Battery life suddenly shortened!

nixtoo

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
My battery was easily lasting the day, usually down to 40-50% by the end of the day. In the last two days it's suddenly shortened. Now it is barely lasting 10 hrs. No change in use or new apps? Anyone got any suggestions. I guess I will have to contact Apple when I return home, hope I don't have to wait ages for a replacement!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some apps, when updated, will alter the settings, especially if the app is ad-driven. Therefore, go through your app listing in the settings and review its settings and pay close attention to the ones who have cellular access, access to location services and background refresh.

WST88

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I had one day battery was draining about twice as fast. Just restarted watch and it was fine. Getting between 18-20 hours a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I had one day battery was draining about twice as fast. Just restarted watch and it was fine. Getting between 18-20 hours a day

Mine was being drained by the heart rate sensor it stayed on constantly checking my heart rate for 5 hours strait turned it off and now getting great life here is mine right now

iMoreAppImg_20150601_111907.jpg

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Certain apps will caused increased battery drain on your watch. So if you install a new app to your watch, keep an eye on your battery life for a day before installing a new one. So far this method has worked for me, and I do not notice any significant battery drain.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Today is my first full day with the Watch...

took it off the charger at 3:05am, went to the gym for two hours and tracked my workout and now at 7:40 pm I am at 16%

I also had to show my watch to a bunch of coworkers so I used it more than a normal day, and for the last hour a friend who just got her watch has been playing with force touch and sending me a ton of pictures and taps :)

Stats from the app:

usage 5 hours, 7 minutes
standby 16 hours, 31 minutes

JumpingJayzuz

May 6, 2015
Visit site

took it off the charger at 3:05am, went to the gym for two hours and tracked my workout and now at 7:40 pm I am at 16%

I also had to show my watch to a bunch of coworkers so I used it more than a normal day, and for the last hour a friend who just got her watch has been playing with force touch and sending me a ton of pictures and taps :)

Stats from the app:

usage 5 hours, 7 minutes

I'm not sure what I'm more impressed with: the 16% charge after a busy, busy day; or the fact that you woke up at 3am and went to gym.
Probably the gym thing. That's dedication.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure what I'm more impressed with: the 16% charge after a busy, busy day; or the fact that you woke up at 3am and went to gym.
Probably the gym thing. That's dedication.

Ha... 3am Every day

And when I finally went to bed at 9ish pm I was at 11%.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had my watch for all of about 24 hours... took it off the charger about 12 hours ago... And am at 60% on the battery meter...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had my watch for all of about 24 hours... took it off the charger about 12 hours ago... And am at 60% on the battery meter...

Funny that you posted that, Keith. I checked mine about 20 minutes ago. I had 11:42 standby, 2:46 actual usage and 62% battery left.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Stats from the app:

usage 5 hours, 7 minutes

Man, 3:05. That's dedication!!!!

Sent from my  iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
My battery is at 59% after about 14 1/2 hours of use since I took it off the charger. Usage screen is telling me 2 hrs 59 min Usage and 14 hrs 1 min of Standby at 11:50 pm. I didn't have time for a workout today though. After 16+ hours and a workout yesterday, I still had 45% left. So far I'm very happy with the battery life.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My battery is at 59% after about 14 1/2 hours of use since I took it off the charger. Usage screen is telling me 2 hrs 59 min Usage and 14 hrs 1 min of Standby at 11:50 pm. I didn't have time for a workout today though. After 16+ hours and a workout yesterday, I still had 45% left. So far I'm very happy with the battery life.

I'm sitting at 49% battery with 16 hours 31 minutes of standby and 6 hours, 15 minutes of usage. I am amazed. Seriously.