I am guessing I am not the only one that has transitioned from Fitbit to the iWatch for fitness tracking? I still like the Fitbit app and have it setup to now import the data from the iPhone for the steps. Seems to work well, but I have noticed that the fitbit app does not show the same amount of steps that are reported by the iWatch or even MFP(My fitness Pal - Matches).

Does any one know if Fitbit app uses iPhone steps or iWatch steps? Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for your help.
    06-02-2015 08:00 AM
    I am assuming you mean the Watch and not the "iWatch". If so, others have transitioned from Fitbit to the Watch whereas others use both. I only use the Watch. As for your question, I don't know. Does the Fitbit work independently of the iPhone in regard to fitness? If not, then I would assume that it uses the information from the iPhone and not from the Watch.
    06-02-2015 08:13 AM
    It takes the step info from the Health app. Make sure the Watch is above the iPhone in the data sources. The first one is the one the health app uses to record data from.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-02-2015 09:31 AM
    The FitBit sync method can only sync so many data points at once. On a heavy step day I tend to sync several times throughout the day to ensure all of my steps are recorded. There is a rate limit that FitBit has set along with several other restrictions, most likely to pursued you to buy one of their devices to save yourself the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-02-2015 09:36 AM
    It takes the step info from the Health app. Make sure the Watch is above the iPhone in the data sources. The first one is the one the health app uses to record data from.
    It appears to be set that way.. I think Fitbit without a sync utility just grapes steps from iPhone and not the watch. Anyway to disable iPhone steps without loosing data coming from the watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-02-2015 12:44 PM
    I think I have confirmed that Fitbit will only take steps directly from what the iPhone records, not the Apple Watch. So if you move w/o it you don't get credit even though the watch is on.

Has anyone else been able to confirm this or force it to grab data from the apple watch without syncing?
    06-05-2015 04:09 PM
    Only the iPhone, for now at least.
    06-05-2015 04:13 PM
    Since Fitbit doesn't have HealthKit integration then it is only pulling data from what the iPhone step counter records--or alternatively the Fitbit band that you're wearing.
    06-07-2015 10:40 AM
    I think I will switch to the Watch steps next week, moving away from the Garmin. Just waiting to make sure the Watch is calibrated.
    06-07-2015 11:38 AM
    I found that using sync solver will cause the health app to double count steps when you wear the Fitbit and apple watch at same time. I also had the watch on top of sync solver in the step setting. Since then I stopped syncing the Fitbit with the health app. Anyone else discover this?
    06-13-2015 06:10 PM