I wore my Apple Watch while sleeping and...

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Noticed something. The watch automatically took my heart rate every 10 minutes and saved it to the Health app. Starting at 3 am, when I was in bed without interruption from letting the dog out at 2:40am, my heart rate followed a regular trend. Every hour or so, my heart rate would go from a low of 41-44 BPM to a height of 81-97 BPM.

Very interesting to see my sleep stages throughout the night.

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I may give mine a good charge before bed one night and give this a try. I wake up every once I a while with my heart pounding. It would be interesting to see spikes and lows. Thank you for sharing!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Interesting I wonder if this would be useful to people with sleep disorders. Track heart rate to help folks with issues such as sleep apnea.
Don't know...wonder about impact on medical applications.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Noticed something. The watch automatically took my heart rate every 10 minutes and saved it to the Health app. Starting at 3 am, when I was in bed without interruption from letting the dog out at 2:40am, my heart rate followed a regular trend. Every hour or so, my heart rate would go from a low of 41-44 BPM to a height of 81-97 BPM.

Very interesting to see my sleep stages throughout the night.

that's a great idea, wonder why I haven't checked before as I sleep with my watch on all the time. Mine does the same thing, I go up to 110(!) about twice a night, starting from 42 bpm. This is some scary information. :raised-eyebrow:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd probably get some results like that..... Me and my zombie nightmares! 😨

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

oxoxtro600

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
You have to select it by finding it under health data and select it to display it.

I wear my watch to bed and have found that my heart rate goes up 1-3 times per night. I have sleep apnea and wear a mask. I need to check if the rise in my heart rate is tied to my waking up during the night. When I wake up, I do not get out of bed, but do check the time on my watch and then roll over and go back to sleep.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

This kind of stuff is one of the fascinating aspects of having the Watch that I'm looking forward to - mine should be delivered today.

Oh, and I feel your pain about having to let dogs out at stupid-o'clock in the morning - we have three and at least twice a week I'm having to do the same ...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
This kind of stuff is one of the fascinating aspects of having the Watch that I'm looking forward to - mine should be delivered today.

Oh, and I feel your pain about having to let dogs out at stupid-o'clock in the morning - we have three and at least twice a week I'm having to do the same ...

Yup... me too. I walk my dogs nice and long before bed to get them tired and EMPTY :) I get up at 3am and when the puppies get me up at 1am to go to the bathroom it kills me :)

iphone5s

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I understand from my family physician that BP can elevate when you sleep. He explained that's where there is some inherent danger to those that have high BP and leave it untreated. The technology on the iwatch, or any smart watch for that matter is certainly opening doors for managing personal health care.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods