I think we'll get another Beta (dev only) in 2 weeks, then I guess a public beta after that - they said some time July so could be mid-month.

8.4 Will be out soon though
    That's essentially what I said. I really doubt it will launch in 5 days. The current beta 4 of 8.4 maybe a gm release

06-25-2015 06:28 AM
    There is no way to revert back to Watch OS 1.01 Apple warns of this at least beta 2 is out and it has a lot of fixes mainly battery and speed but as for downgrading there is no way unless you make a genius appt and they have to ship it out because they don't have access to the diagnostic port !

06-25-2015 01:46 PM
    Battery was good the first day. Second day seems to be back to the same horrible life.
    borikrazy likes this.
    06-25-2015 03:18 PM
    Did it fixed the weather app issues??
    06-25-2015 04:18 PM
    Did it fixed the weather app issues??
    What weather app issue?
    06-25-2015 04:20 PM
    Received the Apple Watch Repair box today (shipped yesterday). Pretty neat how they have all the instructions and the box is cool. Just dropped it off to FedEx, will get to apple tomorrow. Hope they downgrade and send it back by Monday.
    06-25-2015 06:28 PM
    im ****ed, i didnt really cared about the battery, i got ios9 to mess with and wannted to stay on watchos 2 for the faces, i downgraded my phone today to ios8.3 as a jailbresk is relesed, then when i pairing a nessage of ****, i did all these for jailbreak, now watch is ****ed, i really want to stay be jailbroked.
    06-26-2015 07:45 AM
    im ****ed, i didnt really cared about the battery, i got ios9 to mess with and wannted to stay on watchos 2 for the faces, i downgraded my phone today to ios8.3 as a jailbresk is relesed, then when i pairing a nessage of ****, i did all these for jailbreak, now watch is ****ed, i really want to stay be jailbroked.
    Have you not read any of this thread? There is no way to downgrade your watch unless sending back to Apple. And you must be on iOS 9 for watchos2 to work.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-26-2015 07:51 AM
    Have you not read any of this thread? There is no way to downgrade your watch unless sending back to Apple. And you must be on iOS 9 for watchos2 to work.

And if you don't want to lose jailbreak you don't upgrade until a jailbreak is available for that version. Generally you won't get to jailbreak a version until well after the official version has been released. That way Apple doesn't have a chance to patch the vulnerability before releasing to the public.

For what it's worth battery is much better for the watch and phone on beta 2. Not as amazing as 8.3 and 1.0.1 but much better then beta 1.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-26-2015 08:01 AM
    i did that, it didnt work, tho i updated to ios9 again to do it, but the backup still on my phone...
    06-26-2015 09:27 AM
    May I ask why you didn't research this before you upgraded your Apple Watch? It's common sense since there's no obvious way to downgrade like there is with Mac OS and iOS. Also, why use an iPhone if you're gonna jailbreak it?
    06-26-2015 01:53 PM
386 ... 1112131415 ...