This will be a great feature for me, as I have postponed buying a charging stand for the watch. It basically turns the clock face 90 degrees, and with the watch on its side, the crown and feature button become alarm off and snooze inputs.
    06-08-2015 05:22 PM
    I suspect that will be a popular feature...
    06-08-2015 05:23 PM
    This will be a great feature for me, as I have postponed buying a charging stand for the watch. It basically turns the clock face 90 degrees, and with the watch on its side, the crown and feature button become alarm off and snooze inputs.
    I suspect that will be a popular feature...
    I agree that it's a great added feature that will be quite popular, but I doubt I'll use it.
    Bigeric23 likes this.
    06-08-2015 05:25 PM
    The watch stands will have to change for it.

06-08-2015 05:35 PM
    The watch stands will have to change for it. 
    When I saw this feature, I put my watch on my Spigen stand to see how well it sat on it's side. I'm happy to report it sat nicely that way. I just doubt I'll actually use this feature in the locations I keep my stands.
    Scatabrain likes this.
    06-08-2015 05:49 PM
    I have a Milanese Loop band. When I take the Watch off, the band doesn't make a circle like the Sport band would -- instead, it folds up on itself (sticking to its magnetic closure and the back of the Watch). I think some sort of stand will be required to make the new Bedside mode work with the Milanese band.
    06-09-2015 12:44 PM
    Of course I ordered the Spigen stand last week. I use both a sport and M loop band, so using the side feature might be awkward. I will return it, since it is now preparing to ship. I just ordered the elevation nightstand charger. It was only $9 more and the watch will now be charging on the side for night mode.
    06-09-2015 12:48 PM
    I have a Milanese Loop band. When I take the Watch off, the band doesn't make a circle like the Sport band would -- instead, it folds up on itself (sticking to its magnetic closure and the back of the Watch). I think some sort of stand will be required to make the new Bedside mode work with the Milanese band.
    I am ordering this charger and can report back once it is received. I also have a loop.
    Millbrook and techitrucker like this.
    06-09-2015 12:50 PM
    Update: when I took off my Watch with Milanese loop tonight, I tried setting it on its side in the "Nightstand mode" orientation.

Although the loop doesn't make a nice circle like the other bands, I'm happy to report that it does hold the watch in the Nightstand position very well. A stand doesn't even seem necessary (but might be nice to have).
    06-09-2015 09:04 PM
    I'm really looking forward to this as well. Really cool feature imo.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    06-09-2015 10:18 PM
    Need bedside mode on iPhone IMO as well.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    06-10-2015 03:17 PM
    I use the app AlarmClock for that... mostly on iPad since I can see it without my glasses...
    06-10-2015 03:21 PM
    While this is neat, I wont be using the feature for an alarm clock. I still wear the Garmin vivosmart tracker and the vibrating alarm on that is what I use. I am up at 3am for the gym and try to disrupt my wife as little as possible. I will however use the clock feature. I wonder if the screen will dim or timeout while using bedside clock mode?
    impaler likes this.
    06-10-2015 03:25 PM
    I use the app AlarmClock for that... mostly on iPad since I can see it without my glasses...
    Bedside mode should be native across all iOS devices, not a 3rd party app.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-10-2015 03:30 PM
    I wonder if the screen will dim or timeout while using bedside clock mode?
    My guess is no since it seems to need to be hooked to the power puck so as not to be a battery issue...
    06-10-2015 03:44 PM
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/red-...mUvbUpU2535318
    Attachment 82972
    06-10-2015 03:46 PM
    I agree that it's a great added feature that will be quite popular, but I doubt I'll use it.
    I'm with you. . . . I don't really see the point.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-10-2015 03:54 PM
    While this is neat, I wont be using the feature for an alarm clock. I still wear the Garmin vivosmart tracker and the vibrating alarm on that is what I use. I am up at 3am for the gym and try to disrupt my wife as little as possible. I will however use the clock feature. I wonder if the screen will dim or timeout while using bedside clock mode?
    I won't wear it for sure...the vibrate isn't strong enough. I use my original Pebble for its vibe, which is plenty strong. Plus when I'm waking up and in a fog, I can feel for a physical button to press.
    06-13-2015 12:25 AM
    I tried night clock last night and it does not stay on am I missing something
    09-13-2015 09:04 PM
    It's my understanding that it only comes on for a brief amount of time when you touch it or it senses movement (like bumping the bedside table).
    09-13-2015 11:44 PM
    It does not stay on. It will stay on for a minute or so at first then it will come on if you tap the screen. If you have an alarm set it will come on at low brightness to full brightness over time with the alarm.
    09-17-2015 10:12 AM
    It does not stay on. It will stay on for a minute or so at first then it will come on if you tap the screen. If you have an alarm set it will come on at low brightness to full brightness over time with the alarm.
    In addition, at around 5 minutes before the alarm clock goes off, if an alarm is set, the display will stay illuminated.
    09-17-2015 11:03 AM