Scuff/scratches/cracks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
honestly if it cant handle my life style i don't want it lol
i have gone about my normal day .. shower etc with it and no issue so far.
If i get a light scratch so be it .. and for that reason is why i kicked down the extra 49 bucks and got apple care plus .
and if i sell the watch in a year i can even call up apple and they will refund me the some of that 49 bucks depending how much coverage i have left.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
[redacted]

First scratch - haven't even had it a week... Can't for the life of me figure out how either??? ... It's underneath so not that visible but just knowing it's there irks me... I wear it on my left wrist so crown side faces my hand. Something would have needed to get underneath. Can't recall anything happening. Haven't dropped it either. Maybe I wiped it not noticing a piece of debris on it... No clue... Grrrrrr

Was bound to happen I guess but still a **** off. Scratched through the DLC coating too...

Still in 14 day window... Could technically return but I don't thing I could ethically do that...

af0e2cb06b228a5750e401c9114e16ee.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Still looks good. Wear it daily. I'm a clumsy oaf so it's only a matter of time before I do something to the display.

Wearing aluminum w/WSB. That band looks gross. Takes a lot of cleaning. Small price to pay for having it match all my Apple tech (100% white/silver from Macs to iOS devices)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
First scratch - haven't even had it a week... Can't for the life of me figure out how either??? ... It's underneath so not that visible but just knowing it's there irks me... I wear it on my left wrist so crown side faces my hand. Something would have needed to get underneath. Can't recall anything happening. Haven't dropped it either. Maybe I wiped it not noticing a piece of debris on it... No clue... Grrrrrr
It's like that first scratch on a car... always upsetting but eventually you move past it. Sorry to hear about your watch. :) Maybe something got under there or do you slide the charger off? I do that as I've read the stories of the back coming off. Either way, still a nice looking watch, and you're right that being on the underside could be considered "lucky".

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well for grins I went to the Apple Store (it's only 10 mins away) to see what they would say. I showed the Apple rep the damage and asked what I could do about it. Was completely up front about it, showed him the nick and said I didn't know how it happened, that it was odd it was right to the metal (through the DLC coating), and that I didn't recall doing anything to cause such damage. Told him I bought the watch last Sunday. He had to ask another Apple rep who then looked at it for about 10 sec - ran his nail over it - and said: "Get him a new one". I didn't argue obviously.

I was fully expecting to be told it wasn't covered or something to that effect. Not taking for granted how they resolved this. My lucky day I guess (although not so lucky that it happened in the first place). I consider this a freebie. I'll be getting Apple Care + before the 60 day window that's for sure, for any serious damages.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine got delivered on launch day 4/25 and have space gray aluminum. Not a single scratch or mark. My wife got stainless steel delivered on same day and hers has a lot of light scratching.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I nicked mine the other day barley noticeable only if u look but I have had quite a new times where I hit mine looking to expect damage and nothing .. I have apple care so not too worried

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
have some scratches due to putting it on the kitchen counter face down. man i was mad after two days....oh well i got apple care

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have had mine for 5 months and wear it everyday. No dings or scratches. Have banged it a few times but no problems.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone that works a physical labor job wear theirs everyday??? If so how has it held up??? I'm contemplating getting one since their $100 off at Best Buy.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone that works a physical labor job wear theirs everyday??? If so how has it held up??? I'm contemplating getting one since their $100 off at Best Buy.

I don't have a physical job, but I am a hard core exerciser. I am in the gym everyday doing all sorts of stuff and my Watch has one small scratch on the SS case, but you can barely tell its there. If it bugged me I could get a SS polishing cloth and get rid of it.

My screen is flawless and I have been wearing the watch since June 1st. I only take it off to charge and shower. I even sleep in the watch now.

NinerJet9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Space black SS and used daily. I rotate between a SS band a Spigen rugged case. I wear it during all occasions (working out, work) and it still looks flawless.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
My 42mm SS long already has multiple tiny scuff marks on its left side (above the speaker) but I'm not bothered by it. It's supposed to be worn as it should. My Rolex DSSD already has scuff marks on its case, let alone be bothered on the AW.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods