Only had positive comments even from android supports not a lot of people notice it really and I don't really advertise it .. They normally just see me using it etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-28-2015 07:02 PM
    My friends gave me a hard time at first but not anymore. They all want one now 😀
    06-29-2015 09:42 PM
    People who see it and recognize it for what it is usually ask me "is that the iPhone watch?" I just smile and say yes and tell them I like it. Most either ignore it or don't notice it until I start fiddling with it to answer a text. My parents think it is a huge waste of money but they thought the same thing about the iPhone, and now they have upgraded to the 6! I'm thinking of getting them each a second generation sport model when that one comes out. I'm sure they will protest at the price at first but then come to find out how useful it can be.
    07-01-2015 11:16 PM
    The manager at Sports Authority asked me all kinds of questions after I used it for Apple Pay. She was very intrigued by it. I was the first one she had seen and the first to pay with it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-02-2015 01:32 PM
    I haven't had a single negative response, or even a neutral response for that matter. It's all been overwhelmingly positive. Some call it the Apple Watch, others the iWatch (who I correct), but everyone asks a million questions and wants me to justify the purchase on their behalf so they'd feel better about dropping $700 (everyone loves the Milanese band as much as I do), so that gets a bit tedious. I've also had people say, "Oh wow, you got the most expensive one!" I quickly and readily inform them that I did not in fact spend $17,000 on a watch that will be replaced in a year and that while it is the more expensive of the realistic two, it's still not the most expensive. That's been the most surprising thing to me, though, because the only way to tell is by the finish, and I didn't think normal non-tech people were into it enough to know that, but apparently they are. The funniest response thus far has been my surgeon who saw that his name was on my Apple Watch as an appointment and he was so excited that he took a picture of it on his iPhone so he could post it. He said he felt special. And then my general care physician is the tech guy in his office who tests all the new products before they buy them for everybody and he uses me for his source of information about these things. I helped them integrate iPhones and then iPads into their servers and services and now he wants an Apple Watch for personal use, so when I go in every three months for my normal checkup, we talk about new technology as much as we do my health and medications. But back on topic of the Watch, it gets noticed on a daily basis and now when I hear someone gasp, I expect it to be a Watch comment. I was at a lounge a couple weeks ago and this drunk girl freaked out and grabbed my wrist/hand out of the air and screamed, "Oh my God!" Naturally, I'm expecting another Watch comment and so was my friend, but, to my surprise, it was about my ring that my boyfriend and I bought each other a matching set of. Apparently when you're drunk, diamonds look extra shiny.
    martinfeld likes this.
    07-02-2015 05:51 PM
    I got a little bit here and there with my first full week with the watch however I could careless what anyone thinks because I'm loving my apple watch.
    07-02-2015 10:04 PM
    No jokes and no problems, everyone always ask can they see it and has questions.
    07-07-2015 04:02 PM
    Half the people still think it's my Pebble Watch, or Moto 360 and are desensitized to my tech-prowess. Most common comment is "Wow that's the first one I've seen up close". Not too many people asking questions, or expecting a tutorial which fine by me because ain't nobody got time for that ...
    Does anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch?-post-6769-aint-nobody-got-time-yius.gif
    Microcosmos and msm0511 like this.
    07-09-2015 10:05 AM
    Well my wife has the Apple Watch and not many folks pay attention to her watch. But she gets mad that my watch which is a Galaxy Gear S gets much more attention. The bigger curved screen probably is what does it.
    07-11-2015 06:36 PM
    But she gets mad that my watch which is a Galaxy Gear S gets much more attention
    How can you not notice that monstrosity?!
    Does anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch?-1415846507796.jpg
    zerog46 likes this.
    07-12-2015 11:10 AM
    Half the people still think it's my Pebble Watch, or Moto 360 and are desensitized to my tech-prowess. Most common comment is "Wow that's the first one I've seen up close". Not too many people asking questions, or expecting a tutorial which fine by me because ain't nobody got time for that ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-6769-aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-yIus.gif 
Views:	123 
Size:	888.3 KB 
ID:	84851
    Isn't that from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt?
    07-12-2015 12:30 PM
    How can you not notice that monstrosity?!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1415846507796.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	85074
    Not as big as the photo makes it out to be, but it is an eye catcher for sure. You can't mistake it for any other watch and most people be like "what the hell is that on your wrist?".
    07-12-2015 03:09 PM
    Whoa that is big haha.

Some really great stories in this thread! Love the drunk one above.

I haven't had anyone give me a hard time for wearing the watch. People are often sceptical of its value/purpose but are quickly impressed once you show them.

My favourite run-in with someone was with a young woman at a toy shop in Melbourne. I was with my girlfriend, who, believe me, has heard plenty about the watch. The woman at the shop was amazed to see the watch on my wrist and asked for a product demo that went for about ten minutes. My girlfriend is very patient!

Most reactions have come from women who are surprised that Apple had the design sensibility for watches as well, not just computers. They're surprised that it can also suit women.
    07-13-2015 06:25 PM
    No one notices it until I use Apple Pay or scan my movie tickets.

My coworker asked me how I liked it, said she had no use for one and that was about it.
    07-14-2015 11:41 PM
    Not at all. I wear it everywhere. and fells good.
    07-16-2015 03:39 AM
65 123