Back at my main office. Been here for 2 hours and already gotten APPLE BOY grief

But, I DON"T CARE!!! I love my Apple Watch
    06-04-2015 02:18 PM
    Back at my main office. Been here for 2 hours and already gotten APPLE BOY grief

But, I DON"T CARE!!! I love my Apple Watch
    Good for you! Don't let the haters get you down.
    bamf-hacker and H_D like this.
    06-04-2015 08:43 PM
    I have one friend who when he saw me wearing the Watch said "I guess you are drinking the Kool-Aid again" (reference to Jim Jones). But he hates Apple - more because he loves tinkering/building his Windows machines and various software that he can't run on a Mac.
    From other people it is more like "Is that THE WATCH???" and they are more interested in how much I like it or what I feel about it.
    sunnysideup22125 likes this.
    06-04-2015 11:32 PM
    Today was my first day in the office with the watch. So far, I've only had one "Oh...you didn't! You are such an Apple geek!" remark. All the rest have been more like "Cool! Show me how it works!" or "Show me Mickey!" and most abundantly "Call me from your watch to see if it works!"
    Microcosmos likes this.
    06-05-2015 02:04 AM
    Good for you! Don't let the haters get you down.
    Haters gonna hate!!! I just punch them in the gut then when they are down, I take a picture of them with my iPhone, make it a favorite, then show it to them on my Watch
    Bigeric23, jayk82 and LVMHgirl like this.
    06-05-2015 05:08 AM
    I had mine delivered to my work...much easier than having to worry about missing UPS. so my sacred unboxing happened in front of most of my coworkers. I'm our gadget nerd...so o mostly just get asked if its as good as I thought it would be.

It's unite the conversation starter using  Pay. I had a clerk at Subway all the way lose his mind. Like../he gathered all of his coworkers and made me show them how I paid with my "iWatch." I low key try and correct them.

I've had two people ask "is that the new Apple Phone?" I educate them also.
    Microcosmos likes this.
    06-06-2015 06:51 AM
    I have had mine since May 1. I have noticed people looking and several have asked if it is The Watch. A couple have asked if it is worth it. One coworker tried mine on and decided it was not for her, too big for her tiny wrist. Mostly people curious, but no negativity.

Apple pay does seem to amaze cashiers when they notice.
    Microcosmos likes this.
    06-08-2015 04:12 PM
    Just wondering if anyone's family, friends, or coworkers give you a hard time for wearing an Apple Watch/smartwatch?

Ive had mine for 3 weeks now and I'm still getting crap from a few people at work about it. It's all in good fun and doesn't bother me one bit. They are just jealous!
    Interesting question. I have only received accolades. I'm a gadget girl so family & friends expected me to get it. Like me, they love my Watch! 😜
    Does anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1433815007.860998.jpgDoes anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1433815031.074484.jpgDoes anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1433815064.706223.jpg
    Microcosmos likes this.
    06-08-2015 09:58 PM
    Just had a guy wearing the original Pebble give me lip about getting notifications on my wrist and that being able to respond to them is dumb...

06-09-2015 11:38 AM
    I haven't had anyone comment on mine and I have only seen 3 people wearing them in my area
    06-09-2015 11:54 AM
    I don't have an Apple Watch yet, but I have a 360 I wear on days I carry my M9. I always get asked if it's the Apple Watch.
    06-10-2015 02:14 PM
    I don't have an Apple Watch yet, but I have a 360 I wear on days I carry my M9. I always get asked if it's the Apple Watch.
    I had that with the Garmin vivoactive and the Pebble Steel. Even before the Watch was available to order
    msm0511 likes this.
    06-10-2015 03:08 PM
    I think my work colleagues have been rather underwhelmed, all things considered. Couldn't care less frankly - I bought it for my own reasons, not theirs.

I've yet to see anybody else wearing one amongst the local population - makes me feel like something of a pioneer!
    06-11-2015 02:14 AM
    Just wondering if anyone's family, friends, or coworkers give you a hard time for wearing an Apple Watch/smartwatch?

Ive had mine for 3 weeks now and I'm still getting crap from a few people at work about it. It's all in good fun and doesn't bother me one bit. They are just jealous!
    A few people have mentioned it when they see it. I'm also starting to see others wearing one, and it's a good conversation opener. Why are they giving you crap? This is the first one I've owned that I don't feel like a tool wearing...the only pretentious thing I do is use ApplePay, but many folks just aren't used to seeing it.
    06-13-2015 12:24 AM
    These people that are making fun of you for having the Apple Watch... Are they the same people who laughed when Apple first announced the first iPhone and they all had their Crapberries?? Now almost everyone is carrying a smartphone and blackberry is on the verge of bankruptcy. Are they scoffing at anyone who has a tablet as well? These naysayers need to cool it with their negativity and embrace the new tech for what it is... New tech that's pretty darn cool and useful.
    06-13-2015 02:09 PM
    All the crap I get is in good taste and is really tapering off now. I have yet to see anyone else wear one other than the apple rep at best buy.
    06-13-2015 03:36 PM
    I used to care what other people think, but then I tried to pay my bills with their opionions.
    06-15-2015 10:35 PM
    I live in a large metro area, and think I've seen two other Apple Watches around town. The Apple Store doesn't count. One person at my workplace, and one of my doctors asked about it. Beyond that not sure how much anyone cares.
    06-15-2015 11:44 PM
    One of my coworkers called me iB1tch LOL. But I don't care. Surprisingly I've only had like 5 people in the almost two months I've owned it even ask if it was the Watch people are just either really oblivious or don't care. But I tend to notice all the little things like the type of watches people wear and what gadgets they're using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-16-2015 12:50 AM
    Nope, I use it everywhere but I understand that they always notice me to see which i'm using. LOL!
    06-16-2015 01:02 AM
    I used to care what other people think, but then I tried to pay my bills with their opionions.
    So you depend on people concern and feedback? That's good to make the right choice.
    06-16-2015 01:04 AM
    I've gotten nothing but pretty positive responses. My boss praised me for getting it... Mainly bc he has apple stock! But co workers at work love it. One guy has a pebble, and he and i would talk about getting our Apple Watches. I went ahead and got it before him, played with it all weekend, before i have him the monday morning verdict. He really wants one now. It's only just gonna get better from here on out
    06-16-2015 09:26 AM
    After 2 weeks of ownership, I've only had a few positive comments and questions from people I know (family and co-workers). Other than that no one seems to notice or care.
    06-17-2015 11:30 AM
    Unless they paying your bills, pay them people no mind lol
    06-17-2015 01:11 PM
    I had two people notice my Watch last week and both, oddly, on the same day. Thursday lunchtime I was in the barbers getting my hair cut and the barber noticed it. That evening my missus was out at the cinema with one of her mates, so I went down our local chippy* and the guy behind the counter saw it.

Both were positive and asked what I thought about it and what it could do - the bloke in the chip shop damn near lost his mind when I told him I could make phone calls on it ...

*For US readers not familiar with top-notch British cuisine, purveyors of battered cod and chips
    Microcosmos likes this.
    06-28-2015 05:30 PM
65 123