Just wondering if anyone's family, friends, or coworkers give you a hard time for wearing an Apple Watch/smartwatch?

Ive had mine for 3 weeks now and I'm still getting crap from a few people at work about it. It's all in good fun and doesn't bother me one bit. They are just jealous!
    mcvaughan, mike1280 and sioux21 like this.
    06-02-2015 05:43 PM
    No. Not at all. I wear my Watch everywhere and I've yet to receive any negative feedback because of it. People stare at it all the time, and sometimes they'll ask if it's the Watch. Where I get the "wow, that's cool" response is when I'm paying for something via Pay.
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    06-02-2015 05:50 PM
    Nope- I noticed that more people are noticing it now tho- I get a lot more "hey is that the watch"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D and LVMHgirl like this.
    06-02-2015 06:37 PM
    I get a hard time only because I said I was going to wait for Gen 2, but they all knew that I took the blue pill and that I could not hold out
    Just_Me_D, jayk82 and Spencerdl like this.
    06-02-2015 07:37 PM
    I get a hard time only because I said I was going to wait for Gen 2, but they all knew that I took the blue pill and that I could not hold out
    THIS ^^^^^^

Welcome to my world, where the blue pill rules. (No, not THAT blue pill)

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.
    06-02-2015 08:36 PM
    THIS ^^^^^^

Welcome to my world, where the blue pill rules. (No, not THAT blue pill)

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.
    LOL. TMI
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-02-2015 08:37 PM
    I do not get any negative feedback. I get a lot of people, students especially, asking if it is the Apple Watch. I give them a few minutes to ask a few questions and then I am on my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D and bamf-hacker like this.
    06-02-2015 08:45 PM
    Just got mine yesterday and I haven't been out in public with it other than work but I have received some negativity online. I started a thread in a car forum I help moderate asking if anyone was getting or had gotten a Watch. It went off topic immediately. One guy asked "what's the point". Another guy replies "It's just a "status" type thing. Same reason women "need" designer purses, aka...designer saddle bags". A third guy starts a conversation about how evil Apple is. There was barely a positive comment and no one in 3 pages actually stated they planned on getting one. It will be interesting to hear the comments when I get it out in public.
    06-02-2015 09:25 PM
    My coworkers always rib me about my Apple fetish, but . . . I don't let it bother me. I'm not the one always having issues with their tablet, computer, phone, etc.

However, when I go out, I get lots of, "Hey, is that the iWatch?" Sometimes I correct them, sometimes not.
    Last edited by Bigeric23; 06-02-2015 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Typo
    RobtRoma likes this.
    06-02-2015 09:49 PM
    I was telling everyone that I planned on getting the watch since around February. When I started wearing it, they simply asked "oh, did you get your apple watch?" I said yes and showed them different things. So far, all of he feedback for me has been rather positive. Most people don't even notice though.
    06-02-2015 10:21 PM
    I told a couple friends that I planned to get the watch and the first thing out there mouth was "oh no too expensive" ...I'm not made of money by any means but the apple watch is my "cheapest" watch. Currently, I rotate between a movado bold and diamond Michele that I was gifted when I graduated college.

My apple watch arrives tomorrow!
    06-02-2015 11:15 PM
    I don't have mine yet but I would imagine the only negative statements would come out of jealousy.
    06-03-2015 08:37 AM
    People who even notice mine usually just ask "How do you like it?" 😊
    06-03-2015 11:00 AM
    My wife - the lady that bought it for me - does. She gives me that sly, playful grin and comments about "boys and their toys". I'm starting to think she bought it for me just so she could give me a hard time about it.
    kch50428, RobtRoma, jayk82 and 5 others like this.
    06-03-2015 12:12 PM
    My wife - the lady that bought it for me - does. She gives me that sly, playful grin and comments about "boys and their toys". I'm starting to think she bought it for me just so she could give me a hard time about it.
    Isn't what our spouses are for?
    jayk82, zerog46, Dlemos and 3 others like this.
    06-03-2015 01:07 PM
    The only people who have given me any grief are those who are still waiting for theirs to show up. Perhaps if I didn't taunt them.......... :-)
    06-03-2015 05:29 PM
    I will be honest, when I first got it I didn't know if I liked it. I was a little disappointed, but after learning how to use it and how to get things to do what I want, I absolutely love it now.
    06-03-2015 06:25 PM
    Why would someone give you a hard time over it? lol

I just deal with people in my own way. I tell them to go f*ck themselves.
    06-03-2015 06:38 PM
    I will be honest, when I first got it I didn't know if I liked it. I was a little disappointed, but after learning how to use it and how to get things to do what I want, I absolutely love it now.
    That's the key. Once you figure out the manner in which you want the Watch to be of service to you, and then make the adjustments via the Watch app, the device itself can be amazingly practical.
    RobtRoma, Dougie011 and H_D like this.
    06-03-2015 06:52 PM
    The blokes at work are keen to see mine when I get it - one of them was bought one by his wife for his birthday a few days after I ordered mine, so I'll be the first in the company with one.

Friends and family know I'm a gadget and technology nut, so I'm expecting the usual rolling of eyes and comments about 'boys and their toys' ...
    06-04-2015 02:40 AM
    I get a lot of comments about my watch. But I guess you have to stand above that.
    06-04-2015 04:55 AM
    Everyone thinks my Pebble is the new Apple Watch! LOL But today (well really tomorrow, as I won't really get it till late tonight) they will know the difference!
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Everyone thinks my Pebble is the new Apple Watch! LOL But today (well really tomorrow, as I won't really get it till late tonight) they will know the difference!
    people have thought my Garmin vivoactive was an Watch and before that my Pebble Steel.
    06-04-2015 10:32 AM
    unanimously positive responses on my end. Was expecting a bit of banter here and there from android folks mostly, but nothing so far.
    06-04-2015 12:00 PM
    Apple watch?? What Apple watch?? It's a house arrest monitor bracelet...
    06-04-2015 12:04 PM
65 123