I'm very pleased to move from posting about the watch in theory, to actually having one and being able to post about practical issues.

I've been having trouble using the watch as a remote for my Apple TV. Has anyone else gotten this working?
    • I open the "Remote" app on the watch and open the remotes setting in the Apple TV
    • I tap "Add Device" in the remote app.
    • I type in the passcode on the Apple TV.
    • The Apple Watch shows up in the list of remotes on the Apple TV.
    • ...but on the Remote app on the Apple Watch, it just goes back to blank "Add Device" screen.

Anyone have any idea? I can't see what I'm doing wrong. Thanks a million.
    06-05-2015 06:19 PM
    I followed the same steps and am able to using the remote app on my Watch without a problem. Try removing the app from the watch and then reinstalling it. If push comes to shove, un-pair your Watch and then pair it again.
    Bifurcated likes this.
    06-05-2015 06:23 PM
    Mine set up and works great... Went through the steps... All well.
    Just_Me_D and Bifurcated like this.
    06-05-2015 06:24 PM
    I used it for the first time last night and didn't need to follow all those steps. I put my  TV on, opened the app on my watch, the  TV showed up on my watch, I tapped it and I was up and running. No need to enter the code and I didn't do the 'add device' step. But it worked a charm and amazed the kids!
    Bifurcated likes this.
    06-06-2015 12:15 AM
    Just following up in case someone else stumbles on this thread in the future...

So I don't think my problem is related to the watch, because I can't get the remote app to work on my iPhone either.

I'm suspecting my networking setup at home. Maybe the phone/Watch and Apple TV aren't connecting to the same wifi access point. So when I get some time I will try to diagnose whether that is the issue.

Thanks everyone for your help so far.
    06-06-2015 10:35 AM
    Try rebooting all your network gear and troubleshoot from there... In my setup, I have two WAPs... One of which is an Apple Time Capsule, which is what all my Apple devices are configured to connect to... That might give you a place to start.
    Bifurcated likes this.
    06-06-2015 10:38 AM