Forgive me in advance, dumb question... I'm sure it's not, but is it not possible to modify the configuration profile for the purpose of downgrading? Some of us here are iOS dev's, maybe someone can explain why? The mobileconfig file just looks like an xml when opened in a text editor. I read most of this thread, but didn't catch anywhere any mention of this approach (could be wrong).
    There was a thread on Reddit about this.

A guy on Twitter claimed he modified the config file to point at a 1.0.1 firmware instead of the 2.0 link. However other users who tried to edit the configuration profile couldn't find any discernable URL that could be modified to allow us to downgrade.

Here is the thread
    A possible method to downgrade watchOS 2. Anyone want to try it? : AppleWatch
    06-17-2015 05:27 PM
    i luckily do not have this issue .. ( i am picking up my watch tonight) and now know to not run beta on it lol
    Only other option i did not see people mention is if apple was not nice enough to replace it for free .. If you have apple care you could have
    replaced it that way.
    I swore i would skip the apple watch as i like my pebble ... well that didn't pan out .. The apple in me took over lol
    06-17-2015 06:35 PM
    If Apple goes by the previous trends on IOS beta updates, it should come out on the 15th day, so hopefully next Tuesday
    06-17-2015 08:05 PM
    I spoke to Apple customer service and is covered under the original warranty, they are shipping me a box by UPS. On the disclaimer it says that if they find something else that is damage, you will have to covered the cost, if you don't want them to fix it, you have to pay for the service that is no more than $100.00
    06-17-2015 08:17 PM
    If Apple goes by the previous trends on IOS beta updates, it should come out on the 15th day, so hopefully next Tuesday
    Generally, it's every two weeks. Not sure where you got 15 days from. I know that sometimes they drop it on a Tuesday, but usually after that it goes back to a Monday. You never really see them on a Wednesday. I'm expecting the next beta on Monday.
    Alexander Rosario likes this.
    06-18-2015 12:34 AM
    Forgive me in advance, dumb question... I'm sure it's not, but is it not possible to modify the configuration profile for the purpose of downgrading? Some of us here are iOS dev's, maybe someone can explain why? The mobileconfig file just looks like an xml when opened in a text editor. I read most of this thread, but didn't catch anywhere any mention of this approach (could be wrong).
    One person on Reddit claimed they could do it by changing the config file
    06-18-2015 12:34 AM
    If you read the thread it appears to not work for anyone. Supposedly the one claiming he could do it says you need the original firmware from your actual device. Who knows how to get that? Since we upgraded, certainly not us. I edited the 2.0 config file and it says invalid profile with minor edits. Plus it wouldn't matter. It's easy to delete the 2.0 profile from the phone but impossible to remove it from the watch. And with no way to restore the firmware, it isn't going to magically revert anyway.

The only way this is going to be possible without Apple's help, is with jailbreak tools (and they supposedly exist). And we aren't going to see those, if they do exist, until after the public 2.0 release. Otherwise Apple will see the exploit and patch it before the masses get it.
    06-18-2015 01:37 AM
    Im going next week to the genius bar, do you think i should straight tell them that i need to downgrade, or maybe i can tell them that it cant be paired and show them what happens when i try to pair it?

Thanks!!
    06-18-2015 03:00 PM
    Im going next week to the genius bar, do you think i should straight tell them that i need to downgrade, or maybe i can tell them that it cant be paired and show them what happens when i try to pair it?
    With the GeniusBar truth is always the best way to go...
    06-18-2015 03:45 PM
    With the GeniusBar truth is always the best way to go...
    I don't disagree but I tried honesty yesterday and after much internal discussion they refused to take it because it had 2.0. Even still they do such a great job trying to help it would be wrong to mislead these nice folks. Otherwise they will stop trusting and stop helping.
    06-18-2015 03:59 PM
    Which store were you trying in?
    06-18-2015 05:15 PM
    I have been waiting for a while to post here... If you are a legitimate dev then you have no need to downgrade your watch. You are "developing" for it and should be testing your apps.

If you bought in or got a dev account just to play with the new OS's then having a buggy device is the price you have to pay.

sit tight and a new beta will be coming soon. Every beta brings new fixes and introduces some new bugs
    06-18-2015 05:31 PM
    I have been waiting for a while to post here... If you are a legitimate dev then you have no need to downgrade your watch. You are "developing" for it and should be testing your apps.

If you bought in or got a dev account just to play with the new OS's then having a buggy device is the price you have to pay.

sit tight and a new beta will be coming soon. Every beta brings new fixes and introduces some new bugs
    I disagree with this. What if you are a dev developing for the current OS and 2.0?

The simulator isn't exactly like using the real thing so are you meant to have a watch for 2.0 dev, one for 1.0.1 dev and one as daily driver....
    06-18-2015 05:47 PM
    I disagree with this. What if you are a dev developing for the current OS and 2.0?

The simulator isn't exactly like using the real thing so are you meant to have a watch for 2.0 dev, one for 1.0.1 dev and one as daily driver....
    Yes. You are meant to have development and personal daily driver devices whether that is he watch, iPhone, iPad, etc.
    bamf-hacker and Scatabrain like this.
    06-18-2015 05:52 PM

Definitely should have taken the warning seriously then.
    06-18-2015 06:03 PM
    Quick Update. I brought the watch to Apple Genius Bar and told them that I upgraded etc and they sent it to the depot. It took a week and I went to pick my watch up today and they flashed it back to 1.0.1 and did not charge me. I'm this is finally resolved.
    06-18-2015 09:15 PM
    Quick Update. I brought the watch to Apple Genius Bar and told them that I upgraded etc and they sent it to the depot. It took a week and I went to pick my watch up today and they flashed it back to 1.0.1 and did not charge me. I'm this is finally resolved.
    Good news. Do you know if they flashed it vs replaced it?
    06-18-2015 09:49 PM
    Good news. Do you know if they flashed it vs replaced it?
    They flashed it because the serial number stayed the same.
    06-18-2015 09:53 PM
    They flashed it because the serial number stayed the same.
    That's even more hopeful then. I was turned away but I didn't try very hard.
    06-18-2015 09:55 PM
    I sent the watch to Apple and I just received this email:

The technicians couldn't reproduce the symptom you mentioned when you requested service. They confirmed that your product meets our specifications for performance, usability, and functionality. They also installed the latest software and firmware, if necessary.

We're sending it to you along with a letter that provides more information. You'll get it in about two business days.

-----
    So I'm not sure if the downgrade was performed, but let's see.

Did anyone here received this email after sending the watch for a downgrade?
    06-19-2015 08:48 AM
    Dropped off Tuesday to the genius bar, checked my support profile and saw "Replacement product shipped" I guess they must have just replaced it.
    06-19-2015 10:06 AM
    Fixed my battery issue. It died by 8pm. Lost 5 % an hour.
    The issue was all the watch apps were set to download and all said were "installing". But no apps were installed. So I turned them all off. I then turned on one at a time and they installed or uninstalled just fine. The battery is still 100% after 2 hrs.
    06-19-2015 12:08 PM
    Fixed my battery issue. It died by 8pm. Lost 5 % an hour.
    The issue was all the watch apps were set to download and all said were "installing". But no apps were installed. So I turned them all off. I then turned on one at a time and they installed or uninstalled just fine. The battery is still 100% after 2 hrs.
    Didn't have the apps installing issue. Battery draining like a mofo.
    06-19-2015 01:37 PM
    So I went service support on the website and chat with a rep, They sent me an empty box by overnight FEDex, I received it on the second day, mail it back, and on the second day they sent me an email this email, and should receive my watch on Monday, because of the weekend

"Passed inspection!
    Our technicians performed complete diagnostic checks on your product.

Model: APPLE WATCH SPORT 42MM
    Repair ID: D159126363

The technicians couldn't reproduce the symptom you mentioned when you requested service. They confirmed that your product meets our specifications for performance, usability, and functionality. They also installed the latest software and firmware, if necessary.

We're sending it to you along with a letter that provides more information. You'll get it in about two business days. "
    06-19-2015 09:59 PM
    Hopefully today will see a new beta release for both watch and iPhone.
    Maybe Apple will provide a profile for downgrading.
    06-22-2015 03:35 AM
386 ... 89101112 ...